What do you have for breakfast?

John Beck.

Hey,

what do you usually have for breakfast and what is healthy breakfast for you?

Recently, I came across this funny YouTube video about what people eat for their breakfast. :)

On work days I almost always have porridge, I find this gives me a good start to the day & has the health benefit of helping to regulate
cholesterol. On the weekends for a change I usually have cereal.

One issue I do have though is how do we get our teenage son to eat breakfast ?

Jessruth

I am trying to make a habit of eating breakfast everyday now too. I feel much better when I do eat. I have been trying to eat oatmeal, whole grain cereals or bread, and eggs. I need to add more fruit though. There are a lot of health benefits that come with eating breakfast. It promotes weight loss and helps boost your metabolism. I even read the other day that it helps protect against high blood pressure and diabetes. I thought that was pretty interesting. I think I just found several reasons to eat breakfast every single day!

pipps

I have a bowl of greek yogurt, chia seeds, goji berries, honey, almonds, raspberries and cocoa nibs (which are proven to have more caffeine in than coffee) :p This breakfast is amazing and one of my all time favourites. Plus it's super healthy and full of energy!

A

alanasalpi

In my diet. I preferred to sprouts with adding dry dates. After that, I take a glass of juice either fruit or vegetable.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member B

Nothing. Well, almost nothing from the caloric perspective of things: black coffee and water.
Intermittent fasting is one of my key changes to my habits and it has fantastic results.

I admit it might not be for everyone out there, but it has great benefits, especially for guys, in terms of hormonal balance, clarity of thought, and fat loss.

Jason Surmillon

Coaching Member
Nothing. Well, almost nothing from the caloric perspective of things: black coffee and water.
Intermittent fasting is one of my key changes to my habits and it has fantastic results.

I admit it might not be for everyone out there, but it has great benefits, especially for guys, in terms of hormonal balance, clarity of thought, and fat loss.
I pretty much do the same thing! I would fast for about 12-15 hours than just eat all my MACROS in one or two sittings

Tamara Green

I think sprouts are the best option to start your day with in breakfast. It has enough amount of proteins so that we have energy all day long.

kathyjoyce

I always start the day with a bowl of muesli topped with sliced banana. Breakfast is the most important meal of the day, as it gives your body much needed energy to get through the morning without the desire to snack on unhealthy foods.

Dustin Carabello

Advisor Member
I used to have trouble eating breakfast in the mornings. I am always hungry in the AM now but I found a shake recipe that really helped get me into eating first thing. I actually still make the shake 4 or 5 times a week.

1 banana, 2 eggs, 1-2 servings of egg whites, 1/2 cup of oats, 1 tbsp of peanut butter

Blend it and it's awesome. There's actually another variation of this recipe that you add coffee, raw unfiltered honey, almond milk and ice as well and then blend it. I've yet to try this but it sounds amazing!

Ally Mckean

Coaching Member
I agree, Bin. While I'm not doing any real fasting now, I have in the past and I loved it! Why aren't I doing any now? I used to skip brekky and eat at 11am or so but now I have porridge, banana & golden syrup...YUM!

I find food gets in the way of lots of other things I want to get done. Obviously, I'm not that interested in food or cooking etc., so it's easy for me to think in terms of no food.

Timothy Likes

I always make a shake:

2 cups milk
1 cup quick oats
2 TB peanut butter
1 banana
5 strawberries
1 scoop protein powder

Provides a solid start of all the necessary macronutrients that your body is craving after being in a catabolic state all night.