Will you eventually buy a pair of Google Glasses?

When I first heard of the concept of the Google Glasses, I thought that it was pretty silly. I was content with just my 5.5 inch smartphone and my trusty Netbook. But, as the Google Glasses starts to become established, I think that I'm getting convinced a little more each day to purchase it. Well, for starters, it kinda looks awesome. I wear glasses. So wearing the Google Glasses wouldn't be much of a problem for me. Also, it has a lot of features like hands off video recording and picture taking. Cool.

Will you get one too?

Probably not. At least not until it becomes mainstream and everyone else is wearing it. I think it also depends on the area you live in, if it's somewhere like silicon valley then wearing Google glass will make you look 'trendy' and you'll fit in nicely. In other urban areas that are less developed you'll be a target for muggers looking for a quick buck. Maybe next year i'll think about it, but for now it remains a gadget to read about.

I'm not yet completely sold on Google Glass. Simply put, I have no need for it. It is kind of similar to the smartwatch case. I think these gadgets aren't worth it -- at least not yet.

Jason Surmillon

Coaching Member
If I had the disposable income to grab one I would! I can see it as a tool to document your day, for example going to the beach without having to hold a camera, playing tennis, football, etc. The only downfall for me is it still looks a little tacky haha, but I'll still wear it.

Mrnace

I don't think we'll find people walking the streets with google glasses.

I think they'll be used in specific niches, like in tours of famous landmarks and areas, you could hire a pair to talk you around London or New York City or where ever else tourists go that has internet.

It could be used in training courses, real time cooking courses, surgery or other similar work.

Mrnace

I think they'll be rather expensive. Several hundred with out prescription lenses. But if you need prescription lenses even more.

Mrnace

I've never used an apple product. But use plenty of googles online services, like gmail, search, analytics, adwords, drive and so on.

Erica Faith

Coaching Member
I'd definitely get one. Who wouldn't want to try augmented reality?

From what I have seen so far, they seem pretty cool, I would like to try them.

Still, maybe they would end up being another shiny object stuck in a drawer...I am not quite certain I need them, I seem to have done quite well so far.