What do you think about when you first wake up???

About 20+ years ago, my uncle at 37 years of age did not show up for work. Four days passed and still no show, so the employer and co-workers sent the police to his house to see what was the matter with my uncle.

At the house there was no burglary, no robbery and no signs of foul play. When they entered my uncle's bedroom they found him still laying in bed. He just never woke up. It was later said that he had a heart attack during his sleep. And living alone he did not have anyone to check on him.

At the funeral, I said to myself that from now on, every day that I wake up, it will be a good day!!!

So every morning when I wake up I see a sign below and attached to remind me of how lucky I am to be given another chance to wake up and enjoy another day at Life.

And being appreciative at life when you first wake up also sets the stage for the rest of your day! This will actually force you to have a great day for the rest of your day! Try it and see.

TODAY IS
A GOOD DAY
I WOKE UP THIS
MORNING

:)
If you google how many people die each day, you will be shocked. Click HERE for the result. Over 151K people die each day so this is even more reason to be grateful you are reading this post.

So what do you think about when you first wake up? Or what did you use to think about when you first woke up? Because I believe you may change your first thought of the day after reading this.

Attachments

I think about some of the tasks I'll do for the day; it's a brief reiteration.
Thanks Todd. You're absolutely right. It is definitely a great idea to reiterate your tasks for the day to help in getting them done before the end of the day. I usually write a message to myself on my cell phone notes the night before. I know how much we look at our phones throughout the day so it reminds me to look at my list as I go through my day. Including my appreciation message to myself, that "Today Is A Good Day!" because "I Woke Up This Morning!"

denydritz

Coaching Member
I think about some of the tasks I'll do for the day
I think about tasks in the morning too, but I feel it's not the best use of energy at the start of the day. Other thoughts that pop up is: what time is it? What day is it? What am I going to have for breakfast lol.

I feel that the most empowering thought to begin the day is expressing gratitude (I'm practicing on that). Then I scan my body while affirming that I am healthy and vibrant, plus other affirmations that relate to my priority. A good stretch to the sides, and then standing up and taking a deep breath in makes for a energetic "wake up routine."

I try to not think about short term tasks in the morning (though my monkey brain is so eager to do that). Once the day starts rolling and I've spent mental energy on my well being and long term life goals, then I start to think about what I need to do today.

I think about tasks in the morning too, but I feel it's not the best use of energy at the start of the day. Other thoughts that pop up is: what time is it? What day is it? What am I going to have for breakfast lol.

I feel that the most empowering thought to begin the day is expressing gratitude (I'm practicing on that). Then I scan my body while affirming that I am healthy and vibrant, plus other affirmations that relate to my priority. A good stretch to the sides, and then standing up and taking a deep breath in makes for a energetic "wake up routine."

I try to not think about short term tasks in the morning (though my monkey brain is so eager to do that). Once the day starts rolling and I've spent mental energy on my well being and long term life goals, then I start to think about what I need to do today.
Haha, yeah I think it is natural for all of us to wonder what time it is... what day it is... what we are going to have for breakfast... and many other things. In the Frontal cortex of our brain we process about 2,000 pieces of information per second, but in the Subconscious our brain processes over 400 million pieces of information so our brain is super busy.

Definitely, Gratitude is a very important way to start your day. And being alive is something to be grateful about. It really boils down to awareness, and you seem to be on the right track as you are recognizing yourself how healthy and vibrant you are when you wake up and start your morning. Once you learn to appreciate and become grateful, after that, the rest is much easier to manage.

Thanks denydritz!

There are two big things I like to do when I wake up:

First I think about what I am grateful for. This helps to really put you into a positive state of mind.

The second thing, is I think about what tasks or goals I want to focus on for the day, week, or month. Then I create a clear vision of what I hope things will be like once these things are completed.