Hello EseTruth is many of us that set goals, some don't get accomplished, what's the cause and what do you think can be done to increase the chance of achieving it
Thank you so much this really helpedHello Ese
Some goals we set don't get accomplished for many reasons including:
1. We've expended our self motivation, our determination in reaching other goals. We have become emotionally drained of these emotive forces that push us to move forward. Sometimes when this happens we convince ourselves that these goals are not as important as they once were, we come up with excuses to not feel badly about having not reached them.
2. We may not have a plan of action that is organized well enough or good enough to accomplish a particular goal.
3. We may not have the degree of self motivation and organizational skills to reach the goals.
4. Under the light of in depth contemplation we come to the realization that some of our goals aren't as important as they once were and this new viewpoint isn't based on a lack of determination or planning. We have matured in our thinking about the value and necessity of the goal.
Of course there are other reasons but I believe these to be the factors most people are dealing with.
Now if you simply reverse so to speak the first 3 reasons I listed then you understand that goals are reached by having enough self motivation/determination, a plan of action, organizational skills and finally having enough imagination to look at your plan and make necessary changes and improvements, to be able to question its viability.
Last but not least you should have an objective mental picture of your current situation and what you are capable of, what skills you have, which do you need to improve and so on.
Thank you too@Ese joy Hello,
I hope it helps, if you have any further questions, I will be happy to help.
- first and most important thing, when you set your goal and not achieve it, is don´t panic, don´t blame yourself and feel bad about yourself.
- second, analyze why you didn´t accomplish that goal (but be honest with yourself, don´t lie yourself), reason could be that something really important happen, or you set your goal too high (which is not too bad in all cases), or you may be distracted and don´t work so hard or smart ........ reasons are a lot, but important is to sit down and think what cause not reaching your goal
- next i would suggest, after you find your reason, make suggestions how to prevent this from happening again, if you don´t reach your goal once a time it´s not a disaster (when you work hard, if you don´t that is a problem, and you have to find solution there), you tried something, and didn´t work, and if you find reasons Why this happened, you are smarter, because you know what NOT TO DO, and in this case, it´s step forward, not backward, even when you didn´t reach your goal
Hey, there is one quote from Les Brown:One more question guys when do one know you are setting realistic goals or trying to aim too high..you know the popular saying, shoot for the moon so when you miss, you ll land among the stars,