What Book Has Been Influenced You The Most?

Derek Felton

I'm sitting here looking at all the books on my shelf and "Manifest Your Destiny" by Dr. Wayne Dyer caught my eye. in 2005, while watching a PBS special, I discovered this book and it helped put me on a new path of purpose, self-realization, and service. no doubt, this book has been one of my biggest influences, even inspiring me to start a new career.

What book has influenced or changed your life?

The Bible.

Specifically the New Testament.

It talks about love and forgiveness and redemption. I've done a lot of negative things and I felt bad about them. But reading the Bible has helped me lift my spirits up. It made me realize that there's still some hope in this world, that there's still a chance for redemption, that there's still a chance to be saved, to change. The Bible is the most influential book for me.

pipps

I think the slight edge is one that was a game changer for me. I had read other self development books before but this was a no nonsense book with concepts that I can't believe I hadn't seen before. Basically, it's all about the small choices you make every day are more important than the big choices you make every year. Small daily habits, performed consistently over time can compound into massive success. You just have to believe in yourself and have the strength to change your life, one day at a time, one habit at a time.

convert411

The Science of Getting Rich by Wallace D. Wattles. I have read through it about 5 times and there is a chapter on Gratitude that I try to read every morning because it allows me to start my day in total gratitude and looking for the best in everything around me. I also combine it with a gratitude exercise where I list 10 things that I'm grateful for. This can be anything, people, places, objects, future projects, etc. that I have been thinking about.

When I list these items, the exercise is much more useful if I really feel grateful for each item. For example, I think about something I love, usually my two dogs. When I think about them, there is a feeling that I get within my body. I then take a moment to really feel that sensation and be grateful for that sensation. At that point I go to the first item on my list and feel that same level of gratitude for that item.

I've found this to have the greatest impact on how may day goes. If I start my day this way I'm more productive during the day and I seem to accomplish all of my goals for that day.

It was a little difficult to do this at first but once I did it for 3 weeks it became habit and now is just a part of my morning routine.

Hattrick

Advisor Member
For me it was Golf is Not a Game of Perfect by Dr. Bob Rotella. It really changed my whole mental focus on the game of golf which I then applied to everyday life. After reading this book I really became interested in personal development and have undoubtedly learned and grown from other authors and people like Tony Robbins, Dr. Gio Valiante, Brian Johnson.

Narkissos

"Who moved my cheese" was a game-changer for me.

I've always been flexible unconsciously... but this book made me see the need to consciously bend and adapt even further.

As a result of this book, I discarded the word 'no'... as well as the excuses that automatically manifested when I found something scary, or insurmountable.

I'd *definitely* suggest it to anyone.

Tumbleweed

I think that the one that helped me the most was by Og Mandino, and it is called "The Greatest Miracle in the World", and is part of a trio of books, including the "Greatest Salesman", and "Greatest Secret". All of them go hand in hand, and are told in Og's wonderful style of writing, which I also really love.
He seems to be a really caring person, and not just someone writing a book on being successful, and I recommend all of Og Mandino's books for anyone who wants inspirational reading.

D

Deleted member 1973

Beyond Freedom Evolution - Personal Development Course.

After listening to the North Star audio about the word tracks we play out in our minds, I realised I was listening to my mothers voice saying I was gullible. Over and over I would hear these words until I was 45, and I bought this Personal Development Course.
I have released this debilitating limiting belief. I am very grateful for this course.

shawnlim

Awaken The Giant Within - Tony Robbins
Think Big and Kick Ass - Donald Trump
The Magic of Thinking Big - David Schwartz
Outliers - Malcolm Gladwell

These are the 4 books that give me inspiration and motivation whenever I read them.

Nickmens

I'm sitting here looking at all the books on my shelf and "Manifest Your Destiny" by Dr. Wayne Dyer caught my eye. in 2005, while watching a PBS special, I discovered this book and it helped put me on a new path of purpose, self-realization, and service. no doubt, this book has been one of my biggest influences, even inspiring me to start a new career.

What book has influenced or changed your life?

The Bible. Every principle for true achievement is in this book

Olga Kostrova

"I AM THAT" - teachings of Nissargadatta Maharaj... That's the last book I ever needed to read :) (to integrate and understand my own experience)...

pipps

The Science of Getting Rich by Wallace D. Wattles. I have read through it about 5 times and there is a chapter on Gratitude that I try to read every morning because it allows me to start my day in total gratitude and looking for the best in everything around me. I also combine it with a gratitude exercise where I list 10 things that I'm grateful for. This can be anything, people, places, objects, future projects, etc. that I have been thinking about.

When I list these items, the exercise is much more useful if I really feel grateful for each item. For example, I think about something I love, usually my two dogs. When I think about them, there is a feeling that I get within my body. I then take a moment to really feel that sensation and be grateful for that sensation. At that point I go to the first item on my list and feel that same level of gratitude for that item.

I've found this to have the greatest impact on how may day goes. If I start my day this way I'm more productive during the day and I seem to accomplish all of my goals for that day.

It was a little difficult to do this at first but once I did it for 3 weeks it became habit and now is just a part of my morning routine.

Has think and grow rich helped you grow? I am thinking about purchasing this book but still a bit unsure? I already list my gratitudes in the morning too :)

flad264

One book that has influenced me the most has to be the bible. The book gave me a whole new perspective on my life and allowed me to think differently about it. I have gained a lot of insight from it as well. another book that I think has influenced me a lot has to be the classic the 7 Habits Of Highly Effective People I think it is by Stephen Covey, that book is a classic and a recommended read for anyone who hasn't read it as yet.