What inspires YOU?

Thorium

What is it that makes you feel inspired about different things? Can be anything - Studying, dieting, working, etc.

As for me.. I usually get inspired when I start analyzing the benefits I'll get by doing the task. Most of the times, that does the trick. I'm interested in knowing what is it that you guys do in order to become inspired or motivated to do something you aren't really interested in, but you know you should be doing it.

radascars

Advisor Member
As long as I have benefits from what I do I always make that as an inspiration. I always motivate my self to work hard and finish what needs to be finished.

AmazingP

Advisor Member
As long as I have benefits from what I do I always make that as an inspiration. I always motivate my self to work hard and finish what needs to be finished.
I also like this attitude. As long as I can see some positive gains for me or my family, then it is enough motivation that could last for the whole day. I think it is important that just like self-discipline, we must also learn self-motivation as there are times where we can only rely on ourselves and no more with other people.

Go go go...let's conquer the whole world.

radascars

Advisor Member
I also like this attitude. As long as I can see some positive gains for me or my family, then it is enough motivation that could last for the whole day. I think it is important that just like self-discipline, we must also learn self-motivation as there are times where we can only rely on ourselves and no more with other people.

Go go go...let's conquer the whole world.

and there are also times that giving up is the only choice for you and nothing else.

MoreSuccess

Senior Advisor
Staff member
It can help me to think about the alternative, to ask myself what will happen if I don't do the thing, or consider what I would be doing instead. Life if I know I should go out and get some exercise, I imagine the alternative of sitting around the house all day, which may sound bad enough to motivate me.

It can also help me to think about that task in a good way, think about some aspect of it that may be fun or rewarding. Our mind can so easily want to make excuses why we shouldn't do it.

Very often those types of things I need to get done keep popping up in my mind and bug me, so I'll just go do it so I can stop thinking about it.

speedy

Advisor Member
Same here, get inspired when I know that I will benefit from it. I worked outside the country before and the work was terribly hard but my family is my inspiration. I am the eldest and I want to provide things to my younger siblings which I longed to have when I was young. It was hard to go to school with only 1 uniform, broken shoes, ripped off socks, etc. So, they are my inspiration why I want to work and accomplish something. Even in what I am doing today, they are the reason why I want to earn in any way I can. Moreover, my husband, I want to help him in some ways and don't want to be a burden to him at all. Above all, my inspiration is God who give me strength though sometimes I am lacking in giving my time for His works but still He is good in my life.

iebo

Being able to support myself is my daily source of inspiration. I want to be proud of myself, and supporting myself makes me proud.

beingwell

What is it that makes you feel inspired about different things? Can be anything - Studying, dieting, working, etc.

As for me.. I usually get inspired when I start analyzing the benefits I'll get by doing the task. Most of the times, that does the trick. I'm interested in knowing what is it that you guys do in order to become inspired or motivated to do something you aren't really interested in, but you know you should be doing it.
Right now, I've set a short-term goal for myself. I've been wanting to buy something which is quite costly. I'm trying to save up from my online earnings so I can treat myself with this worldly possession!hahaha!:D

moneymakingmom

Coaching Member
That's a tough one for me. I don't usually do projects that I'm not interested in. I'm very spoiled not having been in public schools and being a product of home schooling where there is much more flexibility to pursue school studies of interest and not just the ones the public school teacher says are important. If I have to do something that I find distasteful, then I will first write in on a note, break down the steps and try to accomplish one tiny portion of the job at a time. I don't like cleaning out my refrigerator but it always gets done. Sometimes, just picking up something to put it away is the first step in a big project. It's not about motivation just putting one step in front of the other and doing the next thing you find.

Cecil Estrera

The most important ones that inspires and motivates me in life are my kids. Without them, I might not move on and go forward, or I still might feel alone until now. Having them by my side is the greatest feeling in the world.

JamJam

A sense of accomplishment when I finished a certain task. It gives me a fulfillment that I achieve something and it inspires me to keep going.

My family specially my son are also my inspiration. I can't imagine a life without them.

tired

I can agree with family inspirations. I have four children and 6 grandchildren - (2 are only months old and 1 is a only a year, the rest under 8. Everyday it inspires to me to go on and achieve whatever I can as I know it will eventually trickle down to them - not just monetary - but good learning experiences, values, etc. Everytime I look at one of my children or grandchildren with their beautiful smiles - I am inspired!!!:D

Yolanda

The people around me inspire me; I love my family and friend and I love to work with people.
The great diversity there is in human beings never ceases to amaze and inspire me. We can learn so much from each other. It makes every day exciting and new.

Cecil Estrera

A sense of accomplishment when I finished a certain task. It gives me a fulfillment that I achieve something and it inspires me to keep going.

My family specially my son are also my inspiration. I can't imagine a life without them.
Thanks for liking my post friend. I can see that we have the same inspiration, noh? :)

zararina

Coaching Member
The goals i have in life inspires me. I would like to have some things in life and be able to go places. Also family and friends serves as my inspiration to work hard and be successful. I know that in the end of every hardship, a prize and sense of fulfillment is to be given.

clauemi

Well there's the obvious inspiration my kids but also I take a look at how my parents life turned out and that keeps me motivated. I don't want my life to be like theirs, full of stress and not getting anywhere.

MariaM

Since the birth of my child 11 years ago, I have noticed a change in my motivations. I used to fall into ruts and stay, knowing I should climb out and move on. But when I became I mother, I began to feel an urgency to live as purposefully as I can. My child is my greatest inspiration to always do better.

amy005

Right now my main motivation is my new baby and fiancee. My fiancee works Mon-Fri in a town 50 miles away. He wakes up at 4:30 am and leaves by 5:30 to start work at around 6:30 am until 4:30 pm and makes it home by 5:30. I think about how hard he works to bring in a decent income for our growing family and I try my best to keep things going in the household and making sure my child gets everything he needs. Since I am the main care giver of my 2 month old during the day I make sure that he is stimulated enough with colorful toys and I read books to him, I sing to him, I of course feed him every 2-4 hours and I try to keep up on the household chores as well as giving my husband a good meal. When i have free time.. which is rare.. I do a few projects online to get some extra money rolling in. I do this all for my two boys and for myself. My family also motivates me to eat and be healthy and make sure that my fiancee has a healthy meal.

summerRain

So far, my inspiration is my family. I am working online so I can help with some expenses at home. I have 3 brothers and 1 sister, all in their College level. I know that my parents are struggling so hard to sustain all the expenses on education and so forth.

I am already a registered nurse but because there are no available job for the new nurses (they usually hire nurses who have 2 years experience, mostly are just volunteer works), I decided to work online so I have no transportation expenses or anything. I don't wanna be a volunteer nurse at this point because practically speaking, my parents cannot handle all the expenses.

As long as I can see my brothers and sister who are doing good in school, I feel so motivated. I wanted to work hard and earn for them.