What is your life purpose and how can you discover it?

Kareem

Advisor Member
Hey guys how are you today? I wanted to write this post in the interest of digging deep and discovering who you really are and what you are meant to do. Alot of people unfortunately do consider the possibility that they have a higher life purpose than the functions they perform on a daily purpose. I have been on a journey to find my life's purpose and I still am so I pose the question to you. What is your life purpose and how can you discover it?

Here is my personal take on it btw
http://www.maizelawofattraction.com/discovering-your-lifes-purpose/

Marty Labrado

Coaching Member
Hey guys how are you today? I wanted to write this post in the interest of digging deep and discovering who you really are and what you are meant to do. Alot of people unfortunately do consider the possibility that they have a higher life purpose than the functions they perform on a daily purpose. I have been on a journey to find my life's purpose and I still am so I pose the question to you. What is your life purpose and how can you discover it?

I think you may have meant "Unfortunately a lot of people do not consider their life purpose..."?

Anyway, you're right. A lot of people don't. It might be due to ignorance (simply not even knowing
that they could consider it), fear (afraid of the possibility), or even laziness (complacency?).

My purpose is to ignite the fire within others. I'm here to motivate, inspire, teach, and move
others into their purpose. That's what happened to me. I think I covered a bit of it in another post
on this forum.

In regards to people being afraid of the possibilities or the sheer 'not knowing' exactly
what could happen:

“If you don’t design your own life plan, chances are you’ll fall into someone else’s plan. And guess what
they have planned for you? Not much.” (Jim Rohn, American entrepreneur, author and motivational speaker)

"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure.
It is our light, not our darkness, that most frightens us. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is
nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are all meant to
shine as children do. It's not just in some of us; it is in everyone. And as we let our own lights shine we
unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence
automatically liberates other."
(Marianne Williamson, author, lecturer)

Those two quotes have inspired me along the years.

Care to enlighten us on your purpose or what you've discovered so far, Kareem?

Philipk

I believe the life purpose of everyone is to be happy. That is the ultimate purpose in life. I think the question is more "How do we get there and what path do we take". Just my humble opinion.

namktqs

Coaching Member
No matter what is your purpose, but it should be big to enough worth and motivate you do things that you feel mean with your efforts. Someone purpose only is want more money, happy of their own, achieve something for their own...ect, problem is when their purpose not enough big or mean with themselves then they hard to keep going far on it when in process there are many difficult or things make them uncomfortable.

Marty Labrado

Coaching Member
No matter what is your purpose, but it should be big to enough worth and motivate you do things that you feel mean with your efforts. Someone purpose only is want more money, happy of their own, achieve something for their own...ect, problem is when their purpose not enough big or mean with themselves then they hard to keep going far on it when in process there are many difficult or things make them uncomfortable.
It's true. Motivation is key. We have to find something big enough so we can't just sit still.

I believe the life purpose of everyone is to be happy. That is the ultimate purpose in life. I think the question is more "How do we get there and what path do we take". Just my humble opinion.
I like your take on this.

Jason Surmillon

Coaching Member

Fun post Kareem!

So I truly believe my life purpose is really to give back to the community. Giving back to others is something that will always be fulfilling. You can do it a million times and never get tired of it. Setting goals is a great motivation to keep me progressing through life!, but once I've accomplished them I'm only satisfied for a few days. I would have to keep setting bigger goals to keep my feet moving.

I've donated money to charities, churches, families and friends, but what really woke me up and sparked that fire to really give back was when I bought food for a homeless man. He was sitting in front of a restaurant talking to everyone that passes by asking just for food, he did not want money. I was sitting on a bench just waiting for my laundry to finish and for about 5 minutes all I saw were countless people walking pass him not even acknowledging his presence. All he was doing was asking for food while holding his stomach, clearly he was starving. I couldn't take it anymore. I stormed in the restaurant bought a big meal that could last a whole day. I then hand him the food "Here you go buddy." He was so shocked and speechless. He kept saying thank you thank thank God bless you God bless you and he started tearing up.

When I was walking back to get my laundry I couldn't but help to tear up a little too haha. That is when I discovered a feeling I've never felt before. It surpasses the feeling of accomplishing any goal.

So from experience I wouldn't waste energy to find your purpose. I did not go to the laundry thinking I'm going to find a person to buy food for. I would suggest just live in the NOW and keep improving yourself. Your purpose will come to you! Trust me ;)

Great question, enjoyed reading everyone's posts. Thank you.

I believe that part of my life purpose is to express who I am in my power freely from the inside out and elevate the human consciousness by supporting others to stand up for who they are, and re-connect to their Power and create the life they deserve. By being the change first, I empower others to live their truth and follow their heart.

When you discover what lights you up, you discover the real reason you are here. I believe everyone is here to ultimately be their most authentic self and live life how they desire and experience and learn to return to love, and then share that with others.

Marty Labrado

Coaching Member

I believe that part of my life purpose is to express who I am in my power freely from the inside out and elevate the human consciousness by supporting others to stand up for who they are, and re-connect to their Power and create the life they deserve. By being the change first, I empower others to live their truth and follow their heart.

When you discover what lights you up, you discover the real reason you are here. I believe everyone is here to ultimately be their most authentic self and live life how they desire and experience and learn to return to love, and then share that with others.
I love this response, Ana. And thanks for coming back and
being a part of our community!

By letting your inner light shine, you're giving other people
permission to do the same.

MoreSuccess

Senior Advisor
Staff member
I like it as well Ana, it sounds like you just explained my own feelings on this question in a much better way than I could verbalize! It's important to me to have a positive impact on others, however I feel it's mostly through one's own personal and spiritual growth that you can do that. I think that in addition to this broader concept of "life purpose" we have the purpose that exists right "now", which can change at any time as it's only the present moment that is real and that matters. What "lights you up" is a great way to put it, I have adopted the same concept but calling it "what excites you" which is basically the same thing.

Philipk

I like what you said there. Helping others is very important, as you get what you give.