Which Celebrity Inspires You The Most!

thorax11

In this world in which being a celebrity has such a profound impact on so many lives their are some who use their short lived fame to make a difference in the world. When I think of the the ones that understand that they have a responsibility to promote charity and unity, Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie live in a way that clearly demonstrates it, and are great role models for young people.

When I look at what impact that some celebrities have on everyday people, their is one that stands out for me as well as millions of other people. And her name is Oprah Winfrey. Using the power of television for making others aware of the importance of caring not only about social issues but personal ones as well. The "Oprah Effect" was coined because whenever a guest came on the show and had a product or book that Oprah enjoyed it created such an incredible tidal wave of sales for that company or author. She encouraged literacy with her book club and conversations at the office. It is for this reason that I choose Oprah as the celebrity that inspires me too be just a bit more than I thought I could be.

What well know person inspires you with their deeds and the way they manage their life?

moneymakingmom

Coaching Member
For sure, I'm not inspired by Britney Spears or any other young singer or actress from her generation. To me, they all seem like very irresponsible people. However, I'm impressed by both former US Presidents including Jimmy Carter and former Pres. Bill Clinton cause both have done very impressive humanitarian deeds since their time out of office. Former Pres. Jimmy Carter helped start Habitat for Humanity and also another organization that provides water purifiers for people living in the desert of Africa where there is little clean water and the water available makes people sick cause of worm infestation. Bill Clinton does a lot of great things too through his foundation, including promoting the idea of micro loans to women/families in third world countries to help start home based businesses.

JanaK

I respect and admire Oprah too. She is a force. I admire Beyonce purely for her work ethic. I don't think people recognize how much work it takes to be on the level that she is as far as dancing and sing at the same time. She makes it seem easy. Most of the people I admire enough to try model myself after are not celebrities or even a live anymore.

beingwell

I think Oprah's one of the biggest names around. She's known for her generosity. And that says a lot. She has inspired a lot of people with her show. I think she'll do bigger things now she's into producing. Good for her!

beingwell

For sure, I'm not inspired by Britney Spears or any other young singer or actress from her generation. To me, they all seem like very irresponsible people. However, I'm impressed by both former US Presidents including Jimmy Carter and former Pres. Bill Clinton cause both have done very impressive humanitarian deeds since their time out of office. Former Pres. Jimmy Carter helped start Habitat for Humanity and also another organization that provides water purifiers for people living in the desert of Africa where there is little clean water and the water available makes people sick cause of worm infestation. Bill Clinton does a lot of great things too through his foundation, including promoting the idea of micro loans to women/families in third world countries to help start home based businesses.
I'm not a Britney fan, either. But I'm quite impressed how she was able to bounce back in her career and in her life. We all learn from our mistakes and I'm happy that she is doing exactly that. I commend her inner strength and determination to get better in life.

JessicaHasArrived

Christina Aguilera inspires me. She's such a strong woman and even though she's been through so much, she hasn't let it get in her way. Her music speaks to my soul and has helped me through so many tough times in my life. Whenever I feel life is terrible or I feel like giving up, I sing along to her songs and cry my eyes out lol. She makes me extremely emotional. I feel like I'm a stronger person because of her. I know it sounds a bit corny because I don't know her, but she inspires me so much. I aspire to be a strong woman like her and make a difference in as many peoples' lives as I can. It means the world to me when I can help others in my life.

radascars

Advisor Member
Amy Lee would be the one who inspires me the most when it comes to music and some aspects of life. Amy Lee is the lead vocalist of the band Evanescence she wrote many songs that inspired most people during their popularity. I love the way she expresses her feelings through her music. She's the one that inspired me the most. :)

Cecil Estrera

I don't have particular names with celebrities. But I know some local artists here who's doing volunteer charity works and helps those orphans and severely-sicked kids to have a better life. I really admire those that don't ask anything in return, they just really want to help their fellow Filipinos.
If I have given the opportunity, I would definitely help those in need too, even if in my own simple ways; just like those well-known people that are generous enough to help those who are unfortunate.

zararina

Coaching Member
Yes, it is quite disappointing to see so famous people behaving badly. Specially that they have lots of fans following their every move and fashion. I would say Jim Carrey inspires me. He makes me laugh on his movies and that inspires me to be more happy in life. :D

AmazingP

Advisor Member
I like some local and international celebrities and in fact I can still consider myself to be a fan with some popular figures on showbiz. However, as to inspiration, i don't think I am drawing inspiration from any of them though they could be worth of admiration and inspiration.

I am more inspired with ordinary people who might be unpopular but showed resiliency and strength in the face of extreme difficulties and challenges. Figures like Mother Teresa, Martin Luther King, Winston Churchill, George Washington and Nick Vujicic are people that can give me inspiration and motivation that life is really beautiful and worth living for!

A

artistry

I am not sure that you would call him a celebrity, but I am very impressed with Bill Gates, the President of Microsoft. He and his wife are well known, for giving to the community, they provide many computers for school children and give monies to multiple charities. It is very inspiring to see people who are willing, to share part of the wealth they have, with others less fortunate, to try to make a difference in the world.