What is your biggest challenge in dealing with unexpected changes?

Tinbai

I consider this pandemic one of the major unexpected changes in this lifetime. I would think that we can agree on that to some extent.

I wonder how you guys are dealing with it? What's the biggest challenge you've faced in going over this change?

Thank you.

Last edited:

MoreSuccess

Senior Advisor
Staff member
It's really been hard to give up some of the things that I enjoy most in life and just stay home. I also see too many hurt financially due to inability to work.

Tinbai

It's really been hard to give up some of the things that I enjoy most in life and just stay home. I also see too many hurt financially due to inability to work.
I can totally relate. Thanks for sharing your thoughts. I guess accepting the new normal could take some time.

To be honest, I feel like this pandemic forced me to change how I viewed the world and my life. It has been hard dealing with change, but after being quarantined I have learned to read more. Focus more on my goals and really get to know myself.

I learned how to create other streams of income working online. Something I don't know if I would have ever learned with being so busy going to work every day.

Tinbai

To be honest, I feel like this pandemic forced me to change how I viewed the world and my life. It has been hard dealing with change, but after being quarantined I have learned to read more. Focus more on my goals and really get to know myself.

I learned how to create other streams of income working online. Something I don't know if I would have ever learned with being so busy going to work every day.
Thank you for sharing your journey, @thelifestylecure

Indeed, the absence of everyday noise allows us to explore other areas of our life that we can improve. So glad it's working out for you, @thelifestylecure

Mariana

My biggest challenge was to stay calm amongst the many worried and panicked people around me. To stay calm when my colleagues' mood went down dramatically, stay calm for my family. I saw that as my personal challenge to implement all the techniques I've learnt and all the work I've done on my negative mindset to actually now start applying that in practice. It was reminding myself about it every time when I was about to be affected by others' mood.

Tinbai

My biggest challenge was to stay calm amongst the many worried and panicked people around me. To stay calm when my colleagues' mood went down dramatically, stay calm for my family. I saw that as my personal challenge to implement all the techniques I've learnt and all the work I've done on my negative mindset to actually now start applying that in practice. It was reminding myself about it every time when I was about to be affected by others' mood.
Thanks for sharing your thoughts, @Mariana . It takes discipline and self-awareness to be able to stay calm amidst the storm. I hope you get to influence more people to choose calmness, too.

rQureshiPS

It was hard at the beginning with trying to get used to everything and not seeing my friends etc. I do think I learned a lot about myself and my passions, and also setting goals for the future. My biggest challenge was trying to adapt to the lack of physical communication with friends - I'm a very social person. I do think it has been a massive learning process in figuring out my priorities too!

Tinbai

It was hard at the beginning with trying to get used to everything and not seeing my friends etc. I do think I learned a lot about myself and my passions, and also setting goals for the future. My biggest challenge was trying to adapt to the lack of physical communication with friends - I'm a very social person. I do think it has been a massive learning process in figuring out my priorities too!
I hear you, @rQureshiPS thanks for sharing. I'm glad to know you got to learn more about yourself and your priorities amidst the challenges you've faced. All the best to you.

stvamarina

What helps me deal with uncertainty is simply expecting that there will be an adversity, struggles and temporary defeats. I set goals for myself and I am in peace that I cannot control the outside worls, so whenever somehting suddenly hapens I try o stay grounded and focus on my life goals. That brings me perspective and I manage to focus my mind on what I can control, i.e. take action.

I see that many people struggle with the current situation in the world but I believe that all happened for a good reason. We had and have the most important thing - TIME and because we have it we can improve our relationships, learn new skills and take a new approach to things. Often what we need is change and knowing that everything happens for a reason helps us move forward more confident and peaceful :)

Tinbai

What helps me deal with uncertainty is simply expecting that there will be an adversity, struggles and temporary defeats. I set goals for myself and I am in peace that I cannot control the outside worls, so whenever somehting suddenly hapens I try o stay grounded and focus on my life goals. That brings me perspective and I manage to focus my mind on what I can control, i.e. take action.

I see that many people struggle with the current situation in the world but I believe that all happened for a good reason. We had and have the most important thing - TIME and because we have it we can improve our relationships, learn new skills and take a new approach to things. Often what we need is change and knowing that everything happens for a reason helps us move forward more confident and peaceful :)
@stvamarina I love the perspective! Totally agree that it's a matter of how we see things, and learning to accept what is. Thank you for sharing your profound insights.