What makes a good employee?

smile4u

All of us want to be appreciated by our employers (if we have).
A good relationship with your boss is very important for your career. Besides you must own the real ability to fit in your job. I would like to know more about it. What do you think can make a good employee? :)

moneymakingmom

No matter what job I'm doing, whether offline or online, I try to do my very best and live up to my own high standards of excellence. I don't think it's only good enough to live up to what others expect from you, when you are capable of so much more. You have to do what's right in your own heart while on the job. And, if an employer doesn't push you to do your best, you have to find ways to fulfill your potential anyway.

smile4u

No matter what job I'm doing, whether offline or online, I try to do my very best and live up to my own high standards of excellence. I don't think it's only good enough to live up to what others expect from you, when you are capable of so much more. You have to do what's right in your own heart while on the job. And, if an employer doesn't push you to do your best, you have to find ways to fulfill your potential anyway.
Very well said. Besides what you said there are still a couple of points need to be paid attention to, and i think its applicable to each of us who works in a company:
- Dont be late for work. You should come 10 or 15 minutes earlier before the work starts
- Work with enthusiasm. Employers like those who are vigorous when it comes to work
- Offer new ideas to your leadships
- Do more and say less. Dont complain too much, dont say something bad of others, dont gossip.

speedy

Advisor Member
To be good employee, we need to maintain self-discipline.
Discipline - Be on time and have a proper management of everything
Respect - We need to respect our employers
Love our Job - We need to love our job no matter what it is.
Loyalty - Loyal people is always awarded. Be loyal to the company that we are working.
Communication- Communication is very part in the workplace. Try to communicate with your boss if its necessary.

Milton

To be good employee, we need to maintain self-discipline.
Discipline - Be on time and have a proper management of everything
Respect - We need to respect our employers
Love our Job - We need to love our job no matter what it is.
Loyalty - Loyal people is always awarded. Be loyal to the company that we are working.
Communication- Communication is very part in the workplace. Try to communicate with your boss if its necessary.
Well said. I think good employees are also people with resilience and adaptability, especially in the ever-changing world scene today. Things may not go smoothly and according to plan, and good employees will strive to ensure that the job gets done in the face of an adversary.

speedy

Advisor Member
Well said. I think good employees are also people with resilience and adaptability, especially in the ever-changing world scene today. Things may not go smoothly and according to plan, and good employees will strive to ensure that the job gets done in the face of an adversary.
I agree, about our world changing and it will change more in which companies and employers were also affected by those change.

Milton

Yup if you look around us, the firms that are thriving, like Google and Apple, are creative and innovative. They change with the times and modify their products to suit whatever the consumers require, allowing more consumers to relate better to them and trust in their products.

moneymakingmom

Very well said. Besides what you said there are still a couple of points need to be paid attention to, and i think its applicable to each of us who works in a company:
- Dont be late for work. You should come 10 or 15 minutes earlier before the work starts
- Work with enthusiasm. Employers like those who are vigorous when it comes to work
- Offer new ideas to your leadships
- Do more and say less. Dont complain too much, dont say something bad of others, dont gossip.
Giving your all on the job is the key to self improvement, whether you are working for an employer or for yourself in a home based business. You cannot improve by slacking off. You are not only cheating the employer but yourself of a valuable learning experience.

Cecil Estrera

A good employee is a rule abider.
Working hard is good, but following company rules makes it better.
If you are able to do that, you would build trust with you employer.

zararina

Coaching Member
A good employee for me is someone who gives his best and has a heart for his job. An yes it is right that he should follow the rules and regulations of the company specially if could make them a better employee and it could help in the success of their company.

rose banks

A good employee is diligent, responsible, hard-working, self-motivated and team worker. That's what constitute a good employee.

rose banks

A good employee is diligent, responsible, hard-working, self-motivated and team worker. That's what constitute a good employee.

Gerlie Reyes

All of us want to be appreciated by our employers (if we have).
A good relationship with your boss is very important for your career. Besides you must own the real ability to fit in your job. I would like to know more about it. What do you think can make a good employee? :)
A happy and appreciated employee is a good employee.

marlinealcott

Someone who has a positive attitude, is punctual, and is capable of thinking for themselves.

Sophia G

There are many good answers in this thread. Here are a couple of questions to ask yourself about taking initiative.

Do I look around and see what needs to be done and do it or do I wait for someone to tell me what to do?

Do I try to learn more or do I stick with what I already know?

A

artistry

I think that a good employee would be a person who takes their position seriously, learns the in's and out's of the job, is prepared for the challenges of the positiin, is affable but professional and shows respect for others. A lso is one who set goals for their future and keeps learning, while bringing their best to the job.

Moronke

A good employee is someone who pays attention to details and seeks to improve productivity and efficiency of the company.

MyDigitalpoint

Advisor Member
I believe that what makes a good employee is their love for what they do and the loyalty that an individual develop for a company.

Of course qualifications and moral ethics also count, but employers who work because they need to and not because they need but like to, are not really good employers at all even if they have impressive credentials.

Striving

Lots of great responses to this post! Aside from the qualities that have already been mentioned, I sure appreciate employees (and businesses, for that matter) that do slightly more than they are being paid for, rather than "just enough".

There are employees who do what's asked of them and nothing more, while keeping a close eye on the clock to make sure that they don't work a second past quitting time; ...And then there are those rare employees who show up early, pick up a broom when there is nothing else to do, act like they're happy to be there, and don't expect to be paid for the five minutes they stayed late to finish what they were working on. These are the ones that get ahead in the world!