What's The Last Book You've Read

Discussion in 'Reviews' started by beingwell, Jun 13, 2011. Replies: 34 | Views: 5960

1. msuccess

msuccess Administrator Staff Member

Great choices. I've read a lot of self improvement books and those are on a short list of those that actually gave me helpful skills.

2. Rea

Rea Member

Just had the chance to brush up on Think and Grow Rich again, there's Spencer Johnson and Kenneth Blanchard's "Who Moved My Cheese?"

3. Forrester080

Forrester080 New Member

4. Life Coach Pete

Life Coach Pete New Member

5. Charles Franklin

Charles Franklin Advisor Member

Hello again! I got an update, so I thought I would take the time to update the last book I read. It was "The New Jim Crow: Mass Incarceration in the Age of Colorblindness". The book was staggering!

6. Personal Development Tips

Personal Development Tips New Member

Personal Development Seminars
    The Law of Attraction and The Science of Getting Rich.

Also I have read some of Dr. John Demartini's books too. They're great! Check out his book 'Inspired Destiny' and "The Value Factor".

7. CraZzyChiC

CraZzyChiC Senior Member

Just finished reading "The Power of Now - Eckhart Tolle" and very empowering book. Really wakes you up and makes you think, making you focus on what you really want out of life.

8. Carlo Martin Yrure

Carlo Martin Yrure Member

Lead Guitarist, Entrepreneur
    Last book I read is Dynamo: Impossible Magician. It's an inspiring story of a great new magician who changed his life because he believed in what he loved.

9. Rachid Idali

Rachid Idali Member

Freelancer and Student
    The Last i book I read is Tim Feriss's The 4 Hour work-week , and i started reading another amazing book called : How to Become a Straight-A Student By Cal Newport.
    If you didn't read Tim Feriss Book yes than i advice you to stop what you are doing now and purshase the book and start reading it :)

10. Developonlinesuccess

Developonlinesuccess Coaching Member

Part-time sales & my own websites
    Well I have been reading business books I got for Christmas, but have you read:
    “Thank God It’s Monday” by Charles Cameron & Suzanne Elusorr.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Thank-God-its-Monday-Satisfaction/dp/0852235798

It is basically about finding work, or your own business that is totally right for you and until you find it, how to improve your feelings towards your current job. It also discusses doing paid work in order to fund setting up your own venture.

I thought this truly relevant for many starting in business. There are exercises to help you decide your true vocation.

Not only does it show you how to survive a job you dislike intensely, but how certain strategies will help you almost enjoy it! A friend tried the techniques and was amazed at the difference it made and the results for her. I can certainly recommend it as an interesting read with added benefits – Enjoy.

Rachid Idali likes this.
  11. Todd Hicks

Todd Hicks Senior Member

freelancer/entrepreneur
    I'm now reading an old romance novel titled 'Joy in the Morning' by Betty Smith. It's quite good so far.

12. Rachid Idali

Rachid Idali Member

Freelancer and Student
    Thanks For suggesting This Book, based on your description it seems an interesting book so i'll try to find some time in order to read It :)

Thnks Again

13. Developonlinesuccess

Hi liked your video. too busy to take a challenge - changing my life with a new business!!!

14. Developonlinesuccess

Books for Christmas, not all read yet - only dipped into - masses of information for building a business :
    500 social media marketing tips,by Andrew MaCarthy and 99 ways to flood your website with traffic by Mick Munro.

Other book reviews on my website - wish there were 20 days in a week!!:LOL:

15. Lucas Gabriel

Lucas Gabriel New Member

How to Win Friends and Influence People by Dale Carnegie. A lot of very good practical advice on skillful ways to deal with people. The title sounds a little manipulative and self centered but this is not how the book actually is. Its about how to get along well with others and create win win situations for all involved. He actually advises against ever being insincere. Most of it is very simple and seems like it should be common sense after you hear it but I had been making a lot of the mistakes he points out. Originally published in 1936 but just as relevant today as it was back then. I enjoyed its old fashioned feel. He relies extremely heavily on stories to illustrate his points. Many of the stories and examples are very interesting but in my opinion he tells a few too many as it seems a little longer than necessary at times. Overall, I definitely enjoyed it and feel that its lessons were very valuable.