Your definition of a wise person (wisdom)

Samuel Rosario

Coaching Member
A wise person is somebody with results, somebody who have gone through what he tells you. A wise person is somebody who doesn't follow the crowd, who has habits of success and then teaches them to people!.

Someone who is wise is some one who can teach and lead from experience, someone who is slow to judge but quick to embrace and understand.

Anton

Someone who has a deep understanding of life, which comes not from the mind but from the spirit. I'd say it's someone who can "see through" life and knows what is important and what's not.

RodaTL

Advisor Member
A wise person is the one who makes every effort to learn when it is appropriate to take action, and take the action to bring positive change in their life and the lives of others. That same wise person will not waste their time or anyone else's time complaining about things that are out of control at that particular moment. Knowing how to distinguish between the two is true wisdom.

Not a definition - but an act: a wise person listens

Not sure who said this first: Learning to ignore things is one of the great paths to inner peace.

I really puzzle over this which is good because it makes me think.

I can't ignore everything.

But it dawned on me that I don't have to respond to everything someone says or to everything that happens to me. I CAN just let it go.

When do I let it go?????????

It's like the difference between knowledge and wisdom. Knowledge is knowing how to use a gun; wisdom is knowing when to use it and when to keep it in the holster.

Maybe you already do this. But for me it was a revelation.

Helena

A wise person is someone who knows how to be feeling happy every day. He or she is wise enough to understand that every day is precise and will not come back.

Except happiness is abstract. Like being perfect. Happiness isn't something in and of itself you strive for...it's something we do.

If you feel like you're in control of your life you'll be happier. If someone else is steering then blah!

It would seem that being responsible for your life will drive things. Choose a new goal and decide you'll enjoy the experience and I mean the negatives when you fail and have to start anew.

How much you enjoy the negative things in your life will determine how happy you'll be.

Does that make any sense??

I see an old man with long white beard. :D