Which Books Have Influenced You the Most?

Hi everyone,

I'm always looking for more reading material and would love some suggestions. What are some of your favorite books, and how have they shaped your life?

At the time of writing, I've read 95 books out of 1000, which is my goal before I hit 35. I can recommend some good ones too!

Carl Davies

Oh, man this is my favorite thread so far.. :) Here goes..

Think and Grow Rich by Napoleon Hill, Psycho-Cybernetics by Maxwell Maltz, Purple Cow by Seth Godin, Jab Jab Jab Right Hook by Gary Vaynerchuk.

Just some you can check out. All of them I've personally loved!

Todd Hicks

Senior Advisor
"A Christmas Carol" by Charles Dickens is my favorite book of all time. In addition to being fascinating and deep, it has helped me grow up to be caring and sympathetic to those less fortunate. This book provides a lesson that should be heeded by all employers, leaders, etc.

Developonlinesuccess

Coaching Member
Hi everyone,

I'm always looking for more reading material and would love some suggestions. What are some of your favorite books, and how have they shaped your life?

At the time of writing, I've read 95 books out of 1000, which is my goal before I hit 35. I can recommend some good ones too!
Hi Matt -I read self improvement & business books - haven't time for novels - try this one
“The Power of Your Subconscious Mind” by Joseph Murphy

http://www.amazon.co.uk/The-Power-Your-Subconscious-Mind/dp/9562912019

A Favorite book of mine, having reread it many times. It is still available. This book demonstrates how your sub-conscious mind supports you if you learn to the messages it sends, sometimes in the form of intuition. also how to go with the flow and let success happen rather than fight it. success can be curing ill health, reaching financial freedom or to succeed in whatever area you goals lie.

I also have a page of book reviews see below

tomasoberg

Working on yourself

The Way of the Superior Man - David Deida
The Fountainhead - Ayn Rand
Outwitting the devil - Napoleon Hill
As a Man Thinketh – James Allen
Do the Work - Steven Pressfield
The War of Art - Steven Pressfield
Inner Voice: Unlock Your Purpose and Passion - Russ Whitney
Unlimited Power - Tony Robbins
Personal Power - Tony Robbins
Awaken the Giant Within - Tony Robbins
Giant Steps : Author Of Awaken The Giant And Unlimited Power - Anthony Robbins
Breakthrough - Anthony Robbins
The 10X Rule: The Only Difference Between Success and Failure
Man’s Search for Meaning - Viktor Frankl
The Book - Alan Watts
The Power of Now - Eckart Tolle
When I Stop Talking, You'll Know I'm Dead: Useful Stories from a Persuasive Man - Jerry Weintraub

Business
Scientific Advertising - Claude Hopkins
How to Master the Art of Selling from SmarterComics by Tom Hopkins and Bob Byrne
4 hour Work Week - Tim Ferris
Think and Grow Rich - Napoleon Hill
Jab,jab,jab right hook - Gary Vaynerchuk
Contagious: Why Things Catch On - Jonah
Grant Cardone- 10x rule
Grant Cardone - Sell or be sold
Getting Everything You Can Out of All You've Got: 21 Ways You Can Out-Think, Out-Perform, and Out-Earn the Competition - Jay Abraham

Joyce W

I'm surprised no one listed this: The Secret by Rhonda Byrne. This is definitely one book that has influenced my life, especially my beliefs. There's also The Power by Rhonda Byrne which is an excellent follow up to The Secret. The Master Key System by Charles T. Haanel and The Science of Getting Rich: Your Master Key to Success by Wallace D. Wattles are two others that I've heard great things about but have not read yet.

tomasoberg

I'm surprised no one listed this: The Secret by Rhonda Byrne. This is definitely one book that has influenced my life, especially my beliefs. There's also The Power by Rhonda Byrne which is an excellent follow up to The Secret. The Master Key System by Charles T. Haanel and The Science of Getting Rich: Your Master Key to Success by Wallace D. Wattles are two others that I've heard great things about but have not read yet.
Have a read or better listen to audio book on Outwitting the devil with Napoleon Hill and you will know where they found most of the stuff to "the secret" :)

I will check into the other books for sure!

The secret is an amazing movie as well!

Hi everyone,

I have two books to recommend: Working With the Law - Raymond Holliwell
You2 (You squared) A High Velocity Formula For Multiplying Your Personal Effectiveness In Quantum Leaps - Price Pritchett
Those are my favorites

MaeMusa

Advisor Member
Here are some of the books that I have read, liked and got inspired.

Atlas Shrugged - Ayn Rand
Man's Search for Meaning - Viktor Frankl
The Alchemist - Paulo Coelho
Who Moved My Cheese - Spencer Johnson
The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People - Stephen Covey
First Things First - Stephen Covey
A Boy Called It - Dave Pelzer
Psycho Cybernetics - Maxwell Maltz
As a Man Thinketh - James Allen
Unlimited Power - Anthony Robbins
Awaken the Giant Within - Anthony Robbins
The Challenge to Succeed - Jim Rohn (MP3)

Mrnace

There are few listed here already.

Think and Grow Rich was a very inciteful book, but I felt its very outdated now and some of the principles wouldn't work today.

I feel the same about another book, How To Win Friends And Influence People by Dale Carnegie, its has some very similar principles to Thin And Grow Rich.

If you can adapt these to todays time then you'll have a major change occur in your philosophie in life.

There are some books that I have but haven't finished, I found them hard to read, like Psycho-Cybernetics, I found it a little boring.

Other books that are a must read.

The Power Of Habit - Charles Duhig
The Path Of Least Resistance - Robert Fritz
Money: Master The Game - Anthony Robbins

They are plenty of others that I can't think off at the moment, if I was in front of my book shelf I'f have a better idea and list.

Bill C

Advisor Member
Hi Matt,

Granted that I read books by Anthony robbins, Napoleon Hill, Jim Rohn etc. etc. and for me were all extraordinary and important, but the ones that ultimately influenced me most were the books of Osho.

If I remember correctly the first one I read was "Con te e senza di te" (in Italian) in English is translated "with you and without you" It talks about human relationships and how you can become slaves to the emotional level of the partner or friend.

However you can do some research on the internet to read the material free.

tomasoberg

Just finished The Pilgrimage - Paulo Coelho
Its one of the best books Ive read so far.
For the people who like the Alchemist , you will love this book .

I think The pilgrimage is the better then the alchemist

Tony Paluš

My favorite book all time is Start with Why by Simon Sinek. It is so inspirational book and after reading it I find myself that I actually love leadership stuff, that's why it is my main niche.
Then I recommend Brendon Burchard's work, his work inspired me to be more interested in the personal development stuff and now it is with leadership my main area.

GJGreyling

Coaching Member
I think that the books that have influenced me the most are the ones that bring the most clarity and therefore motivation to my life.

Also I think that is why a book becomes ‘influential’, because the author has the ability to take a complex subject and make it simple by breaking it down to its very essence.

Here are some of the most influential books I’ve ever read:

Robert Kiyosaki - Rich Dad Poor Dad

John Maxwell - The 21 Irrefutable Laws of Leadership

Anthony Robbins – Awaken the Giant

Jeff Olson – The Slight Edge

David Schwartz – The Magic of Thinking Big

Mike Maloney – Guide to Investing in Gold and Silver

Thora

Advisor Member
Hi.

There are so many books I could list and a lot of them have been, but I would add books that helped me have the courage I needed to go my own way in life.

I was raised with the notion that working hard, getting good grades, become a doctor or a lawyer and your set. "Keep up with the Jones´s" stuff.
Well that just never fitted me, although I almost didn't realize it until I read a book (as so many times is the case).

The first one that opened my eyes to other paths in life was Business of the 21st century by Robert Kyosaki
The second one that rid me of my fear of dealing with people was Go for No! by Richard Fenton and Andrea Waltz
The third book that taught me how to eat the elephant was The slight edge by Jeff Olson
The fourth one that pushed me right out of my comfort zone and into my true life was Risky is the new Safe! by Randy Gage

Although these are not the typical self help books they are the ones I think of first!

Live easy!

Thora MJ

Last edited: