What Are Some Of Your Favorite Quotes?

Marty Labrado

Coaching Member
I was posting some quotes in other topic that were related to what
we were discussing. I got curious. What are some quotes that you've
come across that have really made an impact on you?

These quotes here are what really stuck with me in. They've all come at
just the right moment. The timing was perfect when they came into my
life. I've saved them and kept them close to my heart over the years.
  • “Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness, that most frightens us. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won’t feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine as children do. It’s not just in some of us; it is in everyone. And as we let our own lights shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others.” (Marianne Williamson, author, lecturer)
  • “Many Christians estimate difficulty in the light of their own resources, and thus they attempt very little, and they always fail. All Giants have been weak men who did great things for God because they reckoned on His power and His presence to be with them.” (Missionary Hudson Taylor)

• “You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You are able to say to yourself, “I have loved through this terror. I can take the next thing that comes along”… You must do the thing you think you cannot do.” (Eleanor Roosevelt, Former First Lady)

• “The chains of habit are too weak to be felt until they are too strong to be broken.” (Samuel Johnson, English writer)

• “Happiness comes when your work and words are of benefit to yourself and others.” (Jack Kornfield, American author and teacher of Buddhism)

• “Just as your car runs more smoothly and requires less energy to go faster and further when the wheels are in perfect alignment, you perform better when your thoughts, feelings, emotions, goals, and values are in balance.” (Brian Tracy, Author)

Jason Surmillon

Coaching Member
Great post Marty!

I have quite a few quotes I love reading from time to time. Just to list a few:

" You don't set out to build a wall. You set out to lay that first brick as perfectly as a brick can be laid. And you do that every single day and soon you have a wall." - Will Smith

" The journey of a thousand miles starts with one step. " - Chinese Proverb

" Sow an act, reap a habit. Sow a habit, reap a character. Sow a character, reap a destiny. " - Charles Reade

"If you are going through hell, keep going. " - Winston Churchill

"Infuse your life with action. Don't wait for it to happen. Make it happen. Make your own future. Make your own hope. Make your own love. And whatever your beliefs, honor your creator, not by passively waiting for grace to come down from upon high, but by doing what you can to make grace happen... yourself, right now, right down here on Earth." - Bradley Whitford

Marty Labrado

Coaching Member
Great post Marty!

" You don't set out to build a wall. You set out to lay that first brick as perfectly as a brick can be laid. And you do that every single day and soon you have a wall." - Will Smith

" Sow an act, reap a habit. Sow a habit, reap a character. Sow a character, reap a destiny. " - Charles Reade

"Infuse your life with action. Don't wait for it to happen. Make it happen. Make your own future. Make your own hope. Make your own love. And whatever your beliefs, honor your creator, not by passively waiting for grace to come down from upon high, but by doing what you can to make grace happen... yourself, right now, right down here on Earth." - Bradley Whitford
I really like that Charles Reade quote.

Philipk

Just a quick one off quote here from the great Earle Nightingale.
"Success is the progressive realisation of a worthy ideal".

namktqs

Coaching Member
My quotes:

"Work hard, learn hard, never give up, do things with your best, be friendly, be kind person. Help people by your way. Then you will success"

"No hurt, no efforts then no success"

Marty Labrado

Coaching Member
Just a quick one off quote here from the great Earle Nightingale.
"Success is the progressive realisation of a worthy ideal".
Earl Nightingale is best.

My quotes:

"Work hard, learn hard, never give up, do things with your best, be friendly, be kind person. Help people by your way. Then you will success"

"No hurt, no efforts then no success"
Who said these?

Philipk

Earle Nightingale also had a great audio, "The Strangest Secret". In it he concluded "you become what you think about most of the time". It is a brilliant recording

Marty Labrado

Coaching Member
Earle Nightingale also had a great audio, "The Strangest Secret". In it he concluded "you become what you think about most of the time". It is a brilliant recording
I have that CD. It's a great listen. In fact, I haven't listened to it in a while.
I'm tuning into that this weekend.

Life

A great post Marty, I love quotes and these are some of my favorites:

"Throw your heart over the fence and the rest will follow" Norman Vincent Peale

"Change your thoughts and you change your world" Norman Vincent Peale

"Happiness resides not in possessions, and not in gold, happiness dwells in the soul" Democritus

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent" Eleanor Roosevelt

Marty Labrado

Coaching Member
A great post Marty, I love quotes and these are some of my favorites:

"Throw your heart over the fence and the rest will follow" Norman Vincent Peale

"Change your thoughts and you change your world" Norman Vincent Peale

"Happiness resides not in possessions, and not in gold, happiness dwells in the soul" Democritus

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent" Eleanor Roosevelt
Norman Vincent Peale's the real stuff. I love his book, "The Power of Positive Thinking".

Anne

Advisor Member
Hi Everyone!

I love your quotes, especially "Change your thoughts and you change your world". I haven't read any of Norman Vincent Peale's books, I think I need to check him out.

Here are some quotes that inspire me:

"Nothing is impossible, the word itself says 'I'm possible'!" - Audrey Hepburn

"Don't judge each day by the harvest you reap but by the seeds that you plant." - Robert Louis Stevenson

"Believe you can and you're halfway there." - Theodore Roosevelt

Have a nice day!

Anne

CraZzyChiC

Great post Marty!

These are very powerful quotes thank you for sharing

CraZzyChiC

Hi Everyone!

I love your quotes, especially "Change your thoughts and you change your world". I haven't read any of Norman Vincent Peale's books, I think I need to check him out.

Here are some quotes that inspire me:

"Nothing is impossible, the word itself says 'I'm possible'!" - Audrey Hepburn

"Don't judge each day by the harvest you reap but by the seeds that you plant." - Robert Louis Stevenson

"Believe you can and you're halfway there." - Theodore Roosevelt

Have a nice day!

Anne
I really liked "Nothing is impossible, the word itself says 'I'm possible'!" - Audrey Hepburn, Really made me smile :)