What inspires you to be positive?

radascars

Advisor Member
In the modern age we have in our daily lives being positive and optimism can sometimes left out due to daily frustrations and crisis that we experience, in other words positivity and optimism are forgotten.

Being appreciative pausing just to see a flower and think positive, a clever mickey mouse-shaped cloud, or the smiles of our loved ones may become an after-thought. But its in these pauses, these small moments, that we can find inspiration we need to be positive, smile for a while, appreciate what life is and feel connected to our families and significant others.

In an environment or world we are living there are much negative views nowadays, religiously and politically spoken there are a lot of bad and negative are happening. From what we are living now what inspires you to be positive?

KingManta

I am inspired to be positive because I now the best is yet to come.
As the saying goes "the storm is darkest before the dawn."
Everyone goes through rough patches in life, everyone goes through problems.
Nothing is permanent, and I know the future holds a lot of good things.

AmazingP

Advisor Member
Staying positive as well as remaining honest to yourself and the ideals you believe in can be so difficult these days. Every day we are bombarded by negative forces left and right -- from the news we see on TV, hear on radio and read in print -- as if we are all really doomed to a world of darkness and chaos. Where is the light? hell, even people whom we look up to spiritually are themselves mired in the muddy discussions of wrongdoings and accusations!

I still remember a saying that says: At the end of the tunnel there is another...tunnel? No, I am just kidding...there is always light at the end of the tunnel...at the end of the rainbow there is a pot of gold...and at the end of the negativity there is a good news beyond our own comprehension.

Worrying so much on anything won't make this world a better place. Let us all stop for a while and smell the roses -- appreciate the fact that we are still alive -- alive and kicking. Let's us celebrate life!

zararina

Coaching Member
Yes it was right that when we look around us, there are lots of reason to be negative and a lot are being negative. What inspires me to be optimist is the idea that i would only make my life miserable if i let myself be a pessimist. Being a positive thinker helps me hope for a better future and believe for more good things to come.

speedy

Advisor Member
It is very hard to stay motivated and be optimistic especially if your environment is full of negativism. My personal relationship with God is my inspiration along with the support of my family, especially my mother and my husband. My church also inspires me to be positive through brotherly and sisterly support and good preaching every services.

Neobian

When i start my day with fellowship with God, nothing has ever gone wrong. 30 min of meditation has cleared a truck load of negativity for me :)

XoxChrissyxoX

I am thankful that I have people in my life who inspire me to be positive. My cousin inspires me a lot. I tend to over think a lot of things and this holds me back. I make a big deal of things that I shouldn't because I'm a perfectionist sometimes. My cousin tells me to just go for things rather than to over think things. When I spend time with her I observe her day-to-day interactions. She makes me want to be more of a go-getter. She has gone through a lot in her life. She lost her mother when she was 9, and her father never contacted her until he thought he would have to pay child support so she wants nothing to do with him. I have a hard life as well, in different ways. The difference between the two of us is that she doesn't let anything get her down. She still strives for whatever goal it is that she wants to reach, and she doesn't let anyone stop her from achieving it.

I think kindness also inspires me to be positive. There is so much hatred and negativity in the world. When I see random acts of kindness and love it gives me hope that good will come in the future because not everyone is corrupt.

Sometimes it's hard for me to be positive. I'm trying to train myself to get into that mindset. For a little while I was and optimist when I was going to college, but after graduating and being faced with personal family issues last year I've regressed back into pessimism.

Cecil Estrera

I think I've said this already in other thread. My family makes me motivated every single day.
They are the one good reason why I still look forward to waking up in the morning.
At times when I feel weary and tired, just a smile from my kids and I feel alive and kicking again.
Maybe when you become a parent, they eventually become your inspiration in life.

Matt

Staying positive helps me feel better as a person. When I am negative, I am always down and not having as good as a time when I am positive.

slicing_angel2003

For the longest time only the negative things in life seemed to register with me. My life was really just a day to day go through the motions life. I had no drive to better myself. I grew up in a very negative household where bad things happened daily, and it was the only way I knew to live. When I moved out on my own that's how life was. Then I met my husband. I had never been in a relationship that wasn't "broken" in some way, but the friendship my husband and I formed before dating was the best one I'd ever had. I started thinking maybe life was worth more than motions.

Now, when I start feeling down about all the negative things in the world I remember that life really is what you make of it. If there are overwhelming negatives than turn them into a drive to create a positive outcome. Sometimes changing the negative is all I need to be more motivated and positive.

SDavis2702

I have a nice little cycle going that inspires me to be positive. A few years ago, I started to study the power of the subconscious mind. In doing so, I learned that affirmations are definitely necessary as constant reminders of things you want to be exposed to.

With this being the era of Facebook, it was inevitable that some of these affirmations ended up as statuses. Over the last couple of years, I've earned the reputation as motivator among my peers. Now, they have certain expectations of me. Not only my Facebook friends, but almost everyone I know.

Because they expect positivity, I deliver. How can one be positive and not actually FEEL positive? You can't... that's how. So, in being positive for others, I find my inspiration to keep being positive. It's such a lovely cycle. :)

DeeNeely

I don't always make the goal of staying positive, but my reason is to be a better person. I look to the great people from life and fiction to find good role models for what I consider to be a better person. I am a humanist so I don't turn to religion, but that is just me.
I also look to our kids to stay positive.

bright_light

What inspires me to think positive? "Tomorrow". There is always Tomorrow that motivates me to go to work, a good future to create, not only for myself but for other people. When you're feeling down today, tell yourself: "Tomorrow will be a better day." On a dark, gloomy day, I always bear in mind that the sun will shine upon me...Tomorrow.

Remember the movie "Annie"? Let me share the child's song with you all, you know this, a song sang by a child full of hope. Sing it with the tune:

"Just thinkin' about Tomorrow
Clears away the cobwebs and the sorrow
'til there's none!"

songbird

What inspires me to think positive? People who are positive are always happy, and that motivates me to change my attitude. There have been times where I thought that I was in the worst situation and all I did was complain and feel sorry for myself, but then I talked to someone in a much worse situation and they were so happy and full of hope. It's all about the attitude and making the choice to be happy. It's being able to change your view of your environment and see it with new eyes.

easysunrise

It is hard to be positive when there is a lot of stress in your life. I read, when I need a shot of thinking positive. I have several books that remind me, life can and should be beautiful, and it is all in the way I view each day. I also self talk, with positive thoughts.
I am not a naturally positive person, and have to work at it every day.

SDavis2702

What inspires me to think positive? People who are positive are always happy, and that motivates me to change my attitude. There have been times where I thought that I was in the worst situation and all I did was complain and feel sorry for myself, but then I talked to someone in a much worse situation and they were so happy and full of hope. It's all about the attitude and making the choice to be happy. It's being able to change your view of your environment and see it with new eyes.
That's exactly what it is. A lot of people think that the reason why they aren't positive is because there's a ton of negativity around them... and all positive people must live in paradise. No. That's not the case at all. Like you said, it's being able to see your environment with new eyes... the eyes you have consciously chosen. Being positive comes from within. It's not the result of a pleasing environment.

Girl'vivalist Meg

A lot of things keep me positive depending on the situation. Recently, something that has kept me very positive, is Youtube. There are several videos there regarding the Sikh religion that are very inspirational regardless of your spiritual belief system. They are soothing and make me feel positive and peaceful. I think true friends and family also keep me positive. Reminding myself of what I have accomplished in the past two years is also a good positive push for me.