Would you like you if you met you?

Lana James

I just saw this phrase when browsing the internet and it makes me think, "would I like myself if I have really met myself"? funny, but it will make you analyze yourself and think of how did I appear to others. Answering the question, of course I will like myself :) how about you guys? :D

MoreSuccess

Senior Advisor
Staff member
Interesting idea I hadn't even thought about. I think only "if I took the time to get to know myself". I fear introverts like me can sometimes come across as perhaps being unfriendly or distant, but once we get to know someone on a one on one level the relationship can build strongly. I just don't like too much useless chit chat and big social gatherings.

What do you think about first impressions, are they usually right or is it easy to misjudge someone? I do think it's good to try and make good first impressions, it doesn't mean someone will like you but at least opens the door to that. Like a friendly smile, handshake, showing an interest in the other person, etc.

delcambred

It would depend on which day I met myself.

This sounds funny, and I try to live my best, but I think we all have a bad day once in a while.

I would hope I am giving, kind, and loving, more often than not.

delboy491

Advisor Member
I think a lot of people are of the mind "I don't like myself"or "what do I look like,do I really look like that"We need to be kinder to our self and just accept that we are who we are, and if we can be more open minded we might even start to love our self.​
As the saying goes "before you can love another you need to learn to love yourself".:);)

tangwystal

I really hope I'd like myself, but it's hard to be sure. I think my answer is similar to msuccess'--I'm also very much an introvert, and while I tend to be polite and friendly, I tend to hold strangers at a distance. I think two mes might be too standoffish to ever become dear friends.

betty blue

This is a thought-provoking question; I`d like to say yes, of course I`d like myself, but sometimes we`re a bit short-sighted when it comes to our own faults! Like a lot of other posters on here, I`m quite introverted, so I may come across as a bit stand-offish, but I`m really not! I hope that I come across as friendly and considerate, as this is how I see myself, and try to act. But saying that, when we worry what others think of us, other people are usually worried about how they are percieved, so we`re all in the same boat!

zararina

Coaching Member
I think I would like myself if I met me. :p
I could say that I am generally friendly and will just reject a friendship if there is really a valid reason just like if you are rude to me or rude to others.

TheBrit

Don't think I would like me, not initially anyway. I would come across as too offish and arrogant. In actual fact I'm not, far from it, but I am very shy. I invariably have to be asked to sit with other people, not because I don't want to, but because I don't want to intrude.
When I get to know people I am quite a social animal and I think from then on most people would be happy to know me. I know I am.