What is your diet?

armony

I am on a 3700 calorie and 150g+ protein diet in efforts to gain muscle. What about you? are you on any special diet to lose weight? maintain weight? gain muscle?

pstovall

My main focus is keeping my cholesterol levels healthy, so I am continually counting fat grams. I try to eliminate as many saturated fats each day as possible. I also try to keep my calories down to 1300-1400 calories a day when I'm trying to drop a couple of pounds. It's really hard. I have to record my calorie intake to be able to stay within the limits. It's unbelievable how quickly the calories add up in a day's time. Every bite you swallow makes that total go up! I think it's so much better to keep fat off than trying to lose it once it's been accumulated.

MoreSuccess

Senior Advisor
Staff member
My teenage son wants to gain muscle and he wanted to know what to eat more of. I don't know that much about it other than having plenty of protein to go along with exercise. At my age I'm not too concerned about muscle, and am not particularly overweight, however I have to be careful to keep my cholesterol down. So many foods I love but have to avoid now, and so easy to make exceptions when it's in front of you.

Cecil Estrera

I am not really particular when it comes to different types of diets, but I think I am eating right, so far. I am having a cup of rice every meal, and fish, meat, veggies, or mixed to match it during every meal. I also drink lots of water and love to eat fruits for snacks. Well, I am having soda once in a while. And also some sweets like chocolates every now and then.

AmazingP

Advisor Member
I am not really particular when it comes to different types of diets, but I think I am eating right, so far. I am having a cup of rice every meal, and fish, meat, veggies, or mixed to match it during every meal. I also drink lots of water and love to eat fruits for snacks. Well, I am having soda once in a while. And also some sweets like chocolates every now and then.
This is a typical diet for us Asians. Just control your craving for more sugar and your body would definitely thank you for that. I am right now into brown rice and though some people may not like the taste and the texture I would say I fall in love with brown rice from the first time we meet and agreed to go together for an adventure...lol. The only thing I hate is that it cost more per kilo in grocery stores so right now I am planning to have my one small rice farm. :D

zararina

Coaching Member
I do not have specific or special diet right now. I just try my best to limit myself from junk foods and sweets and that would mean eating more healthy foods. I just want to keep my weight but losing some weight would be great too.

Cecil Estrera

This is a typical diet for us Asians. Just control your craving for more sugar and your body would definitely thank you for that. I am right now into brown rice and though some people may not like the taste and the texture I would say I fall in love with brown rice from the first time we meet and agreed to go together for an adventure...lol. The only thing I hate is that it cost more per kilo in grocery stores so right now I am planning to have my one small rice farm. :D
That's a good idea AmazingP. You wallet will surely thank you for that. :)

I am not really into sweets more often, especially now that I am pregnant. I crave for more sour and soupy foods instead. I just hope my morning sickness would be lesser so that I can eat more now that I am underweight.

AmazingP

Advisor Member
That's a good idea AmazingP. Your wallet will surely thank you for that. :) I am not really into sweets more often, especially now that I am pregnant. I crave for more sour and soupy foods instead. I just hope my morning sickness would be lesser so that I can eat more now that I am underweight.
Congratulations on the privilege of giving another life to this world! You must really avoid sweets while being pregnant though I understand that there are those who can't resist the temptation to eat sugary foods and drinks. I think you know better that excessive exposure to sugar is not good for the baby inside. Instead, we should go for nutrient-dense foods like veggies and fruits. :D

Jack Alan

To obtain your achieve target, you have to do exercise daily for 30 mints. and also eat less fat and low cholesterol foods items. Use fruits juices for getting energy and also eat boiled vegetables mostly instead of meat, fish, chicken etc.
Go on walk for 1 km daily in the morning.

Daisiesndots

I am trying to lose weight. I try to keep my calories around 1400 or so, somedays I overeat and then some days I don't eat enough. I find myself able to stay on my diet better when I follow the zigzag diet where I have low calorie days and then a few high calorie days. As long as I leave enough time inbetween my high calorie days, I can usually eat good (bad) food and still lose weight.

Patricia Coldiron

I believe in moderation, and that no food should be off limits. I like high fiber foods such as fruits, veggies, oatmeal, and whole-grain cereal. If I tell myself I won't eat sweets, that is all I will think about until I give in to temptation. Include lower calorie sweets such as angel food cake, pudding, and jello. Don't stress out if you eat cake or candy once in awhile.

A

artistry

I am not on a specific diet, I have a hard tine following them. But I have been drinking more water, also I started to drink vinegar in a glass of water, which must be helping. I had not been on a scale for a good while, but today, I found that I have lost over 20 pounds. Must keep it up. Cheers.

Jessi

I am currently just trying to maintain my weight or drop a few pounds even. So on a daily basis, I simply try to keep my portions under control and eat a balanced diet. I don't have any special diet or calorie restrictions, though.

marlinealcott

Approximately 80% raw, free of gluten, corn, soy, dairy, and any other grains. Based on salads, sprouted foods, fermented foods and some cooked greens and veggies. I start the day with a large raw fruit smoothie every morning and a cup of green tea. 10% of the cooked foods in my diet are organic protein sources such as fish, free range eggs, grass fed beef or wild game. I don't eat out at restaurants and cook all my food from scratch.

bneil

I just eat a lot, I think I won't be having problems with diets due to my regular workout and good body metabolism, but I want to look leaner so Im going to try and pick a diet plan soon.

carlvennt

The most important part of a meal is that it should be a balanced diet and should be healthy.A healthy meal should contain all the necessary ingredience such as carbohydrates,minerals,vitamins,fat in the right quantity.It should include lots of fresh fruits and vegetables and about 8-10 glasses of water.

Last edited by a moderator:

bneil

I have learned that Mediterranean diet is a good one, so I might try it later this month.

A

Adam Smith

I recently set my diet plan to maintain my fitness level.
I eat 1 apple, 1 glass of fresh orange juice, and omelet in breakfast.
In lunch I eat one bread along with fried vegetables or meat, vegetables salad and some fruits.
In dinner I take only vegetables soup or green tea.

bneil

Have you all heard about sacred heart diet/ It is said to clean our system from impurities and it is done on a 7 day eating plan. I am on day one eating only fruits and juices.

jolly

i like all kind of foods like meat, vegetables, fruits, sea foods , dairy items, fast food etc etc.