You can't achieve a goal if it's not crystal clear

Erik913

Advisor Member
Setting up a goal could very well be the easiest thing in the world, am I right? Anyone has a good response to the question "what do you want?". We all know what we would like to have. A better body, relationship, money, cars, houses, personality switch, world peace, whatever really. But yet, most people are unable to achieve their goals. This is one of the reasons.

The goal is not *crystal clear*
Very simple, yet one of the most fundamental basic principles of achieving anything in your life and it is also the thing most great leaders or just successful people generally know, even if not all of them are aware of it. For example, you want to be wealthy. Okay, fine. Define wealthy. What does it mean to be wealthy? Does it mean you can buy anything you want, or that you can travel anytime to any place on the earth? Does it mean you don't need a job? How much money exactly do you need to be wealthy?

The problem is, anyone knows what they want, yet nobody knows what they want. If you, as said in the above example, only want to be "wealthy", you will never be that. Why? Because you don't know what wealthy is. You cannot have an "unlimited" amount of many, not in this universe.

You cannot achieve a goal if you don't know what that goal is in the same sense as (in SOCCER/FOOTBALL) you cannot strike a goal if you have no idea where the goal is.

What to do? As said above, be perfectly, crystal clear about your goal. Want to become rich?Define exactly how much money do you want to make monthly/yearly, how are you going to make that money, how are you going to spend that money. Define how will you feel about the money you want. If it's a partner that you want, define exactly how the partner will look, act, talk, walk. How or where will your future partner work, live and every single other detail about them. It's all about the details and sticking to them.

Here is the second reason.

People don't stay focused on their goal

So you have defined your goal exactly. You have written every single detail on a piece of paper and are keeping it with you all the time. Every single detail of that goal is there, and in your mind as well - the color of the new car, it's cost, exact model and when it was produced, whether it's new or driven, seatbelt color, entire interior mapped out, everything. The problem is now that you have to stay focused on that, long term. If you focus on that for 2 weeks or a month and then forget about it or set a new goal, it's like telling the Universe "Hey mate, I have changed my choice, here's the new one" and automatically, your new choice is starting to progress, while the old one is being thrown to the bin. Goal achieving is like installing a computer game. You are installing Need for Speed for 2 hours (a metaphor for 2 months in real life) and it's at 80%, but before you can finish installing (achieve) there is a new Call of Duty released. So you start installing CoD while Need for Speed, which was already at 80%, gets thrown away as the new one starts all over from 1%.

In other words, it's very similar to driving a car from point A to point B. You know you are going to the point B, but if you decide, on the way there, that you suddenly want to go to point C,D or E, you will surely never get to point B as originally planned. Just as much as you need to stay focused and keep your eyes on the road. If you don't stay focused, you'll simply have no idea where you're going and thus, your direction will be random.

If you have read this article I just wanted to THANK YOU as then my effort has not been in vain. Please, comment your experiences, issues or thoughts about goal-setting & achieving. I would like to get your opinion.

Good luck with following your dreams and goals, but most importantly, don't forget to stay positive, never give up and have an amazing life!

L

LolaRoge

Hello!!))))
In order for you to be able to reach your goal understand that there are only a certain number of ways that you can in fact be able to do this quickly rather than the standard way of finishing college in a good field, finding a job in your field and working very hard in order to work your way high up in the company that you are working for at the time.

As for me I've found myself in publishing field and of course it has some challenges)
Turns out that fast typing skills are necessary not only for communication in social networks, recently took a job at a publishing office, boss is extremely demanding, do not have any time. The Internet helps me. I began to read interesting articles
[advertising removed by admin]

Last edited by a moderator:

Erik913

Advisor Member
Hello!!))))
In order for you to be able to reach your goal understand that there are only a certain number of ways that you can in fact be able to do this quickly rather than the standard way of finishing college in a good field, finding a job in your field and working very hard in order to work your way high up in the company that you are working for at the time.

As for me I've found myself in publishing field and of course it has some challenges)
Turns out that fast typing skills are necessary not only for communication in social networks, recently took a job at a publishing office, boss is extremely demanding, do not have any time. The Internet helps me. I began to read interesting articles
“how to improve the typing speed”, here are some of them
http://www.hongkiat.com/blog/faster-keyboard-typing/
http://www.ratatype.com/learn/
Now working on it, noticeable a little progress ^^))
check my results here http://www.ratatype.com/typing-test/
Hey mate, I'm not quite sure what are you even... talking about here? :)

The "finish college, find a job" way is actually way too old. Not only it doesn't even work anymore as "good" as it used to, it is really outdated and nowadays, if you aren't a creator, you won't get far.

As for the fast typing, I used to have a class in High School where we have learned to type with the ATF ( All Ten Fingers ) method. It's really easy, valuable and can really increase the speed at which you type, without making any errors.

I still fail to see the relevance of your reply to my post. You should clear up the air. :)

Alby

For many years I was most focused on my disability and I blamed others because I didn't achieve my goals. This year I changed my mental attitude and now I concentrate to my goals. Your article is very interesting because you do clear examples. Thank you.

allanrsm

Coaching Member
You have to know what you want and you need to be specific otherwise we move between daydreaming and wishing! The goal needs to be specific!

The parts we don't always know are the how, when, what...most of the fine detail. However when we decide and move forward on our goals we go through experiences and challenges that allow us to learn and grow!

Developonlinesuccess

Coaching Member
Yes, know exactly what you desire and write it down, commit to achieving it, believe in yourself and you ability to achieve it, dwell on it until it becomes a burning desire, a passion, dwell on the end result, visualize daily and work towards it, never give up and if it is really what you want you will achieve it.

Good luck