Water is important to us!

smile4u

Do you know water plays a very important role in our health?
How much water can you drink in a day? In general, doctors recommend 8 or 9 cups.
I drink a lot of water, especially tea in the office to make sure my body is not lack of water.
You should not drink water when you feel thirsty; you should drink water before you feel thirsty!

F

FuzzyMike

Seriously? I didn't know that!
I always drink water when I am thirsty. Thank you man, haha.
Now I will drink water before I get thirsty. I drink like 6 cups water a day.

Drinking a lot of water keeps your complexion healthy as well. It also helps your body clears harmful toxins through urination.
Of course dehydration can also be prevented by a considerable intake of water regularly, especially in hot weathers (like where I live).

Aquarius

Well, now? I'm really really lost! :(

My math teacher (who sells us some fancy health products), told me that I should stop drinking tea.

What should I drink? Not water! Not tea! But Health shakes! Nah. Just kidding. :D

He never said that. ;) He just told me that I shouldn't drink tea (I bring a gallon of it to school everyday) but only water.

How much tea should I actually drink? I really love tea. Especially ice cold ones. :)

And a trick I do to keep fit?
1. Drink water before each meal to have that matching 'full stomach' feeling.
2. Drink water after each meal.
3. Drink water per spoon of stuff I put in my mouth. So I get full easily during meals.
4. Rinse and repeat!

So that's me. :D Water is extremely essential for our body's system. It helps in the digestion and to all other systems. Note: The body is composed of 97% water, right? ;)

Cheers to all!

Does that reduce the amount of nutrition that you require? I mean making yourself "feel" full isn't really the way to go in the long term isn't it since it kind of screws up your body mechanism since you won't know if you haven't really took enough nutrition.

Aquarius

Does that reduce the amount of nutrition that you require? I mean making yourself "feel" full isn't really the way to go in the long term isn't it since it kind of screws up your body mechanism since you won't know if you haven't really took enough nutrition.
Offtopic: Oh. What game is that in your avatar? :D

Back to business:

I actually get what you mean. ;)

Of course, it also depends on your diet now.

If you follow a good diet anyway until today, there's no need to add or decrease anything.

"If it ain't broke, don't fix it"

As for me, I've always ate atleast 2 bowls of rice with matching 2 pieces of chicken legs before I started with this diet.

If you drink a whole glass of water already, that's like eating a whole bowl of rice already! :D

So instead, I replaced the 1st bowl of rice for water.

For the 2nd bowl of rice, I replaced it for fruits and vegetable. 2-3 bananas, 1 salad my mom cooks and only 1 piece of chicken legs. Sometimes, when I feel sneeky, I steal one leg from the fridge. :D

So I've already replaced the two bowls of rice with MORE nutritious meals. Rice could only provide energy alone. If you're a lazy person like me, you'll probably just end up storing those energies as 'fats'.

Ahh I see. As long as you're still getting the nutrients you need, I think that's fine. It's okay to be "lazy", I get lazy sometimes too. Maybe a walk to the mall instead of taking the bus or cycling to work / school instead of driving a short distance can get you some exercise that you need to burn those unwanted fats :)

PS: That game is Tibia, some kind of MMORPG.

Hi there! I agree with you 100%. Water is an important element in our body so we need to consume lots of amount of it. The general amount is 2 to 3 liters a day. That is approximately 10 glasses per day. :) There are really good benefits of water such as losing weight as it helps flush toxins and unwanted chemicals from our body, among others. It aids in digestion and it makes us look younger too, since a well-hydrated skin is a younger looking skin!

angela

I agree with the importance of water. Since our body composed of about 70percent, so we need also to recharge ourselves with water. My registered nurse recommended me to drink at least 2liters a day.

iebo

Tea can dehydrate you, that's why you shouldn't drink so much of it. I drink a lot of juice but not actual water. I don't like how it tastes. I do like some of the flavored waters that are available, like Propel and Vitamin Water.

MoreSuccess

Senior Advisor
Staff member
You need to know the quality of the water you're drinking too.. our water comes from wells and one time they closed one of the wells because the arsenic level was too high, that really worried me as I don't trust them to test frequently or even if the levels the government says is safe is truly safe. I finally put in a reverse osmosis filter which gets rid of most bad stuff, it's cheaper in in the long run than buying bottled water. I don't think the standards for bottled water are that strict either.

