Which Books Have Influenced You the Most?

Brian Perez

Hey Matt,
That's a heck of a goal you have there. Personally, I do not think it is a good idea to try and read as many books as you possibly can. One of the biggest problems in the personal development world is that too many people are reading books, feeling good about it, then thinking they now "know" the information but never really apply it. If you haven't experienced the growth you want then I would suggest re-reading the last book you read and ask yourself if you actually applied the content instead of moving on to the next book. It's what I was doing until I realized that I just wanted a HUGE bookshelf with a ton of awesome books to look at and think I am so wise! But never really growing.

I know a lot of the books mentioned are all filled with life changing information. The ONE book I picked up and finally absorbed the information and experienced change was "Creating A Bug Free Mind" by Andy Shaw. It's Probably one of the most expensive books you will ever read ($67) but I would pay $167 dollars for it if I had too. You can find the first 4 chapters free in my link here: http://www.abugfreemind.com/cmd.php?af=1624162

I looked up your site and I really like what you are doing btw! I hope I wasn't harsh, I just want to add value if I can.

Javi92

I find the books by Robert Kiyosaki great to challenge your beliefs about money and wealth.

Also Tony Robbins in his books gives you a ton of tools you can use to reprogram your mind, teaching you how to work with your beliefs, emotions, habits and many others.

Another one I think is cool if you like entrepreneurship is Entrepreneurial DNA by Joe Abraham, in which he talks about how your personality determines in which areas of business you could do best, and which ones you should avoid.

Another author I like a lot is Egoland, though he is Spanish. He is an expert in relationships, and gives great insights into becoming more open and direct with people, while having lots of fun any time you meet someone new.

Developonlinesuccess

Coaching Member
Another one is Feel the Fear and do it anyway - but I cannot remember who wrote it.
There are so many great books I've read

Enjoy!

nickgregz

The Power of Now by Eckhart Tolle is definitely the go-to book that has a huge impact on almost all aspects of your life. It's a whole new lifestyle philosophy and overall an amazing read.

The Untethered Soul - Michael Singer
T
he Monk Who Sold His Ferrari - Robin Sharma
The Four Agreements - Don Miguel Ruiz
As You Think - James Allen
The Forty Rules of Love - Elif Shafak

These books have completely changed my life in a deeply positive way.
I am eternally grateful! :)

saliksaly

Advisor Member
I have read this book a year ago: Robert Kiyosaki - Rich Dad Poor Dad

And the last year I met many people, information about money and wealth.
I think the book opened my eyes a little and it opened me to a new life opportunities...

MickR

The two best ones I've read would be Think & Grow Rich by Napoleon Hill and Awaken the Giant Within by Tony Robbins.

I'm reading The Motivation Manifesto by Brendon Burchard at the moment, It's a very good read, quite different from the usual self improvement books.

yacine

Just finished The Pilgrimage - Paulo Coelho
Its one of the best books Ive read so far.
For the people who like the Alchemist , you will love this book .

I think The pilgrimage is the better then the alchemist
Hi there, i'm new and already loving this forum for this thread! The Alchemist is a personal favorite of mine , if not my most cherished reading experience. I've tried reading author books by the same author, Paulo Coelho, like Aleph, the 5th mountain but i just didn't enjoy those at all. I'll definitely look into the pilgrimage! Thanks

Vivek Naik

These 3 books have helped me get started on the self development path and I always keep them accessible on my desk:
- Think and Grow rich - Napoleon Hill
- How to win friends and Influence people - Dale Carnegie
- Leader Without Title- Robin Sharma

They are good reads and I keep going to some topics to solve my daily challenges or get ideas

Ricky O' Shea

Can't even begin to tell you how many books I've devoured in my day, but the top five books that have influenced me the most would be:

Think and Grow Rich by Napolean Hill
2. The Power of NOW by Eckhart Tolle
3. How To Stop Worrying and Start Living by Dale Carnegie
4. How To Win Friends and Influence People by Dale Carnegie
5. The Art of Happiness: A Handbook For Living by The Dailai Lama and Howard C. Cutler

I would recommend all them books to anyone.

Hope that helps.

Ricky.

I'm reading Dr. Robert Cialdini's book Influence. It's about the six universal principals of persuasion. He's done research in the topic for more than 30 years.
It's about how to use these principles, and how to say no to "influence aces" - as he called them.

Rhys Barry

A lot of the books have already been named which is brilliant.

Heres a few of my personal favourites:

You were born Rich - Bob Proctor
The ABC's of success - Bob Proctor
Rich Dads guide to Investing - Robert Kiyosaki
The Cashflow Quadrant - Robert Kiyosaki
How successful people think - John C. Maxwell

allanrsm

Coaching Member
Hi The Science of Getting Rich (Wallace D Wattles) is a significant one that I read frequently along with As A Man Thinketh (James Allen) as very succinct and straight forward teachings on change.

I also value The Bible (haven't read the whole thing though) as an invaluable guide as this can be practically applied in the physical as well as the spiritual realm.

Other are You Were Born Rich (Bob Proctor), Think and Grow Rich (Napoleon Hill)