YOU CAN CANCEL OUT FEAR WITH FAITH

Bababunmi Sodipe

Fear is the reaction of the emotions to uncertainty of things unknown or anticipated, insecurity or guilt. For many people, the world is changing rapidly and their lives are being altered as a result. The everyday things of life present opportunities to fear. It ranges from home to career to relationship. Questions like these are the many features: will I have enough money to cater for my family? Will I lose my job? Will my loved one ones die? Will my spouse divorce me? While all of these questions are truly a possibility, that should not be reason to anticipate loss or failure.
Norman Vincent Peale, writing in You Can If You Think You Can, provides us with a prescription of mastering fear and doubt. You can cancel out fear with faith. There is no force in this world more powerful than faith. The amazing things can happen as a result of it. There are two massive thought forces competing for control of the mind: fear and faith. And faith is stronger. Hold that thought of faith’s greater power until you believe it, for it can be the difference between success and failure.

zararina

Coaching Member
I had heard/read "You can if you think you can" several times and it has been proven too by lots of those successful people in different part of the world.
In religious terms, faith in God can help us cancel out our fear and do our best as long as it does not violate the golden rule or you are not hurting anyone.

Rea

This instantly reminded me of the book Think and Grow Rich by Napoleon Hill, where faith was exceptionally explained. I found a lot of great quotations from this book on faith, but one quote that I found to be the most moving among others was “Desire backed by faith knows no such thing as impossible”. It’s very powerful, and I have never forgotten that.

That fear inside you can be defeated by faith. When you are in faith, you see yourself as already being in that exhilarating feeling of success; hence, you’re not welcoming any fears, worries, or doubts to come to you. Along with faith, and in terms of getting to where you really want to be, you need to do the necessary actions or steps to accomplish your objectives, as you cannot rely on faith alone. :)

AmazingP

Advisor Member
I admire the writings and works of Norman Vincent Peale and I once read his popular book "The Power of Positive Thinking." Yes, this man was advocating the use of faith to eradicate or at least manage fear. It can be faith on our own abilities and skills or more importantly that higher faith coming from the higher power. When we have faith, we can see a better picture of things and we can make better decisions in life. :)

carlvennt

Fear is a form of emotion which comes out as a result of any unknown situation such as evil spirit,ghost,darkness etc.This type of emotion is normal in every human being and every one have somehow felt this.Faith is the only word which can destroy the word fear.Faith in the almighty,Faith in yourself can only help you to overcome fear.

Last edited by a moderator: