What is Personal Development?

ChangSok

Современный интернет-магазин Леруа Мерлен включает огромное количество групп товаров в официальном каталоге Леруа Мерлен, которые предназначены для проведения ремонтных, строительных и отделочных работ, а также широкий выбор всего необходимого для сада.

Для покупателей предлагаются не только выгодные цены, но и все необходимое из инструмента, сантехники, напольных покрытий, осветительных приборов и многого другого.

coachjohncey

"personal growth" and "self-improvement" is an endless journey. Personal development starts with self-awareness. The more we accept ourselves, the more we grow. Once you have figured out your true self, goals, you will able to overcome your weaknesses.

stefanbeier

I have seen a lot of forum and blogs about personality development. But this is a great source for the proper guidance because personality perfection, self improvement isn't a task of one day or one night but a time taking process. For personality development, you can visit this link too, I found it quite helpful.

http://back.ly/PmFPR

Evgenii

Self-development is not a task of one day or night, but a process that requires time. Hello everyone! After reading and browsing many forums and blogs about personal development and starting to work on myself, I came across this book. The book turned my world and perception upside down; it helped me a lot. For personal development, you can also visit this link, I found it very useful.
Try it and you won’t regret it.

Mariana

For me, personal development is mostly about overcoming my fears, because I think all things in life stem from our fears (and the fearful mindset). I'm talking about minor annoying fears like speaking in public, for example. In my experience though, whenever I start working on a minor fear, I discover that it leads to a bigger fear that, in turn, leads to an even bigger fear, which I probably wasn't aware of in the first instance. It's an interesting process, and I think it's a continuous process, because once we start on this journey we just keep finding 'interesting stuff' about ourselves.

rQureshiPS

Some of you may wonder what is meant by "personal development". Personal development is also referred to as "self improvement", "personal growth", or "self help" however I like this term the best. Personal Development is simply about improving yourself in whatever areas you'd like, which typically means improving or changing skills, attitudes, or beliefs that will help lead to the desired effect. That desired effect could vary, maybe it's just to be more happy, or maybe to make more money, to save or create a relationship, or even get over a fear such as public speaking. If you're one to feel you are already perfect in all ways then this is not for you, however most of us will admit we have room to better ourselves. Some arrive at an interest in personal development only after they get so frustrated with their current situation that they truly open their mind to change.

So why would we listen to someone else for advice? A favorite author/speaker of mine named Brian Tracy said it well: "No one lives long enough to learn everything they need to learn starting from scratch. To be successful, we absolutely, positively have to find people who have already paid the price to learn the things that we need to learn to achieve our goals".

The last thing I'll say about personal development is that it crosses the entire world, all cultures and all religions. We all have the ability and the desire (most of us) to improve, and that can be as simple as learning to communicate more effectively, or more complicated such as learning the techniques of writing well or speaking effectively in front of others.

I welcome your thoughts on this subject, do you strive to better yourself? Have you always been that way or did something trigger it during the course of your life?
Interestingly, I was very turned off by the idea of personal growth. I especially hated the term "self-help". It made me feel like I was being told what to do and I didn't like that. What I quickly came to realise is that it was my ego talking. I was so entitled that the idea of being better offended me, as it messed with my self-perception. Now, I always say "leave your ego at the door". This is because leaving my ego behind allowed me to learn and evolve as a person. It's something that I now savour and I genuinely believe that the key to success is to be open to learning new things and improving your mindset - there is always room for improvement!

Kiran Kandel

Personal development is the continuous process of self-development, self-improvement, and whatever you name it that radiates your growth. It links you with the number of possible ways to live a defined life that reshapes you in a bold way.
You might fear changes, so, personal development synchronizes you with the much-needed motivation. The more you find the deeper purpose of your life, the more systematic your life will become. Finding that purpose requires perseverance, failure, rejection, acceptance, criticism, suffering, and lots more. Personal development opens the gateway to accept these challenges and play with them. Today, a person like ElonMusk could not have been this successful without his personal skills to deal with lots of devastation in his life. People like Musk are strong believers in personal development.
Personal development is not a selfish purpose, rather it is the freedom to rediscover yourself. It is the rhythm of life that adds value to your living. It is the music of your life that doesn’t wait for the changes to happen. It should be in every granule of your blood so that it pumps you with motivation, pain, and perseverance.

ReaganS

I have always been greatly interested in Personal Development. Mindfulness is an area in life of PD that I've grown to adopt. I've come across a type of mindfulness meditation by a guy named Wesley Virgin that really helped a lot of people succeed. If your interested in that part of Self Development you can visit this link https://bit.ly/2E4bsbT

AndrewWillie

Hello. Today i read interest post. There is
Personal development is a lifelong process. It is a way for people to assess their skills and qualities, consider their aims in life and set goals in order to realise and maximise their potential.
This page helps you to identify the skills you need to set life goals which can enhance your employability prospects, raise your confidence, and lead to a more fulfilling, higher quality life. Plan to make relevant, positive and effective life choices and decisions for your future to enable personal empowerment.
Although early life development and early formative experiences within the family, at school, etc. can help to shape us as adults, personal development should not stop later in life.
This page contains information and advice that is designed to help you to think about your personal development and ways in which you can work towards goals and your full potential.

krthls32

Hi All, Fascinating read and this is very much in line with my own sentiment. But more importantly, it is about recognizing your true purpose and passions in life - as in order to fully grow and develop you should be in tune with your inner self.

I have a website dedicated to pursuing your dreams and living a life of meaning and purpose. I welcome all people to this site as I think it could add value to people who value personal development and growth:

www.thedream-pursuit.com

I wish everyone safety, happiness, and progress!

Ash

x

knoansw

Some of you may wonder what is meant by "personal development". Personal development is also referred to as "self improvement", "personal growth", or "self help" however I like this term the best. Personal Development is simply about improving yourself in whatever areas you'd like, which typically means improving or changing skills, attitudes, or beliefs that will help lead to the desired effect. That desired effect could vary, maybe it's just to be more happy, or maybe to make more money, to save or create a relationship, or even get over a fear such as public speaking. If you're one to feel you are already perfect in all ways then this is not for you, however most of us will admit we have room to better ourselves. Some arrive at an interest in personal development only after they get so frustrated with their current situation that they truly open their mind to change.

So why would we listen to someone else for advice? A favorite author/speaker of mine named Brian Tracy said it well: "No one lives long enough to learn everything they need to learn starting from scratch. To be successful, we absolutely, positively have to find people who have already paid the price to learn the things that we need to learn to achieve our goals".

The last thing I'll say about personal development is that it crosses the entire world, all cultures and all religions. We all have the ability and the desire (most of us) to improve, and that can be as simple as learning to communicate more effectively, or more complicated such as learning the techniques of writing well or speaking effectively in front of others.

I welcome your thoughts on this subject, do you strive to better yourself? Have you always been that way or did something trigger it during the course of your life?

We all always faces small and big problems in our lifetime. All people face the problem and also solve it. Sometimes someone encounters a small problem, someone gets caught in a big problem. But the problem is a problem. And it should be resolved. Whenever someone encounters a problem, he either solves it himself or takes help from someone else. No matter how big a problem it is, it has a solution. There is no such problem in the world, which cannot be solved. We just have to calm our minds, control ourselves, and find solutions to it.

We all always faces small and big problems in our lifetime. All people face the problem and also solve it. Sometimes someone encounters a small problem, someone gets caught in a big problem. But the problem is a problem. And it should be resolved. Whenever someone encounters a problem, he either solves it himself or takes help from someone else. No matter how big a problem it is, it has a solution. There is no such problem in the world, which cannot be solved. We just have to calm our minds, control ourselves, and find solutions to it. Read here problem-solving quotes