What is the end goal for everyone?

Dan_Bukowski

Advisor Member
The goal is to be able to do great work which I truly can get behind and believe in 100% I know this is loaded but let's talk about money. We all strive to get paid whether we want to admit it openly. For me the ultimate goal is the first sentence and get paid, not to be filthy rich but to be comfortable, have a little left over every month to account for emergencies and have time to enjoy my family.

G.I. Glen

For me the end goal is to spend more time with my family. Specifically, I want to watch my children grow in knowledge and wisdom. I am still a failure if I will be successful in my career yet my daughter will just tell me, "dad, you never had time for me." That is why I'm working on achieving financial independence instead of working till retirement age of 65.

Ivan

So I just thought about this.

There are many people who work for other businesses, and they HATE their jobs.

And on the other hand... There are many people who run their own businesses and they LOVE their jobs.

So what makes these two people different?

I think the difference between them is the goals that they set for themselves.

Person 1 is most likely thinking with an employee mindset and hasn't found out what he wants to do with his life yet and isn't motivated to do so.

Person 2 on the other hand is probably following his passion, knows where he wants to go and is taking the necessary actions to actualize his dream.

In the process of doing that person 2 has created a way to make money from doing what he loves and is happy.

Isn't that the end goal for everyone? To be happy?

I think everyone strives to live like person #2, but they got lost in the dark and can't seem to get out.

What do you think?

Please leave a comment and let me know :D
Hi Dj Barrett , I think that the secret is to find the reason why we were born. It isn't easy, but if you can find it, your life becomes a miracle.

Natalie Disque

Great discussion question, DJ!
I think everyone wants to have the freedom to own their own business and be their own boss, but only those with the determination to do so actually achieve it. It is one thing to say you want to do soemthing. It is another to make a plan and take action. And this doesn't mean one time for a week. This mean hustling every day for years until you have achieved your dream and not giving up on yourself to achieve it.
There are so many people who want the dream but want it to just fall in their lap. I think it is only those of us who "swim out to our boat" instead of "waiting for our boat to come in" that actually achieve what we want in life and work from home 100% of the time on our own terms.

~Natalie
http://www.ManagementTrainingOnline.net

Ivan

I agree with you, Natalie.The first thing to make a plan, the second take action until to achieve your goal.

GJGreyling

Coaching Member
I believe that the end goal for everyone is happiness.

However many people get caught up in the destination myth of when I achieve so and so then I’ll be happy. Happiness has to be internal and not external; when this happens it is very difficult to take happiness from you.

Generally I find that if you aren’t happy now, then you probably won’t be happy even If you did fulfil the ‘external’ factors. Anthony Robbins probably has the best chapter on this (Rules: if you’re not happy, here is why) in his book, “Awaken the Giant”

Here is a video that I found on happiness which I thought was interesting:

http://www.ted.com/talks/dan_gilbert_asks_why_are_we_happy?language=en#t-3468

Last edited:

Javi92

I like this thread!

Even though I am 23 years old I already have very clear that I would never be happy in a regular job where work time becomes most of my life, specially if it's a repetitive work that I have no passion for. The simple though of it just horrifies me...

That is why I have been learning how to invest in the stock market, in Real State, and also I am starting an online business with an email newsletter (which you can find the link for in my signature).

Go entrepreneurs!! :)

Thora

Advisor Member
I believe everyone has a purpose, everyone has a uniqueness. If you are on the right track, you feel passionate, you thrive, you don't need motivation or support groups to do what you must, because you must. If you are on the wrong track or even just on the side track you feel "not-all-there", you procrastinate, things are in your way and you struggle.
Now this is my belief because I've lived it. I was completely lost but I thought I was doing great because I didn't know any better. I have great skills in numerous areas, I'm well educated and I really could have chosen whatever profession I wanted. But I didn't listen to this little voice inside of me that was telling me I wasn't doing the right things for me.
Because of that I was anxious, stressed out, started to have health issues and it wasn't until I almost died that I started to re-evaluate my life and my direction in life.
It's not whether you're an employee, an entrepreneur or a housewife. It's whether you are where you're supposed to be. That is what makes you happy and passionate. Money will flow to you no matter what you do, so long as you're doing the right thing, adding value.

