What do you see/feel/hear during meditation?

Do you meditate?

• Total voters

Confidence123

Everyone I talk to who meditates experiences different things. What do you experience when you meditate? Do you have visions or see anything? Maybe interesting colors, shapes, full blown images. Do you hear anything? How do you feel? Share your experiences. Have any of you had an Out of Body experience/astral projection during meditation?

Jessi

I've never had an out of body experience, no. Most times when I meditate, I'm doing a visualization exercise, so yes, I see pictures. I create them intentionally, mentally exploring entire areas that I build on as I visualize more and more.

When I meditate I try to clear my mind. Stillness is the purpose and thoughts are unwanted. From the meditative state I begin to FEEL much more of what's going on around me. I can sense things that are hundreds of feet away...even through the walls. Our FEELING capacity is very EVOLVED. We get _distracted_ by our fast-paced culture. It's slowing down and returning to the feeling self. Get it? :)

AmazingP

Advisor Member
When I am meditating, I always imagine that I am situated in a spring where water is so refreshing and I can be swimming in its clear water...with birds above happily singing and dancing. :D

rachel1970

I've never managed to meditate successfully. I really don't think it's my 'thing' to be honest. I tried it once, in a group session, and felt like a complete idiot! People rave about how good it is for you, and how it can clear your mind of rubbish and help you to focus, but I can't seem to engage with the concept at all. Are there any tips you can recommend? Nothing too extreme, please - I don't want to be chanting or anything daft!

zararina

Coaching Member
I had voted for "no" since no matter how hard I tried to meditate, I cannot concentrate. :p
I find it hard to focus and that means I have not done meditation successfully. Maybe doing it in a very peaceful place and with nature might work for me . ;) (hope so)

I have only just started so Iam a novice but focus on breathing and try to think of nothing, I know this is hard but if it is tried regualy say twice a day for 20-3o mins at the same time each day you will get there. and you will know when.
I've never managed to meditate successfully. I really don't think it's my 'thing' to be honest. I tried it once, in a group session, and felt like a complete idiot! People rave about how good it is for you, and how it can clear your mind of rubbish and help you to focus, but I can't seem to engage with the concept at all. Are there any tips you can recommend? Nothing too extreme, please - I don't want to be chanting or anything daft!

A

artistry

When I am mediating, I experience a calmness that makes me have a good feeling, that I am comforted in my mind and soul. It's a great feeling.

Jessi

I had voted for "no" since no matter how hard I tried to meditate, I cannot concentrate. :p
I find it hard to focus and that means I have not done meditation successfully. Maybe doing it in a very peaceful place and with nature might work for me . ;) (hope so)
You should try again, though. It does take some practice and you really need to focus on clearing your mind.

Visualization techniques could probably really help you, too. Or guided meditation. Look on YouTube for some videos.

D

detectivediana

My preferred way of meditating is through the accompaniment of music. Meditating with music tends to fill me with such wondrous energy. I sometimes cry and I almost always feel more calm and at peace. I've also tried visualizing, but have found this to be more difficult, whether it's with a guided meditation or not.

When I meditate, I get a large flurry of feelings, and clips of various images. I've seen deceased people, and I've heard sounds too. Most of my experiences revolve around seeing colours or small indeterminable images, along with a relatively balanced emotional state.

bneil

I used to meditate before, but haven't got any OBE, I wonder how that felt, but it creeps me. I hope I could meditate again soon, whenever I am not that busy.

Spiral

I always meditate with music. This way there is no need to focus on something or to visualize. No effort on my part is needed. Period. I just relax floating and listening to the music. By itself, my awareness comes in the foreground and my thoughts fade away. I feel serenity and silence. Sometimes spontaneous images come up.

bneil

I always meditate with music. This way there is no need to focus on something or to visualize. No effort on my part is needed. Period. I just relax floating and listening to the music. By itself, my awareness comes in the foreground and my thoughts fade away. I feel serenity and silence. Sometimes spontaneous images come up.
The music you'd be listening should be a serene type of music, or else if you are using hard core music, I could imagine you floating :) kidding. Music is also a good accompaniment to our meditation practices it aids us to concentrate well.

Hilmi Hamdan

A couple of days ago, I wrote a longer post about my experiences.
Today I'm editing it, I mean who wants to read long post.
So well, when meditating I take things as they come.
Once in a while there are strange experience, some nice, some shocking.
But clearly, meditating is not just about feeling good, there is a whole inner world to explore.

Derek Felton

I have experienced different sensations when I meditate. Usually there is a very calming effect and I see my life more clearly. I have also had moments when I went into a deep place and became nervous because I didn't understand what I was feeling. It was so foreign to me. But, when I'm done I typically feel more powerful, confident, and my inner knowing expands.

Skyring

Meditation is very simple. Use a mantra or keep the attention on a sense or body function. The breathing is a common one. Keep the attention on the mantra or the sense. When attention wanders - as it will - gently bring it back. Eventually you attain a stillness and tranquility.

The mind is brought to rest and stillness. There's no need to think of an image or to think or comment internally on anything at all.

It might take five minutes, it might take half an hour. But I'll get there.

Tumbleweed

I am not sure if meditation is the correct description of what I do, and I have certainly never had any kind of strange experience while doing it. Mine is mostly listening to subliminal music, or even a motivational tape, and my mind just kind of listens as it drifts from thought to thought.
I try to concentrate on the visualization that is appropriate to the tape i am listening to, but sometimes, I just seem to wander off mentally.

Cole Erispe-O'Connor

Advisor Member
I personally love meditating, for me I like silence, and I just play with my thoughts. I also find it to be the perfect time to get in some valuable visualisations going (goals etc.). Sometimes it feels like it's me talking sometimes it's something else! Delving into a lot of study into Yoga philosophy and Eastern Philosophy even the like of Ho'oponopono the ultimate goal is nothing...but have yet to experience that either lol. In fact my Father when was studying celtic magic decades ago claims to have Astral Projected but personally I haven't... yet. I'll let you know if it comes to that :p

Happy Meditating!
Cole

Charles Franklin

Advisor Member
I am a periodic meditator. When I meditate on a regular basis, I usually center myself by visualizing that I am in a room with candles around me in a circle. I start to breathe in and out in the visualization and begin meditating. After that, it's just blank.

On a rare occasion, I may have a repeating thought or a repeating image that comes up during meditation. I usually try to write it down right after meditation (if I can finish the session.)