What motivates you to get up and pursue you dreams?

Hello everyone this is my first post on this forum, I've already seen a lot of cool and interesting people over here! I wanted to know what reasons make you push forward no matter the situation =)
My reason to push forward is doubters, all my friends and family tell me that I'll never make it and that I should study and get a 9-5 job, but I have different dreams I want to live on my own terms and I'm willing to work 12 hours a day to achieve it!
Hope you are having a wonderful day! Thanks for reading this post!

DreamLifeRules

Coaching Member
Hello everyone this is my first post on this forum, I've already seen a lot of cool and interesting people over here! I wanted to know what reasons make you push forward no matter the situation =)
My reason to push forward is doubters, all my friends and family tell me that I'll never make it and that I should study and get a 9-5 job, but I have different dreams I want to live on my own terms and I'm willing to work 12 hours a day to achieve it!
Hey Valerio,
I am glad I see this determination. If you are willing to work as hard as you wrote, with a right guidance, you´re on right path!
Showing others, you´ll succeed, is a really strong motivation.
For me it shows extremely important, have a big goal (Every goal should be big enough, to make you get up in the bed every morning, without hitting snooze button.)
For me it works, when it´s something external non-selfish. For example if you want to succeed to buy a new car, this kind of motivation comes and goes away, but if you want to succeed because you want to take care of your parents, your family, you´ll not dare to hit a snooze button, or be lazy again.

I hope it helps, and I hope you´ll show all your doubters, that you´ll succeed!
You´re on a right path!

Hey Valerio,
I am glad I see this determination. If you are willing to work as hard as you wrote, with a right guidance, you´re on right path!
Showing others, you´ll succeed, is a really strong motivation.
For me it shows extremely important, have a big goal (Every goal should be big enough, to make you get up in the bed every morning, without hitting snooze button.)
For me it works, when it´s something external non-selfish. For example if you want to succeed to buy a new car, this kind of motivation comes and goes away, but if you want to succeed because you want to take care of your parents, your family, you´ll not dare to hit a snooze button, or be lazy again.

I hope it helps, and I hope you´ll show all your doubters, that you´ll succeed!
You´re on a right path!
I liked your post so much, If I succeed I always thought like you of helping my family and making them live without working becuase they have been great with me and I want to give back ten times more! It would be great to get in touch and have a little chat sometimes, I hope people really appreciate the work you are doing! Hope you are having a great day!

Hello Valerio, That is a great reason to to after your dreams and have success. I do what I do because I want time and money freedom. Life isn't about just paying the bills it is much more than that. It is about living to the fullest.

denydritz

Coaching Member
I've been thinking about motivation recently, how it works and what motivates me to do the work I need to do. I'm trying the technique of visualizing the next big phase in my life (right now it happens to be owning a home for my wife and I). Imagining a simple but 'warm' house (not a big mansion like you see in vision boards and dream books) gives me a boost of energy in the morning.

That being said, I'm trying to not need motivation at all. If you think about it, motivation is an 'artificial' state of energy that we summon to compensate for lack of understanding and clarity about what we need to do to achieve the goal we want. A good example I like to use is that we don't need to rely on motivation to get home after work, right? We simply follow the correct path and reach our home, regardless of how we feel.

So I want to achieve a state of 'default motion' that is always moving towards my next big goal because I understand the correct path, without needing motivation or any other 'artificially' induced emotion.

minz

Welcome Valerio - even if my welcome is a bit after you joined

Great question. What motivates me is me - to do right by me and what I know I am meant to be doing. I follow my truth and that is my greatest motivator. If I go against it things turn interesting.

Thanks for posting! I'm new to the community, too :) For me, my motivation is to be the best person I can be and to share as much of my abilities with the world as I can. I like to help people and that really motivates me whether it's running SQL, giving tips on data presentations, or figuring out to optimize your sleep schedule.