What is Personal Development?

I Gerit

We are a new self help site that is absolutely free and posts genuine, helpful self improvement tips & videos. We really want to change the world, and because we are funded we have no intention other than to help people better themselves and achieve their goals.

Our site is iGerit.com. We also have a great youtube page (same name), a facebook, twitter & instagram account that we feel can really help.

We are not robots nor will we ever spam - just want to get the message out there.

God bless everyone!

P

Percyval

Personal Development is such a huge and beautiful topic! I do agree with the admin. Many interchangeable terms, but they all refer to the same thing. Now, It is true that every human being wants to improve their lives, however, not all al them have the motivation and courage to start in this journey that will never end. I say that because I, myself, have been in situation where I all I wanted was to change my life improve every area of my life, but the people I was surrounding myself including family members where keeping me down. I am not saying that it's their fault, but as a matter of fact it was my responsibility to say no to whatever was coming at me and keep minding my business (Developing myself).

Anyhow, the bottom line and the biggest tip I could give is to know yourself. You have to know yourself. Get a sheet of paper and write the things that you know that will interrupt you in your journey, things that will stop making you feel productive, motivated, energized. It is easy to be optimistic and ready to change your life and do whatever it takes to do it on the first day, but it is a whole different story when we are talking about months. Consistence! So, you have to know yourself, so you can then be ready and ignore those things that will come at you such as laziness, lower energy from friends, hunger, lack of sleep, social media, video games. Be advised and take whatever it is thats stopping you, and hide it, throw it away, destroy it so you can be focus on your goals and dreams and live a life of Personal Development!

Elhama

Coaching Member
If you're one to feel you are already perfect in all ways then this is not for you, however most of us will admit we have room to better ourselves.
I agree with you that many people admit they have room to better themselves. However, I think if anyone feels already perfect in all ways, then personal development should be what he/she really needs more than anyone else. Once, I read a very beautiful saying; " Not to advance is to go back.". If a person believes that he/she is perfect in all ways, he/she will for sure go steps back as he will stop to grow. Such person needs to learn that no body is perfect in all ways and that as we go on in life, we need to grow continuously in all aspects, otherwise we will be left behind.

Marti Cross

Change is such a natural part of life. It happens all around us every day, all day long. Life is not intended to stand still it is constantly evolving. What I have found in my pursuit of self-improvement is that when I focus on one aspect of my life, the ripple effects can be seen in every other aspect. In the beginning, it seemed like the more I tried to become a better version of me, the deeper my crisis became.
It took time and soul searching to realize that my failure was not in trying to better myself, but was, in fact, my inability to acknowledge and respect all aspects of my life during my transformation. Our bodies, minds, and souls are so completely interconnected that when one aspect is altered, it transfers that motion to everything; much like the inner clock mechanisms.
I am a lifelong learner and try each day to learn something new so that I can become the best version of me. I am a work in progress. I am nowhere close to a final draft. But that, to me, is the most beautiful part of life, the ability to create and become the person I want to be. I'm not even close to being the same person that I was 20 or 30 years ago. I'm not the same person I will be in 20 or 30 years from now.
My hope is that I can help others by sharing my life stories and building relationships with others who are on the same path.

Ron

Brian Tracy is one of my favorite personal development gurus ever. I have read so many of his books in the past, especially when I was pregnant with my daughter. I was trying to find ways to stabilize my emotional life and bring myself to a happy place where I could finally like myself for who I was and not what others thought I should be. Around the same time, I started listening to Tony Robins on tape and that really changed my life. I'm always reading and studying and trying to improve my emotional, physical and spiritual state so that I can enjoy the perfect union of mind, body and spirit.

Thanks for this wonderful site.

I hope that I can read more of the wonderful personal development articles and advice on this site and find ways to improve myself even more.
I agree, I am currently taking Brian Tracey course on Public Speaking and I find it is helpful in many areas of my life.

Kahlil Worth

“If we look more deeply at our freedom and our choices, we will see that the changes we want in our life require us to make different choices.” I feel this is a beautiful and on-target quote from a terrific quick-read book titled “Freedom. Choice. Power. - A guide to living free.” I propose that personal development is woven into our life journey. We grow with every choice we make. In my experience the secret lies in the attention we give to our choices. Another observation made in this book is, “With the power of choice we also get the gift of eternal forgiveness. Eternal forgiveness is the ability to change our mind and make different choices anytime. What a divine design this is.”

Samuel Rosario

Coaching Member
Personal development is the growth of yourself as a human being, you are developing the being. In life first of all we have to be and it leads you to do and it leads you have. Many people go in life doing the opposite, they want to have in order to do in order to be

We have to develop The Being and the main thing!

J-Gib

personal growth/success/prosperity/spirituality
I love personal development! In life we are either creating or dissentegrating. We are either getting better or getting worse. There is no such thing as inertia. The study of personal development has been a journey for me! Ive always been into sports, have even fought professionally, but after i read think and grow rich about 2 years ago, i have studied quantum physics, universal laws, spirituality, paradigms as well as a host of other interesting subjects. I never want to stop growing. I want to have the knowledge and wisdom to get other people as excited as i am about this subject and just be the catalyst to get people on their own journey of self discovery

Kezzielee

I always had a hunger to get more out of life but it was only till much later that i actually starting looking for ways to improve myself. I grew up in a house hold where we never spoke about personal development or bettering ourselves. I guess the spark was always there but it took a certain event to bring it out of me.

I have loved personal development for about 5 years now. I agree with what a lot of others have said regarding if you are not growing you are dying etc.

The biggest problem that I had when I fist got into personal development was actually trying to define a direction. I was trying to learn all this new stuff (skills, mindsets, attitudes etc), but I wasn't really sure how to channel what I was learning.

As a result I've learned about wealth, finance, serving others, paradigm shifts, law of attraction, sales, public speaking, management, leadership etc. All very useful things to learn but often without a channel to direct the learning in. I also suffered from trying to learn a bit of everything, rather than mastering one topic...sound familiar???

As I get older and further into personal development I'm starting to understand where I want to channel the things I've learned. How to utilise the skills and attitudes I've developed. From my point of view, being into personal development sets you up almost automatically to teach what you have learned to others - which I guess is the ultimate goal.

Learn - Do - Teach

That's my take on it anyway :)

Kezzielee

sounds waaaay too familiar :D

Best_Catcher2016

If you want to achieve more on a day to day basis or if you just feel as though you are in a bad place mentally at the moment then we are here to help.

The main thing you need to know about our site is that we aren’t experts and that we aren’t trained in psychological techniques. Instead, we are just a team of people who care more than anyone about your good being and your overall level of happiness. We know that sometimes, life can get you down and as a result, you may experience negative thoughts. These thoughts can lead to anger, frustration, upset and even depression but there is a way for you to take control of your own destiny as well as making sure that you are always making the right decisions in your life.

We can help you with that, by providing you with support on anger management as well as helping you with the healing process. We can also help you to maintain a high standard of positive thinking while teaching you about the laws of attraction as well. These are just a couple of things that we can help you with and we are always more than happy to just sit and chat with you if you have any questions or if you are just looking for a little bit of support about something.

If you would like to get in touch with us or if you would like to find out more then all you need to do is contact us today. We are here to support and help you, and we are entirely confident that sometimes all you need is a push in the right direction before you can start to get your life back on track and on the road to positivity.

Last edited by a moderator:

Marcus Louison

This is such a wonderful topic.. Amazing to see it has been running for the past 5 years!

There is nothing that excites me more than learning and growing each and every day! It's a true blessing to have learned the true essence of life comes in the form of lifelong learning! Strangely, I'm not sure when the shift took place for me, but, all of a sudden, I became really tired of the status quo.. I suddenly began yearning and longing for more.. For more juice, more meaning, more fulfillment, more money, better relationships - Pretty much everything! I became totally enamored with learning more and more about life's key areas, and became truly amazed at just how much wonderful information is out there for all of us.. Information from amazing people that so few people talk about - I found that to be sad.. Speaking of which, I watched what I consider an EPIC set of audio recordings delivered by Andrew Carnegie ( Maybe not his real voice), and while I was so inspired by almost everything I heard, I was also a little saddened by the fact that wonderful people like him are oft not celebrated - A part of my mission is to share his story, his teachings, along with the teachings of others and my personal story and journey!

Brian Tracy is one of my favorite personal development gurus ever. I have read so many of his books in the past, especially when I was pregnant with my daughter. I was trying to find ways to stabilize my emotional life and bring myself to a happy place where I could finally like myself for who I was and not what others thought I should be. Around the same time, I started listening to Tony Robins on tape and that really changed my life. I'm always reading and studying and trying to improve my emotional, physical and spiritual state so that I can enjoy the perfect union of mind, body and spirit.

Thanks for this wonderful site.

I hope that I can read more of the wonderful personal development articles and advice on this site and find ways to improve myself even more.
Hi! I love how you are named "MoneymakingMom"... that is awesome! and CONGRATULATIONS for always wanting to learn more on how to find a state of peace in every aspect of your life!

Some of you may wonder what is meant by "personal development". Personal development is also referred to as "self improvement", "personal growth", or "self help" however I like this term the best. Personal Development is simply about improving yourself in whatever areas you'd like, which typically means improving or changing skills, attitudes, or beliefs that will help lead to the desired effect. That desired effect could vary, maybe it's just to be more happy, or maybe to make more money, to save or create a relationship, or even get over a fear such as public speaking. If you're one to feel you are already perfect in all ways then this is not for you, however most of us will admit we have room to better ourselves. Some arrive at an interest in personal development only after they get so frustrated with their current situation that they truly open their mind to change.

So why would we listen to someone else for advice? A favorite author/speaker of mine named Brian Tracy said it well: "No one lives long enough to learn everything they need to learn starting from scratch. To be successful, we absolutely, positively have to find people who have already paid the price to learn the things that we need to learn to achieve our goals".

The last thing I'll say about personal development is that it crosses the entire world, all cultures and all religions. We all have the ability and the desire (most of us) to improve, and that can be as simple as learning to communicate more effectively, or more complicated such as learning the techniques of writing well or speaking effectively in front of others.

I welcome your thoughts on this subject, do you strive to better yourself? Have you always been that way or did something trigger it during the course of your life?
Hi MSuccess!

I share your thoughts. Personal Growth, Self Development, etc crosses the entire world such as the feeling being stuck in a pessimistic loop, unable to move forward toward greater happiness, joy and fulfillment, as if your past is holding you back from creating a life you truly love living. I'd like to suggest to always remember that we are all far more powerful than anything we may have faced or are currently facing.

Here's to your dreams!

AnthonyXP

SO TRUE.
The Personal development mindset helped pull me from depression, and I never looked back. Every day for the past two or three years I've been striving to rise above my current station in life,
and it's the best way of life I've experienced. I pray for a habit of self development to overtake each of my loved ones,
because you can be what you want to be if your desire to overcome is strong enough!

Ally Mckean

Coaching Member
I think Personal Development when committed to can transform lives from A to Unlimited.

No matter where your A is; Personal Development is a lifestyle.

Timothy Likes

The biggest thing I saw in your post that I can really get behind is the notion of finding someone who's already walked the path. When I first started out after college I found a mentor who was in the industry I wanted to go into. Furthermore, he was completely crushing it. I offered to work for free. In exchange he showed me everything. Best decision of my life.

Mike Kaya

I have always been about figuring out things so ever since the internet grew and the years went by, it has been fascinating.

I'm 20 years old now and have found this lifestyle of "personal development."

It is absolutely the best discovery anyone could make because I believe it means to improve always. ALWAYS GROWING!

That is what it means to me and most likely means to everyone else. Improving each part of your life is important so long as we are always improving in what we want.

I am constantly striving to be better and it is easy to tell you and everyone else here is too.

For any new comers, who are curious... It is an exciting journey. Everyday you wake up, you feel exhilarated. You want to do more, learn more, and live more.

Sometimes you could get in a rut, but that is what life is. Without the bad, how can the good feel good?

To end this off, I highly suggest that you take a day to write or rewrite your goals.

Writing your goals for the first time or again.. can really help you work harder towards accomplishing your dreams. This is when great things come to fruition.

Thank you so much for reading this post.

Kind Regards,

Mike Kaya from lifetherightway.com