Will power..How can we develop it?

Elhama

Coaching Member
One of the beautiful sayings which resides in my mind is " Where there is a will there is a way." I believe that sayings is 100% true.

I always look to the will power as rechargeable battery which may need to be recharged, especially after frustrating and disappointing situations. I think the method of recharge that battery varied from situation to another, depending on the kind and the strength of each situation.

It would be helpful if we share with each other, the methods by which we can develop and recharge the will power inside ourselves.

Alex@TheMindsetX

I think you have chosen a very important topic to discuss as we all clearly need will power to generally succeed in life.

Undoubtedly, the will to move ourselves to purposeful action is very vital for our development as individuals, and this truth if properly harnessed could well be developed through unbroken silence or meditation.

Meditation is a powerful way of developing our intuition as well as our will to do things. In fact, when we merge meditative practice with our spirituality, the results are actually breath-taking. Indeed, in stillness lies our pure potentiality and the ability to do or become that which we desire to be.

As procrastination proves to be the thief of time, meditation appears to be oracle of producing profitable will-power!

Alex
Co-founder, The MindsetX Group
https://themindsetx.sendlane.com/view/attract-abundance

Elhama

Coaching Member
As procrastination proves to be the thief of time, meditation appears to be oracle of producing profitable will-power!
I like that you described procrastination as a thief of time and I totally agree with you. All forms of meditations are very useful to focus on our aims. Prayer is the most strongest form of them. A famous person, who I unfortunately can not remember the name of, said "I have a lot to do and I need to pray."

Alex@TheMindsetX

will2
wɪl/
noun
  1. the faculty by which a person decides on and initiates action.
    "she has an iron will"
    synonyms: determination, firmness of purpose, fixity of purpose, will power, strength of character, resolution, resolve, resoluteness, purposefulness, single-mindedness, drive, commitment, dedication, doggedness, tenacity, tenaciousness, staying power, backbone, spine; More

Last edited:

Nas

Thanks for this topic Elhama,
It's important to know that: the imagination is stronger than will power. I invite you to know more about the autosuggestion by Emile Coué.
Also we can use the habit system to develop a conditioning.
The will power needs to be cultivate ;-)

J E Roberson

Senior Advisor
It's important to know that: the imagination is stronger than will power.
I agree with the direction you are heading Nas. In my experience imagination is the truck that tows will power. The further and clearer my thoughts are projected into the direction of my desires the easier action in the Now is.

I love the way Alex stated it.
Meditation especially and more specifically emotion filled visualization has been my key to will power.

Elhama

Coaching Member
Thanks to you all for your empowering thoughts in this topic. Daring to dream, meditation, and emotionally filled visualization are truely useful tools in recharging the will power. However, if we imagine will power as a car we are going to use, how can we get the very first spark which turns its motor on (Herein, I have to admit that I studied biology which have no relation to cars. I do not also have a car. I mean I know nothing about driving a car. I just know that little information about that first little spark. I hope it is true).