Your Meditation Experience

Discussion in 'Spirituality' started by Angie Necole, May 21, 2017. Replies: 3 | Views: 308

1. Angie Necole

Angie Necole Advisor Member

I have been meditating for sometime now and I had a unique experience about a year ago.

It was a very deep meditation that lasted about an hour. When I came out of it, I was crippled with anxiety. This distressed me as I was under the impression meditation was suppose to do just the opposite (and it does). Anyways, I researched it and the only conclusion I came to was that it was a form of "detox". Sometimes meditation brings up unresolved issues/emotions/etc. When it does, you can face them and be cleansed of that burden.

So I did just the opposite of what I use to do when I had anxiety. I welcomed it with love and acceptance but I did not attach to it. With that, my anxiety subsided. It was a liberating experience.

I'm not positive if this is the reason why I experienced anxiety. Maybe it was a coincidence. But this rationalization feels right.

Can anyone else relate? Or have other unusual experiences? I would love to hear.

Michael_Lost likes this.

2. msuccess

msuccess Administrator Staff Member

Yeah perhaps some deep anxiety that needed to be released consciously. Another possibility might be some sort of negative entity trying to undermine your positive intent, in which case you certainly had the right response. Fear would be what they want, not love and acceptance. I've had some unusual experiences myself in meditation.

Angie Necole likes this.
  3. Angie Necole

Angie Necole Advisor Member

I have also heard about negative entities as well. Interesting for sure.

4. Umach

Umach Member

Please meditate under expert guidance , a person who has win over his/her lustful desire. Lust for name,fame,sensual pleasures, siddhis.

And in today's world its very difficult to find such person. So, anyway, please continue. As it says

When is disciple is ready, The master appears.

Like when we clean our house, at first lost of dust gets spread in air, but then gradually it settles down and house become cleaner. Same way, during meditation, many deep rooted experiences, desires come up to surface so that instead of they giving us trouble unconsciously, we face them and overcome them consciously.

My best wishes for your success in the journey .

Regards

Last edited: Dec 6, 2017
    msuccess likes this.