What's the hardest part of being a parent?

Sharon

The hardest part for me, is to let them try and learn from their mistakes. As parents, we want to guard our children from pain, but if we do not let them try things and learn when things do not work out, we, in the end, are doing a major disservice to our children.
Totally agree to this comment!

Sharon

I think the hardest thing I have found with my kids is each has their own personality and character (as all kids do) and as much as you parent the same from one child to the next, one may need to be spoken to differently than the other.
Keeping the communication lines open is soooo key!
I get on so well with my teenage daughter at 17 - and I get on so well with her huge circle of friends. I am always open to having interest in what they are up to without being to invasive but showing interest - and kids like that.
I have twin 13 year old boys and they are just 2nd year in high school but in general doing well.

AniaD

My son is now 8 months so at the moment the hardest thing for me is figuring out how to help him when he is crying (currently teething so there is some crying believe me...).

But I think that in general letting go will be my challenge..I want to protect him so much but I know it's not what is gonna help him grow up and become independent...

Lisa Moore

I think the hardest part is when you see kids diagnosed in any incurable disease like Lupus, or anyone who is diagnosed of cancer. That's so definitely heart breaking to see them.

Anton

Patience. Accepting them for what they are. Reminding myself that they are unique, that they are NOT me. That they don't have to accept my views and share my way of life.