What is your biggest challenge when to building confidence?

Davhof

Hi everyone,

Overall I feel I'm fairly confident in most areas of my life, but there are some areas that I would like to improve on. Mostly in social interactions where I feel I'm asking for something. I've been interested in personal development for quite a while, so I know a lot of techniques or actions to take. My biggest challenge is actually using the techniques I know or sticking with them. Does any one else have this same challenge? If not what is your biggest challenge in building more confidence?

Davhof

No thoughts? Has anyone had struggles in the past with confidence that they've now overcome?

talha tufail

Hi.
I struggle very much to build my confidence. Five years ago, when I meet new peoples, I have no words to talk with them. I got confused. So these things put me down for being social. One year later in 2018 one of my friends suggest me to read a book that is "7 habits of highly effective people" written by Stephen Covey. I read this book and follow all the steps that the writer describe in this book. This helps me a lot in My Personality Development. And now I feel very comfortable while talking to new peoples.
At that time I realize that surely books are our great friends. I also recommend all of you guys to must read this book.
Thank you.

Davhof

Thanks for the reply and the tip. That book has been on my list to read, but I haven't got around to it yet. Maybe I should bump it up on the list

jeff

"Don't..."

That's the thoughts that keeps on playing in my mind.
"Don't do that you look stupid" "Don't go there you won't fit in" and so on. The thing is that's your old self talking based on what you're used to.
I've learned to stop listening and make efforts to do what I want. Change your mindset and let it get used to the new norms.

denydritz

Coaching Member
Confidence comes from competence, being able to do what you want to do. The more you do it, the more confident you become.

If you want to be more confident in social interactions where you're asking for something, then keep doing it. You could learn certain words and phrases that are more likely to persuade the other person to help you.

What's preventing you from using the techniques or sticking with them?

WilltoPowerThrough

"Don't..."

That's the thoughts that keeps on playing in my mind.
"Don't do that you look stupid" "Don't go there you won't fit in" and so on. The thing is that's your old self talking based on what you're used to.
I've learned to stop listening and make efforts to do what I want. Change your mindset and let it get used to the new norms.
HAHAHA same here :LOL::LOL::LOL:
i think the only area of my life i havent conquered yet is meeting new people..
im very good at dealing with problems and staying motivated but just cant get into the habit of just talking to new people and getting them to like me.
i know the solution is just talking to people and saying what i think yet the words just wont come out
any advice?