What exercise do you do to keep healthy?

smile4u

I like jogging, rope-skipping, hola hoop, and sit-ups and i do these kind of things a lot.
I also like playing badminton but i need to practice more before i can do it well.
What exercises do you choose to build up your body?

F

FuzzyMike

I do a lot jogging, sit-ups. I like to stay fit and healthy.
I also play Tennis for like 5 years now, and I think it is awesome.
Share your exercises people!

Milton

I do skipping regularly and circuit training (involving running a certain distance and then doing a variety of exercises, then repeating the running and so on). I find that it keeps my cardiovascular system strong.

iebo

I mountain-bike and kayak. We've got a nice 20 mile trail not too far from my house. There's also a river I can paddle down. During the winter I don't get out much as I don't care for the cold, but I'm considering getting a Kinect and a workout game which I think could be fun.

speedy

Advisor Member
I am not into exercise regularly. But if possible I want biking and jogging. I used to make hula hoops as well and learning on how to do it. I lived in a 5th floor building and I run from first floor to the 5th every morning or night when there are no people around...

MoreSuccess

Senior Advisor
Staff member
I've been trying to run more, when I walk our new dog he just wants to run so that encourages me. I really need to do more but it's tough when you're really busy. I lift weights at home when I can but I don't want to pay to go to a gym.

mslianne

I usually run in our treadmill. :) I do run for about 20 minutes per day. It's so hard to do so when there is a lack of encouragement, so my family and my lover encouraging me have helped me so much. I usually listen to music while I run so that the beat would help me exercise more. I also don't like paying for a gym membership. It's a bit expensive for me so I think I'll pass up on that.

angela

I walk about 15minutes a day. I also clean our house. I think those two activities can be considered as a good physical exercise and would not cost any cents. :D

mslianne

I walk about 15minutes a day. I also clean our house. I think those two activities can be considered as a good physical exercise and would not cost any cents. :D
Do you usually walk with a companion? A dog or a person? :)
I sometimes clean our house, too, when I have the chance.
It's good that you didn't have to spend anything just to work out. :D

beingwell

I run and jog. I also lift light weights, just enough to keep my arms firm. It really takes discipline to follow through a physical regimen. Good thing that my husband and I encourage each other so we both exercise regularly. We've committed to the healthy habit, especially now that we are planning to start a family.

moneymakingmom

I'm not as physically active as I want to be. But, back when my daughter was three years old, we would do yoga together. It was a good bonding experience. She was very good at the poses. I would love to take up yoga
again, but I don't remember more than a few of the poses and can't do any of them correctly anymore.

These days, I do brisk housework to raise my heartrate and burn calories. It's not a really good way to lose
excess weight but it does keep me from gaining weight. If i were to eat more fruits and less meats, I'm sure
I would lose weight, too.

beingwell

I'm not as physically active as I want to be. But, back when my daughter was three years old, we would do yoga together. It was a good bonding experience. She was very good at the poses. I would love to take up yoga
again, but I don't remember more than a few of the poses and can't do any of them correctly anymore.

These days, I do brisk housework to raise my heartrate and burn calories. It's not a really good way to lose
excess weight but it does keep me from gaining weight. If i were to eat more fruits and less meats, I'm sure
I would lose weight, too.
That's so nice to hear. I also have a friend who does yoga with her toddler daughter. It's very easy to teach kids. They will follow what you do, no questions asked.

Anyway, what you're doing now is just right. House chores are good calorie burners, as well you know.:D

moneymakingmom

Yes, it's very easy to work up a sweat sweeping the floor, scrubbing the carpets and walls and puttering around the house. It's a good calorie burner as you say. There are times when I think I should be doing more. But, I'm working back into the swing of a real workout routine. I don't want to rush in and injure myself or get sore muscles and get discouraged over the whole thing. One baby step at a time. :)

MyDigitalpoint

Advisor Member
Walking keesp me healthy, but not the typical 15-30 minutes walk that is often recommended.

I walk 3 to 4 hours on average, sometimes daily, sometimes three times a week, going downtown and getting back. However, when I'm very busy at home, I take one day off and walk around 8 to 10 hours.

Needless to say long walks require at least several 15 minute stops along the way to avoid extreme fatigue and muscle trouble, mostly leg and toess cramps.