Your Favourite Inspirational Song?

Thorium

Question: What's your favourite inspirational song? Which inspirational song is it that gets you really inspired/motivated about things?

Me.. There are many, but my favourite would probably have to be Waiting Outside the Lines by Greyson Chance.

"You'll never enjoy your life, living inside the box.. You're so afraid of taking chances, how're you gonna reach the top" and "get rid of all your hesitation, it's time for you to seize the day.. instead of just sitting around, and looking down on tomorrow, you gotta let your feet off the ground.. the time is now.."<< These lines are REALLY influential lines to me. Whenever I'm feeling down, discouraged, and negative thoughts seem to start dominating, this song really helps me and gets me thinking.. why am I being afraid to take any chance I'll have to? Why am I "living inside the box"? And I realise all I need to do is seize the day, get rid of the hesitation and get my feet off the ground! :) (Sorry about ranting so much, but couldn't resist! Haha).
My second favourite would probably be The Climb by Miley Cyrus.

OK, enough about me. I'm really curious about YOUR favourite inspirational song! Also feel free to share why the song inspires you, and anything relevant you like.

thorax11

The song that really gets me inspired is by R. Kelly call "I believe I can fly". Every time I hear it makes me really want to fly. I think everyone needs a song that touches them and encourages them to be better than they are. Music is truly the universal language that everyone understands. And inspirational music transcends hardships and troubles.

kSoo

The only one I can really think of is Hello Dolly by Louis Armstrong. Amazing song by a great singer that my girlfriend introduced me me to. Listening every now and then is great for morale :p

cold_00

Win by Brian McKnight really inspires me, It touches my spirit each time. The words are just moving, and it fits a lot of situations I've been in. :)

This song by Mariah Carey really is really inspiring, as you can read between the lyrics. Hope you will take time to watch this video:

Hmmm.... for me nothing is more inspirational than listening to my national anthem. Not the normal version, but there is a rock version sung by Nikolay Rastorguyev of the Lyubeh band. Whenever I feel that I am down, I listen to the 3 mins anthem. Then I feel charged up again!

zararina

Coaching Member
Some inspirational music for me would be Through the Rain by Mariah Carey, Earth Song by Michael Jackson and Tell the World of His Love. The last song was composed and sung by Filipino composer and singer. This song was the played during the beatification of Pope John Paul II.:)

As per my preference, I like Josh Groban's "You raise me up". The song pertains to the parents on how well they have nurtured they child well. I remember we sang this song during our "capping ceremony" (special event for student nurses) during our college days. I was so much taken by my emotion that I nearly cried while singing the song.

I think one of my most favorite inspirational song is Holes In The Floor Of Heaven. It reminds me that even though my grandmother is no longer on this earth, her memories live on forever and are always with me. This makes it easier for me to carry on with life.

Marmalade

My all time favorite song is also my inspirational song. It's Louis Armstrong's original version of "What a Wonderful World." Although I've heard many versions of it, his is my favorite. Wow, what a positive song and it always makes me smile. Even if I'm feeling frustrated, that song can bring me right back where I need to be and it puts everything in perspective for me.

A

artistry

There are many songs that I like, as I do love music, and especially upbeat songs. One of my favorite inspirational songs, from as way back as to when I was a child, has been "Somewhere Over the Rainbow" for some reason. I think it is because you keep looking for your dream it seems, from the words of the song. Sort of a hopeful song, and one that helps you in your effort, to keep moving on, no matter what state you are in. Somewhere over that rainbow, you will find the answer and be in a better place. I like that thought. Cheers.

This song by Shania Twain "Today Is Your Day"

You got what it takes you can win...
You got what it takes you can win
Today is your day to begin
Don’t give up here, don't you quit
The moment is now, this is it
I know that you can, then you will
Get to the top of the hill
Part of the fun is the climb
You just gotta make up your mind
That today is your day
And nothing can stand in your way
Today is your day
Everything’s goin’ your way
Today, today, today, today
When somebody throws sticks and stones
All they can break are your bones
And life's gonna kick around
Then kick you again when your down
But today is your day
Today is your day
Life's goin' to kick you
It's goin' to kick you around
It's goin' to kick you down
Dust yourself off, no regrets
This is as good as it gets
Don't expect more, or less
Just go out and give it your best
Today is your day
Today is your day
Today is your day....
This is a very inspirational song that I am able to relate to well. When life gets you down you must pick up the piece and move on. Always try to find the positive in each experience.

One of the songs that inspires me is Downtown by Petula Clark. Whenever I feel down and all beaten up, I just listen to this song and it never fails to cheer me up. It always reminds me to appreciate the simple things in life. :)

No matter how burdened we are with worries and troubles that seem to never end, we still manage to find a simple thing that can make us smile and lighten up our loads. This is one of the wonders of life that never fails to amaze me.

"And you may find somebody kind to help and understand you. Someone who is just like you and needs a gentle hand to guide them along..." :)

This isn't actually a song but it's an intro to a mixtape by this called J. Cole.
I really love the piano behind it and the strong words he speaks.

radascars

Advisor Member

One of the best inspirational song for me belongs to Hillsong. There are lots of good praise song which gives you an inspiration to move on. I really love to listen to every Hillsong music as I feel more motivated and inspired. There are already lots of people who love their music and I do hope I influence you guys to listen to their sound of music :)

AmazingP

Advisor Member
One of my top inspirational song is Casting Crown's Who Am I because this reminds me and all of us that our stay on this Earth is really just like a vapor in the wind or a flower quickly fading. We are here today and tomorrow we will be gone. Here is the song from YouTube and the lyrics:

Who am I, that the Lord of all the earth​
Would care to know my name​
Would care to feel my hurt?​
Who am I, that the bright and morning star​
Would choose to light the way​
For my ever wondering heart?​

Not because of who I am​
But because of what You've done​
Not because of what I've done​
But because of who You are​

I am a flower quickly fading​
Here today and gone tomorrow​