What do you see/feel/hear during meditation?

Do you meditate?

• Total voters

J E Roberson

Senior Advisor
My business promotes meditation via Binaural Beats. I find my experience with this is usually similar in body lightness and environmental connectedness. However the frequency in which I take on determines any other feelings, emotions or visions I experience.

J E Roberson

Senior Advisor
I've never had an out of body experience, no. Most times when I meditate, I'm doing a visualization exercise, so yes, I see pictures. I create them intentionally, mentally exploring entire areas that I build on as I visualize more and more.

It is just my opinion however although connected at the hip in respect to the manifestation process, there is a very large gap between visualization and meditation. I do encounter individuals using visualization to get into meditation. Do you do both?

J E Roberson

Senior Advisor
Meditation is very simple. Use a mantra or keep the attention on a sense or body function. The breathing is a common one. Keep the attention on the mantra or the sense. When attention wanders - as it will - gently bring it back. Eventually you attain a stillness and tranquility.

The mind is brought to rest and stillness. There's no need to think of an image or to think or comment internally on anything at all.

It might take five minutes, it might take half an hour. But I'll get there.

I agree Skyring. lately i have ran across information from Adam King is suggest the body is the hinderance to the spiritual realm and a effective but errorless method. Have you heard of him?

J E Roberson

Senior Advisor
When I meditate I try to clear my mind. Stillness is the purpose and thoughts are unwanted. From the meditative state I begin to FEEL much more of what's going on around me. I can sense things that are hundreds of feet away...even through the walls. Our FEELING capacity is very EVOLVED. We get _distracted_ by our fast-paced culture. It's slowing down and returning to the feeling self. Get it? :)

On my journey I've found there is no way to get it, we have to just do it, feel it….. Hey great website by the way, if I utilize the contact form will I be able to receive your information in my inbox? If so you have earned a sub :)

orionoid

when i meditate, its like i wake up in a world and moving forward. the world is totally random and i've never seen thing in the world that i have seen in real life. i have body parts and i can mentally move them but not my real body, just the one in my mind. i told a friend of mine how to meditate like i was and he said the same thing when i told him nothing, he went through the same thing i did except he said that he was flying. does anyone know what this is?

Scamdesigns

I see strange things,wile I am meditating, such as different people, signs, messages, texts, I hear ppeople. Etc. Try not to think just observe!

Bilawa

When I meditate there are at least three phases I went through. The first phase is when I'm trying to focus on my breathing but random thoughts and images started to coming. The second when random thoughts and images are gone and I started to see glowing circles. I focus with the one glows the brightest. The third one is pure stilness. I become mindful of everything but not wandering. This phase is the calmest of all and my sense of time is gone.

I use meditation music or sometimes binaural beat. A soundscape recording of waterfall or rain I found helpful too. I practice Tai Chi too because it is a meditation in movement. It helps when sitting meditation is still a bit too hard (at least for me sitting still for quite some time was hard).

imamompreneur

Meditation is so powerful! It seems to take over my body and I feel an overwhelming divine connection!

When I am in Prayer Meditation i do my best to completely silence my mind and concentrate wholly on my breathing, and imagine Pure, Divine, Nothingness for surely to be in state of Un-want is true Transcendent Bliss.

Anthony Docherty

Advisor Member
Everyone I talk to who meditates experiences different things. What do you experience when you meditate? Do you have visions or see anything? Maybe interesting colors, shapes, full blown images. Do you hear anything? How do you feel? Share your experiences. Have any of you had an Out of Body experience/astral projection during meditation?
I only found meditation recently, I was lucky to find it at a time of intense need actually. I had become dislocated from my true self and was feeling quite unhappy and drinking like a fish to boot. I truly was a lost soul and my mind was a total disaster zone.

I do pretty basic stuff, guided mediations you can find online and some from text a good friend of mine gave to me. But the first time I meditated I was quite shocked at how I managed to begin to actually tune out and be in the moment. The second time I did it I felt a loss of sense in my arms and legs. At first this frightened me as I wasn't used to it so I jumped out of it in shock.

But it happened on another occasion a day or two later and I put it down to actually for the first time in my life my body was free from tension and anxiety. Like it had gone into a state of complete calm so I stopped feeling anything external. I'm no expert as I said when it comes to meditation as I'm still in the early days but my word, it is very good for you!! I highly recommend taking some time out of your day to focus on taking care of you mind and body. Meditation is a new world for me!

I've been meditating for a while now and I've had some pretty killer experiences. I've seen shapes, tunnels, herd voices and tones, and I've even had several out of body experiences. All of these things I experienced with my eyes closed, focusing on breathing and relaxing, but the further I get into meditation the more I realize that meditation isn't something limited to crossing your legs and closing your eyes.

saying that meditation is sitting with your eyes closed is kind of like saying working out is doing push ups. Sure that's one way to work out, but there are hundreds if not thousands more that can all be just as rewarding. The same thing goes for meditation.

Sitting with your legs crossed can be a great way to practice, but you can also practice while driving to work, playing with your kids, or even eating. Meditation is little more than a state of extreme focus. It's a total awareness of the presence to the point where you have no psychic energy left for your ego to run around labeling everything.

In the book flow, by Mihaly Csikszentmihalyi, he describes that state of total focus a loss of self awareness and being 100% focused on the task at hand, whether it be rock climbing, snowboarding, or sitting and breathing. That state of flow or extreme focus, is the same state people describe when asked to describe the happiest times of their lives.

Meditation is not "what" you do, but "how" you do it.

PennySafe

Meditation for me is kind of inconsistent. I can't say that it does much for me, but sometimes it is relaxing in the moment. I'm not good at it yet.

