Ultimate Question: Where Did God Came From?

AmazingP

Advisor Member
I hope this question should not be treated as a blasphemy by some of us. As humans, we are exposed to the reality of beginning and end. A child is born and another dies. A flower blooms and the next day it is gone. With our finite understanding, everything has to have some starting point of existence and eventual end sometime. On this ground, it would be hard for our finite understanding to grasp the full meaning of eternity -- where there is no beginning and no end -- from where God is making an abode.

Have you ask yourself and your religion: Where did God came from?

MoreSuccess

Senior Advisor
Staff member
I believe that there is no start or end to God, God just "is". Our physical minds only know the concept of physicality and time. God is outside both of these concepts so it's extremely difficult (impossible?) for our minds to grasp the possibility of that as you touch on. The closest analogy I've thought of us when you're playing one of those computer games with a virtual world- that world and it's time scale is not real, and has no meaning outside of the game. The virtual computer world was just created out of energy just as our universe is, and as far as I know science has shown energy cannot be destroyed. This would suggest energy has no beginning or end and ties back to the eternal nature of it's creator.

beingwell

I hope this question should not be treated as a blasphemy by some of us. As humans, we are exposed to the reality of beginning and end. A child is born and another dies. A flower blooms and the next day it is gone. With our finite understanding, everything has to have some starting point of existence and eventual end sometime. On this ground, it would be hard for our finite understanding to grasp the full meaning of eternity -- where there is no beginning and no end -- from where God is making an abode.

Have you ask yourself and your religion: Where did God came from?
Yes, interesting indeed. Where did God come from? He may come from the Heavens, from nature, from anywhere else really and it wouldn't change a thing for me.

God is the Alpha and the Omega. I believe this as much. I am contented in knowing that my potential an His creation is limitless and boundless; it can take me as far as I permit myself to go and become. As long as I have my faith, I am happy in knowing that my God has always been looking out for me from day 1.

AmazingP

Advisor Member
I believe that there is no start or end to God, God just "is". Our physical minds only know the concept of physicality and time. God is outside both of these concepts so it's extremely difficult (impossible?) for our minds to grasp the possibility of that as you touch on. The closest analogy I've thought of us when you're playing one of those computer games with a virtual world- that world and it's time scale is not real, and has no meaning outside of the game. The virtual computer world was just created out of energy just as our universe is, and as far as I know science has shown energy cannot be destroyed. This would suggest energy has no beginning or end and ties back to the eternal nature of it's creator.
Nice explanation. One thing that differentiates between the thinking of a man and God is that we are so finite in our won understanding. compared to lower animals, man has a spirit and this spirit makes us understand things and reason out not based on instinct but based on logical frameworks. However, this spirit in man is limited as we need the spirit of God to level up our understanding and to discern spiritual things.

sepia_majesty

There is no beginning of God. He always existed. It's hard for us to understand, but even our finite minds can sort of grasp the concept of immortality, living forever and never dying. If we can think of it that way, that a being can have a starting point or birth, and then exist forever from that point, we can sort of understand God's eternal being. His infinite existence is just like immortality, except that it extends both ways without a "starting point."

Cecil Estrera

I agree with you all here. Although we are not aware the origin of God, I still keep my strong faith for him. I know that he has been there and always be here for eternity. That's why I question his existence no more.

Empangop

Yes, interesting indeed. Where did God come from? He may come from the Heavens, from nature, from anywhere else really and it wouldn't change a thing for me.

God is the Alpha and the Omega. I believe this as much. I am contented in knowing that my potential an His creation is limitless and boundless; it can take me as far as I permit myself to go and become. As long as I have my faith, I am happy in knowing that my God has always been looking out for me from day 1.
Where is the heaven? I think, heaven is around us. We can't expect God to come a long way from the sky. Maybe when we find that God takes action longer time after our prayer that he is coming all the way from the sky to tend to our prayer. Ridiculous! The thing is that it simply take time or some delay in the execution of the prayer request. Everyone cannot hide from God because God is everywhere. Hmmmm...maybe in that sense, God is also watching human having sexual intercourse in their bedroom.

radascars

Advisor Member
I also remember asking that in one of my friend before he is a Priest and he told me that God has no beginning and no end he just explained to me that God do exist and we just need to learn how to read a bible. I really didn't understand him I just nodded and then changed the topic.

I am not that religious to explain anything about God but as long as we are living in this world and believe that God exist that is fine with me :)

Empangop

It's not enough to believe that God exist. One has to be his faithful follower all the time and do the things that please Him. In that sense, one is living in harmony with God. We cannot simply believe in God without doing things He wants us to do in a praising or for making his name holy. All the thing we do is for God. If we do bad thing in the name of God, it would be very displeasing to Him. We must love God and it should be reflected by the the good things we do to others. If we hate anyone, we are actually displeasing God. Jesus pledged us to love everyone who is our neighbor. God is here with us. He is the unseen force behind our life. We never be alone here although we may feel lonely without any friend.

rose banks

No one could ever answer this it's just our faith that keeps us believing that God existed. About where He came from, it's still a mystery.

Dr. Damon Sprock

Greetings,

In my quest for truth, it was necessary to apply the formats of science and religion to manifest a solution. The enclosed attachment is an alternative for Hawking's Big Bang theory, for those seeking a spiritual alternative for the creation of the universe, for those seeking an answer to where and how God exists.

True, God occupies an infinite dimension; however, God extended Its "Spiritual DNA" spatially beyond Its dimension to create the universe. Herein lies the "Grand Paradox," the One, infinite consciousness also acting as the many.

Attachments

pafjlh

This is an interesting question and to be honest I never gave it much thought. For me as with others God has no beginning or end. God is the infinite higher spiritual being of the universe, who has always existed.

A

artistry

If we believe that He created everything, then the answer would be self-creation. Before anything was, He was. I leave it there. He is also a mystery.

KerryL

I do not believe that there is a start or an end to god or the universe or anything.

Everything runs in cycles.

Who told us that the universe started with the big bang? Mainstream science did. However there is evidence that the universe has expanded and collapsed before. Possibly infinite times. Everything in the universe is made by/of god right? So god is timeless, infinite. He/it cannot begin or end. Everything in the universe is made of energy and therefore, made of god right? Energy is indestructible. You cannot completely destroy something. No matter what you do there is always a trace of something left behind...

God is all that is, was and forever will be. Hard to comprehend that with our finite world view but we will remember it, one day :)

Dorothy

It is an interesting question and I have never even thought much of it. For me God just is, that is it, I feel no need to question where God comes from I just believe he is here and that is all that matters to me. But it is an interesting question.