Heart&MindofaLeader

Knowing where you are going and where you what to be is very important part in establishing personal and career goals and creating a roadmap of how you are going to get there. My goal is to continue develop and grow myself as a leader and help others to do the same if their passion is leadership and personal growth.

allanrsm

Coaching Member
So I just thought about this.

There are many people who work for other businesses, and they HATE their jobs.

And on the other hand... There are many people who run their own businesses and they LOVE their jobs.

So what makes these two people different?

I think the difference between them is the goals that they set for themselves.

Person 1 is most likely thinking with an employee mindset and hasn't found out what he wants to do with his life yet and isn't motivated to do so.

Person 2 on the other hand is probably following his passion, knows where he wants to go and is taking the necessary actions to actualize his dream.

In the process of doing that person 2 has created a way to make money from doing what he loves and is happy.

Isn't that the end goal for everyone? To be happy?

I think everyone strives to live like person #2, but they got lost in the dark and can't seem to get out.

What do you think?

Please leave a comment and let me know :D
The experience I have encountered over the years is that society is geared towards making sure people are only equipped to be like person 1 as described. The problem is that each and everyone of us want to be like person 2 but don't know how to get there!

Decision is the barrier which people have as a barrier keeping them where they are instead of progressing. When a decision is made with conviction and certainty we search, ask, study, investigate by way and means we need to get to where we want to be.

Without decision we stay in the realms of the wishers and dreamers because we keep on accepting what we get and don't decide to change our circumstances!

Cynthia

Senior Advisor
For myself, I am healing -- and as I do, I want to find a way to restart my business. I want to help people, learn what challenges I can help more with, and use what I learn to design and then develop an app that'll help even more people. The personal development industry helped me grow when I succeeded in business before, so I know it works when you work on yourself. So right now I am focused on growing and helping people, and trusting to find my path.

Sushanta Kashyap

Advisor Member
The person who carries passion as a profession would definitely be happy at work, its true but for me the end goal has to be to live an abundant life and enjoy every moment of it.

Goforpositive.com

Personally, I've read so much about personal development that I think I read a bit too much. I actually started a blog to log my results. My goal is to reach 1,000,000 by january 1st 2018. I'm doing things EXACTLY as I read them in the books, have a goal, visualize, stay motivated and stay positive, feel good. I'm doing it all and will keep everyone update with how things go.

Hubert Koh

Happy, definitely happy. Everything else is a tool to this goal. Cheers

Al -Brando

It depend what individual person's goal is.Some people want easy life with little risk involved like working class.And some want to go one mile further and put everything on risk for more financial freedom ,more enjoyment and i would call it Entrepreneurl leap.In this way you grow faster and have more connections.
End Goal is same. FINANCIAL FREEDOM some people agree some not but this is the truth.

Seno

Advisor Member
Hello!
Ouu! What a wonderfull discussion has evolved! I like you Guys so much that I have come up with an idea of what the End Game could be (for myself)..

Many of you said that it is HAPPINESS.

And I Agree... Of course... However...

I call that concept of happiness THE ART OF FULFILLMENT :)

And This Concept Is Very Simple... Success is about giving more than you get. I belive in that. So that you will fell Love (when your are giving). This Love fulfills You to that extend that you ...

The person who carries passion as a profession would definitely be happy at work, its true but for me the end goal has to be to live an abundant life and enjoy every moment of it.

... ENJOY EVERY MOMENT OF YOUR LIFE.

The trick is: Along this Giving MUST BE PASSION and ENERGY!!!

With passion and energy You could GIVE with joy, so the life is about WE, not ME.

In this concept LOVE, CONNECTION and CONTRIBUTION are the priorities.

What do you think about that ? :)
PEACE...