Aree Wongwanlee

Advisor Member
Nothing. Zilch. Zero.

When I meditate, I do it to clear my mind. So, for me, the aim of meditation is not to see anything at all.

adaba063

Coaching Member
Fascinating as I read through the various experiences.

I have used guided imagery, and I have learned to just be still for a short period of time.

My intention most often is to just quiet the mind, but I would also like to learn to use meditation to search for answers to questions that I may be working on.

Great sharing so far!

all the best,

Tyler Brown

I once meditated for about 6 hours straight after drinking a bulletproof coffee and the effects were incredible! I felt like my awareness would go out of my body and reunite with nature. I could feel my awareness being the awareness of everyone else, so at that point OMG I felt so incredibly strong. It was like I had an overkill of energy inside me. Then I cried, because it became so clear that I never made the choice to feel so little love for everyone else. I just didn’t want the love to go away. And yes, medicine might say that I was kind of high or would have some disorder but I’m pretty sure the feeling I had was the same you get when your body dies. The cool thing about it was that I didn’t feel pain at all. I could do literally anything without feeling disturbed. The constant inner comparison to others also went away. I suddenly also recognized how amazing it is to actually be a human being, like I wasn’t just another citizen in the system. I imagined how it would feel like if I would be the only one on earth, like there is me, nature and the universe. In fact, after this experience was over, my whole perception of the world changed. And now I’m looking forward to spread as much love as possible and the thing I learned is that there is actually no individuality at all. Everyone else is just part of you and this knowledge is actually not a dogma or something similar you would adopt when joining a religion. It is something you can experience by yourself, when you just allow yourself to go inside you and just be.

AAW99

Everyone I talk to who meditates experiences different things. What do you experience when you meditate? Do you have visions or see anything? Maybe interesting colors, shapes, full blown images. Do you hear anything? How do you feel? Share your experiences. Have any of you had an Out of Body experience/astral projection during meditation?
Meditation has been my vehicle for travelling to other planes as well as this one, allow me to share an experience with you:

I once worked at a private hospital in Marylebone, 2002. I was taking my lunch break and thought I'd use the time to meditate. After 15-20 minutes I was shown a scenario up on the third floor (I was all the way downstairs in the basement near the canteen at the time) where three nurses were frantically searching for a list which contained the pager/beeper numbers for the security and porter team. Things seemed serious up there, but as I sat meditating, my focus was solely trained on maintaining my this vision - I had no idea what the meaning of this revelation was, or why I were seeing it, but I continued to observe in awe. Next thing, one of the nurses found a sheet of paper which she studied for a hot minute, and I heard them speaking (although their voices sounded like echoes) among themselves clearly. The same nurse said my name, "Anthony has the master beeper, pass me the phone quickly" she said. I watched on as she dialled four digits and as soon as she did this my beeper started to chime - which caused me to almost leap out of my meditative state. Startled, I leapt to my feet and ran to the canteen in the basement to use the phone. When I checked the number on my beeper, it was indeed the third floor nursing station calling me, they asked me to rush upstairs and bring oxygen with me as there was a cardiac arrest. When I arrived on the third floor - to my shock and amazement - I was met by the exact same three nurses I'd just saw in my vision whilst meditating in the basement... I knew at that moment that there's another side to life - a side that is truly out of this world...

I have always had spiritual experiences since my childhood, including visions/premonitions, lucid dreaming/OOBEs, and many more deep and revealing messages from Jesus, spirit guides, ancestors, shamans, angels (both guardian and archetype), power animals, and some.

My life is more spiritual than it is practical, as many people only scratch around at surface level; living out their lives from only 20/30% of their full make-up. But what of the other 70/80%...? That larger part/percentage is spirit, soul, universal energy, light... love.

I am a Light healer, also Shamanic and Reiki healer, but back then I never knew of my 'path,' although I was well aware of my visions, spirits etc. from my childhood, but never spoke about it as I was confused, which is understandable as I were just a child back then. Now I generally see and perceive with my third eye, which allows me to see auras and spirits, as well hear spirit/soul talk.

My shamanic abilities allow me to 'journey' both back and forth, providing healing for others (people, animals, plants/nature) at a considerably higher rate than if I were to use only Reiki or just a couple of my own methods. But even more than the shamanic healing - I've learned to use Christ's energy/light to do all of my work nowadays, as His power is perfection in my opinion.

I am not religious because I do not follow any religion, but instead I pertain to spirit and am open in my communication channels. The Jesus I know is not the Jesus written about in bibles and spoken of in other religions. Christ I know through vision and spirit alone, not religion.

The reasons why everyone has different experiences during their meditation is simply because we are all individuals - not even my twin and me are alike - not in mind nor matter (non-identical), we think in totally different ways and we lead different lives - yet we were born only 15 minutes apart in one womb - my late mother's.

Confidence123, thank you for reading (if you've read this far) and I hope that my experiences have given you something...

Take care, and remember this - to reap what is truly sweet, one must learn to dig around in the deep...

:)

Last edited by a moderator:

Pratima

Coaching Member
Yes, I do meditation. My aim is to clear my mind & have peace of mind. Sometimes I do healing also. When I meditate, sometimes I see images and colours. Meditation is a very good thing. It balances your mind, body and soul. Whatever you experience during meditation, one should try to meditate.

Ourhigherself

Meditation to me is like cleaning the messy room in head each morning. All the mess from the day before becomes neat and organized. I can find thoughts and I find myself better adept to dealing with anxieties throughout the day =)

Jacques a dit

When I meditate I no longer am in this plain I go to a different plain where there is no walls the only thing there is blackness and people's aura if there is someone close enough I can just see their aura even if I didn't know they were there before I went into meditation it allows me to focuse on my self or others aura