What is the end goal for everyone?

DJ Barrett

So I just thought about this.

There are many people who work for other businesses, and they HATE their jobs.

And on the other hand... There are many people who run their own businesses and they LOVE their jobs.

So what makes these two people different?

I think the difference between them is the goals that they set for themselves.

Person 1 is most likely thinking with an employee mindset and hasn't found out what he wants to do with his life yet and isn't motivated to do so.

Person 2 on the other hand is probably following his passion, knows where he wants to go and is taking the necessary actions to actualize his dream.

In the process of doing that person 2 has created a way to make money from doing what he loves and is happy.

Isn't that the end goal for everyone? To be happy?

I think everyone strives to live like person #2, but they got lost in the dark and can't seem to get out.

What do you think?

Please leave a comment and let me know :D

Aree Wongwanlee

Advisor Member
On the contrary, there are more people who live live person #1 than people who live like person#2. That is why we have managers and we pay managers a lot more than the people they manage. People, generally speaking, do not know who they are and where they are going in their lives. It is good to help them but, from my personal experience, many people are happy to let other people manage their lives for them.

DJ Barrett

On the contrary, there are more people who live live person #1 than people who live like person#2. That is why we have managers and we pay managers a lot more than the people they manage. People, generally speaking, do not know who they are and where they are going in their lives. It is good to help them but, from my personal experience, many people are happy to let other people manage their lives for them.
True, thank you for that insight & I like your program!

PennySafe

I think the end goal for everyone is to be happy doing something they love doing. I would also add that it's also desirable to have freedom and financial security. If you love what you do it shouldn't feel like something you hate to get up in the morning for, but most people don't do what they love for whatever reason. I think most of us grew up being taught that you have to go to school to work for someone else and when we get tired of it, so much time has passed.

Aree Wongwanlee

Advisor Member
Myself, I have only one simple goal in life - to leave this world a better place than I found it. Now I have made my bucket list. There is one and only one item on my bucket list. Before I go for good, I want to establish an English School for Orphans in Thailand. At the moment, orphans are given basic food, lodging and education. I want to empower them with English, Mathematics and Science so that the orphans will have the same opportunities in life that other children have.

DJ Barrett

I think the end goal for everyone is to be happy doing something they love doing. I would also add that it's also desirable to have freedom and financial security. If you love what you do it shouldn't feel like something you hate to get up in the morning for, but most people don't do what they love for whatever reason. I think most of us grew up being taught that you have to go to school to work for someone else and when we get tired of it, so much time has passed.
Exactly, you are so right. That is how we've been conditioned and that's how life is for us. That's why I say do what you feel passionate about because only then could you feel truly fulfilled and make a lot of money also.

DJ Barrett

Myself, I have only one simple goal in life - to leave this world a better place than I found it. Now I have made my bucket list. There is one and only one item on my bucket list. Before I go for good, I want to establish an English School for Orphans in Thailand. At the moment, orphans are given basic food, lodging and education. I want to empower them with English, Mathematics and Science so that the orphans will have the same opportunities in life that other children have.
That is a great goal and I know that one day you will accomplish it!

Aree Wongwanlee

Advisor Member
That is a great goal and I know that one day you will accomplish it!
I do not know whether I will accomplish that or not. What I do know is that if I do not get started on it, it is never going to happen. How much can I accomplish before I go for good is anybody's guess. For myself, I just want to know that, when it's time for me to go, I have left the world a better place than I found it.

DJ Barrett

I think living best life is the end goal of everyone. It will automatically add value in life and that in turn make the person happy.
True, but what is "the best life?" The best life is only a perception of what that person thinks would be best

Aree Wongwanlee

Advisor Member
And the idea of 'best life' can change even for the same person. When he is a child, 'best life' may mean going to the toy shop and getting everything that he fancies. As a teenager, 'best life' can be going to parties 24/7. Our goals in life change as we grow older. The things which seemed like utopia ten years ago may not have the same sheen now.

Dileep Tiwari

True, but what is "the best life?" The best life is only a perception of what that person thinks would be best
Definitely, as no two person has exactly the same background, expertise and conditions so it is very natural for anyone to have the different definitions of their best life. There is no such a abstract end goal of life.

J E Roberson

Senior Advisor
I never want this journey to end, I've set a few pitstops like travel ability and income goals to have fun on the way.

I spent time with a few hatful internet marketers that focused on everyone is a corporate slave, everyone needs to do this, your less intelligent if you do that, type of stuff that it was really old school terrible marketing. In my opinion and after learning from average to bad internet marketers I realized some people want to and need to be told what to do no matter how opposite it is to our innate longing.

There is an old story about a dog sitting on the nail, I won't repeat it but the punch line is the owner saying "I won't do anything for him, when it hurts well enough he will get up."

Mrnace

I think the end goal is doing something you are so happy doing that it doesn't feel like "work".

If you look most successful people. They have loved what they did so much that they still do it well past retirement age. Look at Warren Buffett, he is in his 80s and still runs one of the most successful stock portfolios every.

Richard Branson is in his late 60's, Bill Gates isn't far behind and there are plenty of others that can picked up on that are in a similar age group and that love what they do.

Not only I am looking to earn a living from my own business to be able to make a difference to my own a family and friends life, but to create lasting change to people that need it most, who these people are, I haven't decided yet, but charity does start at home, and when i am in a position to help others effectively, I will help.

Erica Faith

Coaching Member
Hello!

Currently, I'm still holding my PR job, which I enjoy doing. A few years back, my husband and I started a small business that I co-manage with my spare time.

My job so far (in Public Relations) has been rewarding for me. It has been beneficial to others as well. It's not the most highest paying job in the world, but I love what I do. I guess that's why I don't mind getting lost in it.

I think that is where true happiness comes from; the measure of your self through the extension of your work and deeds that culminates to a reward for the services and benefits that you provide to others.

Todd Hicks

Senior Advisor
Hello!

Currently, I'm still holding my PR job, which I enjoy doing. A few years back, my husband and I started a small business that I co-manage with my spare time.

My job so far (in Public Relations) has been rewarding for me. It has been beneficial to others as well. It's not the most highest paying job in the world, but I love what I do. I guess that's why I don't mind getting lost in it.

I think that is where true happiness comes from; the measure of your self through the extension of your work and deeds that culminates to a reward for the services and benefits that you provide to others.
I'm glad you enjoy your work. By the way, I have wanted to work in a field related to PR, marketing etc. ever since I got my communications degree in 2000.

Erica Faith

Coaching Member
I'm glad you enjoy your work. By the way, I have wanted to work in a field related to PR, marketing etc. ever since I got my communications degree in 2000.
Hi, Todd!

An entrepreneur such as yourself would greatly benefit from the connections you will make while on the job. It will give you almost limitless access to a variety of businesses, professionals and opportunities that would benefit you and your chosen profession.

Last edited: