What inspires you?

Walter27

I've been doing a lot thinking about the topic of inspiration. How it plays role in our lives/careers/success.

I've recently understood about myself that music has the strongest grasp on me when it comes to inspiration. A good song can cause emotional response in me that gets me so excited about my goals/job/experiences.

So my question is, what type of things inspire you ?

Stories. From the people who succeed, from the people who fail, from a community who strives and push each other.

It lits the hot-burning-desire inside of me, to stand beside them and achieve success with them.
I just love people, I guess.

My family is biggest source of inspiration for me. :) Whenever i see them, i want to work more, achieve more for them.

In general terms, reading good books or stories, watching movies , inspires me.

whitelotus

Advisor Member
Being in nature, walking along the river near my home or walking on trails. Books, cooking new recipes, learning in general. My cat playing..it's so cute and inspires me to have more fun (I don't have any fun or happy people in my life so she is the main source of it). Seeing parents pulling their children on sleds instead of walking in the snow..loving families. A lot of little things. I find a lot of inspiration in listening to comedians podcasts where they talk about how they got to where they are now.

I find most of my inspiration by reading stories of people doing things I want to do and have both failed and succeeded. Unfortunately, most people only publish their wins in public, so there's not a whole lot of stories of how people have overcome their failures.

I'm more of an analytical person, so I also am more inspired by hard facts/data. There are far too many "handwavy" stories out there, where someone gives advice about doing something, yet never mention how or why that advice would work. Nowadays I try to seek out people who are very specific about the advice they put out there. For example, I don't want to hear how exercising is good for you and that's it - I want to hear how you ever since you started going to the gym three times a week for one hour helped you finish a side project you were working on in three months. The more details, the better.

My Gf and my brothers. They gives me so much energy. Sometimes i have a bad days. And when i meet them, my day becomes much better.

DreamLifeRules

Advisor Member
I think, for me, and what I know for many people, is best source of inspiration some external non-selfish goal. When you do something you should have your reasons for that goal (even some selfish like a house, car,...), but what makes a difference is external non-selfish goal. It could be that you wanna help your family, you want help some other people grow, or you want to pay for some poor children education. Simply, anything what gets your ass to get up from bed and work. When you are tired, think, this goal (whatever it is), will never happen until I start work again. And it may lead that your family, children, ..., will be without your help.
For me this is the best way to get inspiration.

My inspiration are the successful people that I meet, especially if they are my friends. I have a few very successful friends (in money, family, and health). Each time I get confused or stuck about what to do, I think about what they would be doing and it makes me get up and do some action.

I don't know if what I describe is inspiration or motivation. Maybe inspiration is a deep drive within us that has a high level of awareness, such as wanting to help other people solve their problems. In that case, my inspiration is to win, to create the maximum amount of happiness by helping people get the most results with the least amount of action.

Cheers!