Who Else Wants To Think Better ?

I see a lot of animals in the zoo.
My friend asked me which is the smart animal. And I points out him.
Understand
Yes we've the ability to think. But we not use that in right way. One boy gave a flower to monkey. Instead of smell that, it crunches that. Like that we have a powerful brain but no one try to understand that and use it more wisely.

The key to think better is first understand your two thinking systems:
1: Automative system which is quick decision sometimes called as intuition
2: Reflective system which is long and deeper thinking

You should know where to use this. Don't put square peg in round hole.

When you need to make small decisions such as what to eat ? go with your intuition i.e your automative system. Don't spend so much time on simple things. That suck your energy
When you need to make big decisions such as whom to marry ? or where to invest ? spend time for thinking i.e your reflective system.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think you are wrong.

Before I go into why or why not I would suggest that the people interested in this topic go read the book called thinking fast and slow.

Most of the decisions we make in life are small scale decisions. Yet the result is so big that it just can't be ignored. For example, I can do five heavy squats or ten minutes on the treadmill. After 6 months the difference between the two decisions is astronomical. Yet the choice seems so arbitrary.

Another great example of this is that of eating. I can drink one coke with with every meal or drink one cup of water. Seems so meaningless but over the coarse of days and year it adds up and becomes a huge result that just can't be ignored.

You should be aware of what you are doing and make sure you spend time thinking deeply about it at least once. Intuition can't be trusted on a whole host of different issues(Read the book the author explains it well). Think ladys and hard men. You are already wasting your mind please waste it less.

I think you are wrong.

Before I go into why or why not I would suggest that the people interested in this topic go read the book called thinking fast and slow.

Most of the decisions we make in life are small scale decisions. Yet the result is so big that it just can't be ignored. For example, I can do five heavy squats or ten minutes on the treadmill. After 6 months the difference between the two decisions is astronomical. Yet the choice seems so arbitrary.

Another great example of this is that of eating. I can drink one coke with with every meal or drink one cup of water. Seems so meaningless but over the coarse of days and year it adds up and becomes a huge result that just can't be ignored.

You should be aware of what you are doing and make sure you spend time thinking deeply about it at least once. Intuition can't be trusted on a whole host of different issues(Read the book the author explains it well). Think ladys and hard men. You are already wasting your mind please waste it less.
Research says we make about 35,000 decisions per day It differs from person to person. Some of them have large impact and some of them have small impact in our lives. We should spend time for thinking based on the impact of the decision.
And one more thing, I agree your point. But, Intuition is not worse. Sometimes it can solve problems. Like Archimedes revolutionary intuition ( Eureka )
Thank you for your book recommendation

brianhart

I believe the best way to think better is to not overthink things at all. This is why it's hard for us to be positive because we make a big deal about things that shouldn't be a big deal. There is a quotes that says overthinking is the biggest cause of unhappiness. I've learned that this is so true in my life. I guess everyone struggles with something, but working on not thinking so much has helped me.

Last edited: