When the realisation hits, you gotta take action! Hi, my name is Charlotte!

Hi everyone!

My name is Charlotte and my self-development journey started a couple of years ago. The realisation hit me after attending a three-day event where we would discuss ongoing issues in the EU.

That is where I met many people that seemed to have bright minds with a plan to execute their ideas. I realised how little I knew. Therefore, I started focusing on learning new skills and widening my horizons.

I realised what I was doing wrong that made me blend in with the mass. And I wanted to be better than the mass, so I started learning. I started looking things up online, reading books and watching documentaries on what I was doing wrong, then proceeded to attempt my best to fix my bad habits and establish systems to help me move forward.

It is a continuous learning curve, I am still learning today.

Now that I have established extremely effective learning and working habits, I have switched up my focus a bit. Now my main goal is to figure out the perfect balance between work and leisure. I've got a lot of learning to do, but I am happy to share all my trial and error experience as well as the outcomes.

I'm happy to be joining you all,
With Love,

Mick IOM

Coaching Member
Welcome @AuzuParslas

Great to see you're on the journey of self-mastery. There's idd a whole lot to learn and I think this statement will be true forever:

It is a continuous learning curve, I am still learning today.
And really, what's more fun than the process of learning new stuff, right?

As for the work-life balance you're trying to discover, have you ever considered the option that there might not be a balance?

I heard this metaphor about walking the other day; when you walk you're basically throwing yourself out of balance, just to catch yourself again. That's really what walking is.

Meaning that the pendulum always swings from left to right. Sometimes you might need to focus a little more time and energy on your work, while other times you might want to prioritize other parts in your life a little more.

Just some food for thought :)

All the best,

Mick

@Mick IOM
That's a very interesting thought you've got there. I guess that's sort of how it's been - work a lot during the term time and sleep it all off during the holidays. But I personally don't find it working as well as I'd like it to.

You are probably right about work and leisure being imbalanced, but I still feel like there needs to be a change in my ways.

Thank you for sharing though, I appreciate your input! :)
Kind regards,

Mick IOM

Coaching Member
Hi @AuzuParslas

Yes, you're probably right. I think this is because it's a never-ending struggle haha. Every time I seem to have the things balanced the way I want it, I still don't feel like I spend enough time on other things, or new things come up all of a sudden.

I suppose we should change our concept of time and create more hours every day ;)

All the best and good luck with balancing out the things :)

Mick