Which quote have influenced you the most?

Hi everyone. I love to read motivational quotes. I like to start my day with a good quotes.
Ric Kausrud, after living with HIV for 20 years, just shortly before his death said: "
This is the beginning of a new day. I have been given this day to use as I will. I can waste it… or use it for good, but what I do today is important, because I am exchanging a day of my life for it!

When tomorrow comes this day will be gone forever, leaving in it’s place something that I have traded for it. I want it to be gain and not loss; good and not evil; success and not failure; in order that I shall not regret the price that I have paid for it. I will try just for today, for you never fail until you stop trying.”

Joyce W

"Follow your bliss and the universe will open doors for you where there were only walls" is a great quote by Joseph Campbell, an American writer and mythologist. I first read this in The Secret by Rhonda Byrne which has a lot of other good inspirational quotes as well. This one in particular has motivated me in times when I feel like I'm at a dead end in my life and not progressing forward positively.

Yes I love that as well. I love The Secret, do you know another movie like that? I would love to see more.
I've just watched "The Shift" by Dr. Wayne Dyer. It is amazing.

tomasoberg

"Believing is seeing"

"“Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It's not just in some of us; it's in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others.”

"“Before success comes in any man’s life, he is sure to meet with much temporary defeat, and, perhaps, some failure. When defeat overtakes a man, the easiest and most logical thing to do is to quit. That is exactly what the majority of men do. More than five hundred of the most successful men this country has ever known told the author their greatest success came just one step beyond the point at which defeat had overtaken them.”

MaeMusa

Advisor Member
I like this

"You feel you have to help yourself to grow; you develop the attitude that if you work hard you can have a better life, you don't expect someone to help you. But if you give 70%, you’ll get 70% results. If you want to do well, you have to give 100% - or even more." - Lee Lai Shan, Hong Kong's gold medallist, wind surfing.

and this

"The purpose of learning is growth, and our minds, unlike our bodies, can continue growing as we continue to live." - Morris Adler

Todd Hicks

Senior Advisor
I like this

"You feel you have to help yourself to grow; you develop the attitude that if you work hard you can have a better life, you don't expect someone to help you. But if you give 70%, you’ll get 70% results. If you want to do well, you have to give 100% - or even more." - Lee Lai Shan, Hong Kong's gold medallist, wind surfing.

and this

"The purpose of learning is growth, and our minds, unlike our bodies, can continue growing as we continue to live." - Morris Adler
Your post is brilliant.