What is the Ideal number of children for a family?

Ideal number of children for a couple

Votes: 1 6.7%

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 8 53.3%

Votes: 4 26.7%
  • 3+

Votes: 2 13.3%

• Total voters

AmazingP

Advisor Member
As to the ideal number, it is actually on a person-to-person basis as it would be hard to fixed a number. Though we are a planet already overpopulated with people who are consuming the limited resources on a rate making it hard for the Mother Earth to recuperate, there are still some places which need more people.

The number one factor to determine the size of a family would be the capacity of that family to support their children in terms of feeding, clothing and educating them. You know how costly it is these days to care for a child so we have to be careful on deciding the number. Well, if you can afford to care for and pay for the cost of 10 children, so be it. On the other hand, if you can only afford 3 or 2, then that would be the ideal size.

clauemi

For me I want to have 4 or 5, I have two right now. I think it's because I only have one younger brother and I am not close to him and I doubt he will ever have children of his own so that means no cousins for my kids. I want my kids to have lots of siblings and family to rely on and make memories with. So maybe someone who has many siblings would want to have just one or a couple of kids.

minigo

I prefer to have two children, as of now. My biggest consideration when it comes to number of children would be our financial state because I do not want to just have kids and that's it. They must go to the best schools, have at least comfort in life, and taste a bit of an average lifestyle so to make them well-rounded persons. And to achieve this, we must have established our finances already. But for the meantime, since my husband and I are just starting, we prefer to have two children because that's what we can "afford".

iebo

I voted for zero, but that's because I can barely take care of myself and my cat. I don't think I could take care of a child. Too much responsibility. I'm also worried about the future of the planet, and I don't know if having kids is really fair to the kids, since their life could be much tougher.

WitchyWoman

The ideal number of children per family for me is three. I have raised three amazing children. I will be the first to admit; sometimes it has been a struggle. But my children know what it means to appreciate what they have been given. They also know what it means to work hard.

susansboneyard

Let me tell you, it's not seven. You can call us crazy, but my husband and I have seven mutual children. If you want to keep your figure, finances and sanity, limit your brood to no more than four. With that said, I would not trade a single one of my kids for a size 5 body or all the money in the world.

vest007

Let me tell you, it's not seven. You can call us crazy, but my husband and I have seven mutual children. If you want to keep your figure, finances and sanity, limit your brood to no more than four. With that said, I would not trade a single one of my kids for a size 5 body or all the money in the world.
Your post is confusing. You are saying that you are having 7 children. And you think that it was a mistake. But at the same time you are saying that you love your kids more than anything in this world. If you love ypur kids so much, then why do you regret your decision?

amy005

For me it is two. A boy and a girl preferably lol that seems to be a common answer! I gave birth to my first son two months ago :). This worked out great because I always thought having a big brother in my life to look out for me was awesome. I am glad my children will have the same! I think one main thing to consider when you think about children is what the couples income is. I may end up wanting three kids some day.. if we both have great jobs. But if not that I may say only one. We will see. Either way I want to make sure that all my kids get everything they need and a little more.