What are your "rules of life"?

Jessi

1. When you say you’re going to do something, do it. I believe that without his word, a man is nothing. This rule applies to things I tell others I will do as well as things I tell myself I’ll do.
2. Don’t lie, don’t exaggerate, don’t withhold information, don’t mislead. This rule exists mainly because it affects my performance in every day life. If I know that whatever I do will be related with perfect fidelity to others, I do it better. It also allows me to show proper respect to the people in my life. The one exception is authority figures who have the power to enforce rules but make them. For example, I might lie to a police officer to try to get out of a speeding ticket.
3. Show up on time, always. This rule is pretty recent, maybe a year or so. I’ve decided that when I commit to being somewhere at a particular time, I will always be there at exactly that time. The trick is to just get there five minutes early every single time and wait. It’s a very very minor inconvenience in return for being much more reliable.
4. No sugar, refined grains. I do cheat days every week or two, either when traveling or when it’s the polite thing to do around other people. I used to skip Christmas dinner and make my own food, but now I’ll use that as a cheat day and eat with my family.

Here's a sample from someone else to get you started. What are your general "rules of life" or guidelines that you live your life by?

A

artistry

Be the best that you can be. Be true to yourself, which will help you be true to others, take everything and try to do everything, in moderation, Laugh as much as you can and as often as you can. Give and you will receive.

AmazingP

Advisor Member
2. Don’t lie, don’t exaggerate, don’t withhold information, don’t mislead. This rule exists mainly because it affects my performance in every day life. If I know that whatever I do will be related with perfect fidelity to others, I do it better. It also allows me to show proper respect to the people in my life. The one exception is authority figures who have the power to enforce rules but make them. For example, I might lie to a police officer to try to get out of a speeding ticket.

I think we should be telling our leaders and politicians on this. The problem is that truths are now so relative and can easily be spun for someone's favor. And we can all witness this especially during elections periods. I personally on the premise of "Live and let live"...almost like the Hakuna Matata philosophy but with concern for others and general welfare. :)

carlvennt

Life comes only once so live and enjoy it to the fullest.Take every situation positively and lightly,respect your elders and treat everyone with love and affection,belief in God and yourself and enjoy every moment of life.

Last edited by a moderator: