Using YouTube To Grow Your Business & Make Money

J101

Using YouTube To Grow Your Business & Make Money

When people hear YouTube they think 'youtuber', and although there is money to be made from Google's in-built ad system, YouTube also poses a HUGE opportunity for anyone looking to sell a product/service online.

The people who are seriously winning on YouTube aren't relying on ads as their main source of income. Instead, they build an audience on YouTube by providing free content, that attracts their desired customers/clients. Once they've built a relationship with them through regular content, they can sell them on their products/services, or even sell related affiliate products/services.

The reason YouTube is especially powerful compared with other social media is that content you post on YouTube is evergreen. It can still be bringing you traffic (and thus money) YEARS after posting. Each YouTube video is an asset. Whereas the same post on Facebook/Instagram/Twitter is dead within a few days.

As video content becomes increasingly popular, there is really no reason that any person, brand or business cannot be benefiting from making YouTube videos and growing an audience. You don't even have to be on camera if you don't feel comfortable; there are many alternative ways to make engaging videos (like using free stock footage or simple animation software and providing voiceover).

Here's the best part: once ad revenue is no longer your goal, you realise you don't need huge numbers of views and subscribers to make a lot of money, you just need the right views and subscribers. I highly recommend checking out the '1,000 true fans' concept if you haven't heard it before, as it explains how just having a relatively small but loyal fanbase is enough to build a hugely successful business.

Now, full disclosure, I'm not claiming to be an expert on YouTube - I only started properly focusing on YouTube at the start of October 2019 - HOWEVER... in that time I've definitely learned a lot, and have grown relatively fast for a new channel.

To save you a little time, I'm putting together a playlist that looks at the best lessons from successful youtubers who are either growing rapidly, or making a lot of money from the platform. Click here to check out the playlist for yourself, as I genuinely believe these videos can save you countless hours of time when it comes to growing on YouTube. I certainly wish I'd known all of this stuff right from the start!

I'd love to connect with anyone else here growing a channel, and if anyone has any questions about getting started I'd be very happy to help. With this post I really just wanted to highlight that there is definitely still a great opportunity to build an engaged audience with YouTube, and that there is no better time than now to start.

Good luck! ;)

J101

Love your channel man! I would really like to share my writings with you and hear what you think about it! ;)
Thanks a lot man, really appreciate that! Sure, by all means send them over, I'd love to have a read!