What have you done today to make someones day better?

songbird

It is always so uplifting to do something for someone. It doesn't take much effort, but it is so rewarding. It is the best medicine for when you are feeling sorry for yourself. I think I will call my husband and tell him how great he is and then I will go up stairs and hug my daughter.

Matt

Well at the end of basketball practice today, there was one ball in the far corner and no one wanted to get it, so I went ahead and put it in the rack :)

radascars

Advisor Member
In every day life I am in my work I always wanted my patient's relative to feel okay and feel better whenever they are worried with their relatives suffering from certain health issues.

I tend to talk to them and try to express their feelings for their relief. I cannot guarantee how effective therapeutic communication is with someone who have moderate to severe anxiety. I did a lot of nursing procedures to provide comfort not only with my patients but also for their relatives and love ones. :)

Cecil Estrera

Today, I took extra care of my son who's having fever, cough and cold. It's really sad to see him with runny and clogged nose and to see him cough every now and then. What I did was I put wet towel in his forehead and gave him medicine and I can see that he is feeling well now. I also cooked a pork dish for my husband who did the laundry for me today 'cause I am not feeling well too.

zararina

Coaching Member
I had greeted some of my friends today through Yahoo chat and Facebook chat. I am online most of the time so the very easy thing to let my friends know that i remember them is through chatting with them online or sending them e-mails.

AmazingP

Advisor Member
With all the pressures coming from our job, family members, society and other sources, it is so easy to forget that we are here for a purpose and one of those purpose is to transmit inspiration, love, happiness, wisdom. generosity and joy to people around us. Today, I attended a seminar on environmental problems and there was a team building session which opened an opportunity for me to share my knowledge and expertise on the topic. This is one day of extending a helping hand to other people.

songbird

Today, I am making homemade muffins for my daughter and her friend who spent the night. Forgetting about yourself and thinking of others is one of the best ways to truly be happy.

speedy

Advisor Member
I rented a room where there are many workers around, changing the bed sheet, cleaning the rooms, bathroom, etc. I went to the grocery today to have a food shopping for my 1 week consumption. I bought some ensymada with cheese and gave it to the guard and other workers which is I always do every time I went food shopping. I knew they are tired and giving a piece of bread make them happy. :)

minigo

At work today, I noticed our officer-in-charge was not wearing a happy face. She would answer the phone in a low voice, and would not greet people. She was not in her usual self since she is a cheerful gal. Turned out that she forgot her cellphone at home and she really felt bad because she was to call her father overseas since it's his birthday. Her husband could not bring the cellphone to the office because it was his turn to look after their baby. Since her house is just a few blocks away from ours, and my husband was still at home preparing to go to work, I asked my husband to go over my OIC's house and get the cellphone. She did not know this because I wanted to surprise her. When I handed her the phone, she almost screamed! I know I made her day. :)

WitchyWoman

I went shopping today, there was an elderly woman standing in the middle of the parking lot trying to locate her car. I felt great when she told me how much she appreciated me helping her locate it. Always keep a smile on your face. When you see someone in need take a moment of your time and help them!

susansboneyard

My British mother taught me to never toot my own horn. She felt that if you solicit accolades in this life you are depriving yourself of blessings in the next life. With that said, I'll share with you a small act of kindness my husband did today. We received a message on our cell phone from a woman unknown to us. She asked if we would provide a reference for her for employment. My husband called her back and told her she had called the wrong number. He didn't want to mess her chances up of getting that job.

summerRain

Today, someone who is very close to me is so sad and depressed. I talk to him about his problem and he is very cooperative. He told me every single detail about the cause of his depression. I gave him a proper advice and I cheer him up. I quoted some motivational quotes so he will never feel that he is alone.

It feels so great whenever I am able to help other people. I really love to see them smile and moving forward.

AmazingP

Advisor Member
I rented a room where there are many workers around, changing the bed sheet, cleaning the rooms, bathroom, etc. I went to the grocery today to have a food shopping for my 1 week consumption. I bought some ensymada with cheese and gave it to the guard and other workers which is I always do every time I went food shopping. I knew they are tired and giving a piece of bread make them happy. :)
I like how you are making those efforts for people around you. One thing for sure is that people really appreciate those small and simple things we can share. And once they feel that you are doing and sharing yourself with gusto, the recipients would be doubly happy to receive your gifts and this can even induce them to also pay forward the kindness they just received.

Our world can be a wonderful and harmonious world if all of us without exemption would concentrate on loving people instead of using them for our own vested personal interest.

Have a nice day!