What Is Your GREATEST SKILL In Life???

I've been asking this question since 2010. Usually when I meet someone for the first time, this is what I ask so I can share with them what I feel is their Greatest Skill. Since we are all meeting for the first time, and this is my first post, I would like to ask the same question. What is your Greatest Skill in Life?

As you read this article, please think of ONLY one (1) skill that you have, which you think has been the biggest factor in your life, that has made a big difference in your successes.

1st, The first thing that comes to your mind is what I want you to write down. 2nd, After you've read this post in its entirety, write down if you've heard of the concept I am about to introduce. And 3rd, I want to know your opinion on the concept.

So before you read on, please write down your Greatest Skill at this moment...

Let me begin with a question that I want you to keep in mind. All of us was a baby at one point, so at birth, what does a baby know? Of course NOTHING!!!

A baby's mind is a Blank Canvas. No belief system, no religion, no fear, no guilt, no shame, Nothing whatsoever.

Fast forward to Now! What do we know? Think about everything that you now know, and what you have learned up to this point. From when you were a baby, from your family, from school, from work, from online, from your daily interactions and from all around you. What have you learned so far? A lot correct?

Think about it. All that you know and everything that you are, you have LEARNED!!! From when you were a baby until now you have been learning all your life, and we will continue to learn until we die.

So your GREATEST SKILL in Life, Is Your Ability To LEARN ANYTHING!!! There isn't anything that you now know that you haven't learned. Including this Greatest Skill that I just shared with you.

So with this Greatest Skill you can solve anything. Whenever you are faced with a problem or a challenge, Never should you ask whether you Can or you Can't. Instead you should ask, How long will it take me to LEARN how to solve this problem, using your Greatest Skill.

And to help you guarantee a job interview, you should tell the interviewer to hire you over the other hundreds of applicants because 'I CAN LEARN ANYTHING!!!" And when asked what makes you think you can learn anything? Your response is this... Because when I was a baby I did not know anything. But I Learned to crawl, I Learned to talk, I Learned to walk, I Learned to read, I Learned to write, I Learned to drive, I Learned the ABCs, I Learned to communicate and I LEARNED _____ (and fill in the blank). So hire me, give me the proper training and I promise you I will learn and be the best at my job!!!

This concept has helped many people secure a job from their first interview. Try it!

So please share your Greatest Skill before you read this post, whether you've heard of this concept before, and your opinion on this please. And please Share this with others whom you think could use the help in discovering their Greatest Skill. Thank You :)

Last edited:

denydritz

Coaching Member
Yes, the way I say it is my greatest skill is building understanding.

I often think that it is the only action that we, as humans, can do, and have full control over. We can't control the results we get, we can't control other people's behavior, sometimes we lose control over our own behavior, but we can always build understanding to better understand ourselves and the correct path to take that leads to the results we want.

Yes, the way I say it is my greatest skill is building understanding.

I often think that it is the only action that we, as humans, can do, and have full control over. We can't control the results we get, we can't control other people's behavior, sometimes we lose control over our own behavior, but we can always build understanding to better understand ourselves and the correct path to take that leads to the results we want.
Well said denydritz! And building understanding is a great skill because it is what drives us to use our "Greatest Skill" to better understand the world around us, and I agree, it is the only thing that we can control. Thank You!

Mick IOM

Coaching Member
Thanks for sharing this post! Some great insights.

Personally, I think there are many great skills. But since we're human beings and most of our success determines on other human beings, I would say that the greatest skill in life is your ability to persuade.

But of course, your ability to learn anything is great too. To add my 2 cents on that, you must become curious.

All the best,
Mick

Thanks for sharing this post! Some great insights.

Personally, I think there are many great skills. But since we're human beings and most of our success determines on other human beings, I would say that the greatest skill in life is your ability to persuade.

But of course, your ability to learn anything is great too. To add my 2 cents on that, you must become curious.

All the best,
Mick
Thank you Mick!!! Very true that the ability to persuade is a great skill that is a necessity in life because every day we have to persuade someone to buy into our ideas. But you must first Learn the skill of persuasion! That's why your Greatest Skill is your ability to LEARN ANYTHING! If you first don't Learn you will never know how to persuade :)

And most definitely curiosity is a huge part of learning. Without curiosity there's no effort to go out and learn. And I have a different perspective in learning that I will write about and share in future post.

Thanks again Mick and All the Best as well :)

I've been asking this question since 2010. Usually when I meet someone for the first time, this is what I ask so I can share with them what I feel is their Greatest Skill. Since we are all meeting for the first time, and this is my first post, I would like to ask the same question. What is your Greatest Skill in Life?

As you read this article, please think of ONLY one (1) skill that you have, which you think has been the biggest factor in your life, that has made a big difference in your successes.

1st, The first thing that comes to your mind is what I want you to write down. 2nd, After you've read this post in its entirety, write down if you've heard of the concept I am about to introduce. And 3rd, I want to know your opinion on the concept.

Let me begin with a question that I want you to keep in mind. All of us was a baby at one point, so at birth, what does a baby know? Of course NOTHING!!!

A baby's mind is a Blank Canvas. No belief system, no religion, no fear, no guilt, no shame, Nothing whatsoever.

Fast forward to Now! What do we know? Think about everything that you now know, and what you have learned up to this point. From when you were a baby, from your family, from school, from work, from online, from your daily interactions and from all around you. What have you learned so far? A lot correct?

Think about it. All that you know and everything that you are, you have LEARNED!!! From when you were a baby until now you have been learning all your life, and we will continue to learn until we die.

So your GREATEST SKILL in Life, Is Your Ability To LEARN ANYTHING!!! There isn't anything that you now know that you haven't learned. Including this Greatest Skill that I just shared with you.

So with this Greatest Skill you can solve anything. Whenever you are faced with a problem or a challenge, Never should you ask whether you Can or you Can't. Instead you should ask, How long will it take me to LEARN how to solve this problem, using your Greatest Skill.

And to help you guarantee a job interview, you should tell the interviewer to hire you over the other hundreds of applicants because 'I CAN LEARN ANYTHING!!!" And when asked what makes you think you can learn anything? Your response is this... Because when I was a baby I did not know anything. But I Learned to crawl, I Learned to talk, I Learned to walk, I Learned to read, I Learned to write, I Learned to drive, I Learned the ABCs, I Learned to communicate and I LEARNED _____ (and fill in the blank). So hire me, give me the proper training and I promise you I will learn and be the best at my job!!!

This concept has helped many people secure a job from their first interview. Try it!

So please share your Greatest Skill before you read this post, whether you've heard of this concept before, and your opinion on this please. And please Share this with others whom you think could use the help in discovering their Greatest Skill. Thank You :)
WARNING!!! Keep in mind with this Great Skill you are now aware of. It is NOT Biased nor is it Prejudice... Whether something is Good OR Bad, it does not matter. You can and you will learn it if you choose to. Just like money or anything else. It is up to the person to use it for good or use it to hurt others. So be aware of what you are Learning and what you will use it for.

One of the important skills in life for me is Learning
And for me as well, Learning is my most important skill and my greatest skill. The sad part is, most do not realize this at all, and it took me almost my entire life to discover and understand this even though I was already using it in my life every day.

I'm glad to hear this is one of your important skill in life. Thanks Dinesh!