Speaking of bottled water, anyone else find it crazy how much some of that special bottled water is, just because they put some flavor or vitamins in it a fancy looking bottle? The profit they make on these must be astronomical.

You need to know the quality of the water you're drinking too.. our water comes from wells and one time they closed one of the wells because the arsenic level was too high, that really worried me as I don't trust them to test frequently or even if the levels the government says is safe is truly safe. I finally put in a reverse osmosis filter which gets rid of most bad stuff, it's cheaper in in the long run than buying bottled water. I don't think the standards for bottled water are that strict either.

Speaking of bottled water, anyone else find it crazy how much some of that special bottled water is, just because they put some flavor or vitamins in it a fancy looking bottle? The profit they make on these must be astronomical.
Haha! I know what you mean! :p
Marketing these days.
We even have one famous athlete in our country and over the world to endorse a water with vitamins. It is expensive, but lots of people are still buying it!
Unbelievable!

I drink a lot of water. I usually have one soft drink a day, and the rest is water. I hear a lot of people say that they hate water, but I love a nice cold glass. I'm not much of a fan of flavored water. I do use crystal light sometimes but most of the time it's just plain filtered water.

speedy

Advisor Member
How much water can you drink in a day? In general, doctors recommend 8 or 9 cups.
I drink a lot of water, especially tea in the office to make sure my body is not lack of water.
You should not drink water when you feel thirsty; you should drink water before you feel thirsty!
I drink a lot of water and more 8 to 9 cups in a day. I am not fun of soft drinks, maybe an orange juice and I love it. I have a urinary tract problem and as much as possible I want to drink more water. I always had a bottle of water with me. The bad thing about drinking of plenty of water is going to the bathroom often. I love water, and I don't to get dehydrated again as what I experienced in the past.

Yeah that's true. It's a great thing that where I live, tap water is potable and you can drink straight from the tap. There's also plenty of "water-purifying" machines from companies like Diamond. Did you buy your own filter or was it like from a machine?

AmazingP

Advisor Member
First of all, I agree with your point that we should be drinking enough water a day so as to replenish the fluids we lost and to irrigate our bodily systems as they carry their job of building and repair. But according to what I read, when we say at least 8 glasses of water, it must be pure water excluding coffee, tea and soda. So I also agree with the points raised by Aquarius.

Lastly, yup we should not wait when our brain will signal that we are thirsty, we have to drink water even before the feeling of thirst set in.

Contemptus

I agree that water is of utmost importance to us, because water constitutes a big part of the human body and hence logically, it is important that we replenish our bodies with water regularly. Besides that, on a personal level, drinking water makes me feel refreshed and revitalized when I'm fatigued. Because of so, I keep myself hydrated when I'm about to embark on physically or mentally strenuous activities so that I can remain focused.

Drink water before feeling thirsty? Hmm... that's a very vague suggestion, wouldn't you think so? Isn't thirst an indication that our body is in fact in need of water?:) Anyway, yes you are right in saying that water is indeed an important part of life. The world itself is 80% water.

moneymakingmom

Coaching Member
I drink a lot of water and more 8 to 9 cups in a day. I am not fun of soft drinks, maybe an orange juice and I love it. I have a urinary tract problem and as much as possible I want to drink more water. I always had a bottle of water with me. The bad thing about drinking of plenty of water is going to the bathroom often. I love water, and I don't to get dehydrated again as what I experienced in the past.
As a child, I suffered those UTI infections too as you mentioned and went to the doctor for treatment several times a year. That condition can be very painful. Water is one of the best ways to keep bacteria from building up in the urinary tract.

As a child, I suffered those UTI infections too as you mentioned and went to the doctor for treatment several times a year. That condition can be very painful. Water is one of the best ways to keep bacteria from building up in the urinary tract.
Luckily, I never had experienced any of these kinds of infections. My mom always tells us to drink plenty of liquids. That's why perhaps, I am such a "drinker" even when I'm already grown up.