What is Personal Development?

PERSONAL DEV- sadly... many like myself were brainwashed by parents, family and friends and teachers to believe thatGetting an educationVia diplomaAnd certificate would guaranteeOur future successBut we didn't realize that our teachers themselves were unsuccessfulI in the entrepreneurial sense And just used teaching As a way of supporting themselves But still We believeThat getting diplomas And graduate diplomas And then landing that coveted job in a big firm Would guarantee our future wealth And security And success. Unfortunately The only ones who are really successful Are the ones who were thinking out of this box But instead made their own way And did not follow the traditional way.You only need to look at such individuals asSteve jobs And Other innovators Who instead Trusted their own instincts And did not rely on conventional Educational thinking. They Had to be very innovative In their own education And develop their own unique systems Of being truly successful.The ones who got the hired with diplomas From Ivy League schools for example's Are merely employees Of the ones who are truly innovative And thus are financially independent. The ones who just got their diplomas And expensive university education Are just simply working for the successful ones.I found this out the hard way And after earning my bachelors of science diploma and my medical diploma And working as a doctor. I soon realizedThat I was just a nicely trained slave Working for others and making others more rich. Now I am disillusioned about our educational system And I'm trying to make my own way To my financial freedom And trying to stop being a slave To the 9 to 5 and Monday through Friday routine and Now I am planningTo make my future On my terms and not on my bosses terms.
Sadly further ive come to realize that a JOB is short for' JUST OVER BROKE' and the word BOSS is short for 'BIG EGOED OFTEN CONFUSED s**t FOR BRAINS SHOE LICKER'. Its sad to realize that its hard finding a great boss and great job , never mind about job security!! RIC KEALOHA aka HIPPOQAK

FURTHER . PERSONAL DEV is the ability to be truly honest with yourself and no bullshit, to see what you dont like and take major steps to change them via step by step , daily goals a, monthly goals in creating the best version of yourself- mentally and physically.
i.e:
yoga, meditation, running, fasting, whole foods and no junk food, no gmo food, no pharma drugs but only natural meds, Tony Robbins, Tai Lopez 57 steps program, Napoleon Hill, Warren Buffet, Tom Bilyeu's Impact theory on youtube, Gary Veynarchuk's Crushing It, Dr Gabriel Cousens, Rich Roll and Casey Neistat
These ppl have reprogrammed my mindset and removed mostly now my middle class slave mentality

One thing you need to remember is that personal development is a lifelong endeavor. Not something simply gained overnight. It is about evaluating yourself and re-evaluating yourself on the improvements you have made. There is a great article about Maslows theory on Self Actualisation. It basically goes through a chain of who we are and what we need in life to truly be happy and content. Every person has limitless room for personal growth and we will or should be continuing to improve ourselves all of our lives.

Last edited by a moderator:
"No one lives long enough to learn everything they need to learn starting from scratch. To be successful, we absolutely, positively have to find people who have already paid the price to learn the things that we need to learn to achieve our goals".
I love Brain Tracy, and this quote is amazing! Thanks for sharing this!

Some of you may wonder what is meant by "personal development". Personal development is also referred to as "self improvement", "personal growth", or "self help" however I like this term the best. Personal Development is simply about improving yourself in whatever areas you'd like, which typically means improving or changing skills, attitudes, or beliefs that will help lead to the desired effect. That desired effect could vary, maybe it's just to be more happy, or maybe to make more money, to save or create a relationship, or even get over a fear such as public speaking. If you're one to feel you are already perfect in all ways then this is not for you, however most of us will admit we have room to better ourselves. Some arrive at an interest in personal development only after they get so frustrated with their current situation that they truly open their mind to change.

So why would we listen to someone else for advice? A favorite author/speaker of mine named Brian Tracy said it well: "No one lives long enough to learn everything they need to learn starting from scratch. To be successful, we absolutely, positively have to find people who have already paid the price to learn the things that we need to learn to achieve our goals".

The last thing I'll say about personal development is that it crosses the entire world, all cultures and all religions. We all have the ability and the desire (most of us) to improve, and that can be as simple as learning to communicate more effectively, or more complicated such as learning the techniques of writing well or speaking effectively in front of others.

I welcome your thoughts on this subject, do you strive to better yourself? Have you always been that way or did something trigger it during the course of your life?
Self development is so crucial to really just living a better life. I know for me it took awhile to be self aware that personal growth is essential. From starting a career as a football player to now running several businesses . From my experience i have learned that in order to be successful or get to that change or paradigm shift your looking for , you have to start building your mindset. One thing that triggered me was listening to other athletes and entrepreneurs and constantly hearing how they made a change in their life because of their mindset. I've always been a book person so I looked into the self improvement books, hands down i have to say Relentless is a great book that talks about resilience. You can,t accomplish anything without being relentless with your promises to you. The next was the manifestation millionaire which was a good read explaining how just by flipping your perspective and attitude towards things you can change the overall scope of "luck" that comes your way.

Self development is so crucial to really just living a better life. I know for me it took awhile to be self aware that personal growth is essential. From starting a career as a football player to now running several businesses . From my experience i have learned that in order to be successful or get to that change or paradigm shift your looking for , you have to start building your mindset. One thing that triggered me was listening to other athletes and entrepreneurs and constantly hearing how they made a change in their life because of their mindset. I've always been a book person so I looked into the self improvement books, hands down i have to say Relentless is a great book that talks about resilience. You can,t accomplish anything without being relentless with your promises to you. The next was the manifestation millionaire which was a good read explaining how just by flipping your perspective and attitude towards things you can change the overall scope of "luck" that comes your way.
Great stuff!

Personal development isn't just one thing. When you develop yourself as a person, whether you're trying to get over a nasty breakup or trying to be a better person, those changes echo into your career, your friendships, family relationships, everything. I would call personal development a positive transformation into the you that you are now into the person you maybe didn't even know you could be.

A big part of starting is realizing and accepting that you're not good at everything, and that no one is great at anything when they first start.

nick.90

Some of you may wonder what is meant by "personal development". Personal development is also referred to as "self improvement", "personal growth", or "self help" however I like this term the best. Personal Development is simply about improving yourself in whatever areas you'd like, which typically means improving or changing skills, attitudes, or beliefs that will help lead to the desired effect. That desired effect could vary, maybe it's just to be more happy, or maybe to make more money, to save or create a relationship, or even get over a fear such as public speaking. If you're one to feel you are already perfect in all ways then this is not for you, however most of us will admit we have room to better ourselves. Some arrive at an interest in personal development only after they get so frustrated with their current situation that they truly open their mind to change.

So why would we listen to someone else for advice? A favorite author/speaker of mine named Brian Tracy said it well: "No one lives long enough to learn everything they need to learn starting from scratch. To be successful, we absolutely, positively have to find people who have already paid the price to learn the things that we need to learn to achieve our goals".

The last thing I'll say about personal development is that it crosses the entire world, all cultures and all religions. We all have the ability and the desire (most of us) to improve, and that can be as simple as learning to communicate more effectively, or more complicated such as learning the techniques of writing well or speaking effectively in front of others.

I welcome your thoughts on this subject, do you strive to better yourself? Have you always been that way or did something trigger it during the course of your life?
I started improving my body first, as it is pretty straight forward. You workout, watch what you eat and get results. I then moved to find more hobbies that get me out of the house like BJJ, camping, and hiking. Then I moved to reading books to deepen my mind. Working on yourself is great!

My advice to all of you is to start improving your life where you think it lacks the most. Everything else will follow. TRy to become a well-rounded person and try to have many interests.

Nick

I started improving my body first, as it is pretty straight forward. You workout, watch what you eat and get results. I then moved to find more hobbies that get me out of the house like BJJ, camping, and hiking. Then I moved to reading books to deepen my mind. Working on yourself is great!

My advice to all of you is to start improving your life where you think it lacks the most. Everything else will follow. TRy to become a well-rounded person and try to have many interests.

Nick
That's awesome man! You are doing it the right way which is you are going for fun and enjoyment this is the way to inner happiness because you will have the motivation to keep going if you are enjoying yourself.