What Is Spirituality?

J

James Brown

There is a fine line between spirituality and religion. Hence, there is no point in mixing the two up. It will only result in a lot of confusion and chaos. Spirituality can defined in different methods by different people. Commonly, individuals think of spirituality as a process of singing songs and praising a particular person or god or a religion. But they forget that beyond all those, there lies the truth that is finding inner peace. Spiritual enlightenment does not mean that all of us have to become Yogis and take to the hills in search of God. Following the path of spirituality means to go in search of peace in the form of God.

[links removed by mod]

Last edited by a moderator:
Love your post. Growing up, I believed in order to go to Paradise when I die, I would have to go to church and pray every day. And I was afraid of God because I didn't go to church unless it's Christmas time or easter or holidays. I guess there are many people like me.
Your post remind me of a line from the TV Show, Alcatraz, where the warden asked one of the inmates if he was religious, the inmate said that he thinks of himself as spiritual rather than religious. The warden asked him what the difference was, he replied: "Spirituality is for those seeking understanding. Religion is for those seeking reward."

J

James Brown

Hey pal thanks to read it, If you still need to know more about it you check it out here [link removed by mod, visit his link below if interested]

Last edited by a moderator:

thedigger0

There is a fine line between spirituality and religion. Hence, there is no point in mixing the two up. It will only result in a lot of confusion and chaos. Spirituality can defined in different methods by different people. Commonly, individuals think of spirituality as a process of singing songs and praising a particular person or god or a religion. But they forget that beyond all those, there lies the truth that is finding inner peace. Spiritual enlightenment does not mean that all of us have to become Yogis and take to the hills in search of God. Following the path of spirituality means to go in search of peace in the form of God.

[links removed by mod]
I find spirituality does not come with condemnation. It still comes with rules about being a good person. I was bought up Catholic but have always found it unhealthy to think we are constant sinners. I think the path is best for me because it allows me to be a flawed human and forgive myself without having to confess to anyone. Its not an easier path, it just has far my acceptance of the self than religion does.

Connor

Coaching Member
Spirituality has nothing to do with any religion or gods. To say that person lives a spiritual life means that he is mindful of his actions and emotions, he is living in the present moment and is pursuing spiritual enlightenment - insight into the truth of existence and direct contact with reality without any perspective or thought.

thedigger0

Spirituality has nothing to do with any religion or gods. To say that person lives a spiritual life means that he is mindful of his actions and emotions, he is living in the present moment and is pursuing spiritual enlightenment - insight into the truth of existence and direct contact with reality without any perspective or thought.
Great way of putting it Connor.