Toughening Up

pranaman

Hi all, I'm 49, and just left San Francisco for Mexico. As there's a lot going on now, I am waking up and working on creating a life I wish I have been leading a long time ago. And this is one hell of a time to do it. I am one of the only gringos here, working on my Spanish, and studying and practicing working online from a small airbnb place that I rented.

I also work on overcoming a lot of self-talk I'd rather not hear and working on being more focused, prioritizing better and organized. I know tapping, I walk, and have a routine I am working on fine tuning, but to hone, to really make myself tougher, more prepared, resilient, and produce more, that's a big part of this challenge. Anyone else working on this, or anything like this, and if so, how do you make it happen?

Hi, I've been working on myself and improving my life on and off for years now. I have made progress and I have tried many things. I believe that this work is continuous and I am vigilant every day as to how I think and what I focus on and why I do what I do.

MY TOP 3 THINGS that have made the biggest change for me are:
  1. Changing my mind (literally)
  2. Being aware of what I am thinking
  3. Staying in the now
Number 1, I use self hypnosis to re-program my subconscious my mind (pull out old self-limiting beliefs/replace with beneficial ones)
Number 2, I try my very best to not go on auto-pilot
Number 3, I try my very best to stay in my day, and if I go to the past or future I do not dwell there.

I made these changes later in life (I was about 48), and though uncomfortable at times, I still think it is the best work I've ever done.

I do wish you the very best and know that it is possible for you to change your life.

rQureshiPS

Hi there! Recently I've been trying to improve myself too! I think there are a couple of things that have really helped me do that.

The first is mindset: trying to form a growth mindset is key. It's the idea of learning from mistakes and not dwelling on them, instead using them as fuel for continuing. Also I find leaving my ego at the door is also really helpful because it makes me more open to learning.

The second is goal setting: I find setting 3 daily intentions is a great way to keep away from an overwhelming to-do list. It's essentially the 3 things I NEED to have done by the end of the day. I define them by working out which of my tasks that need to be done are the most consequential, and those are the ones I'll choose. I usually set these while eating breakfast or while doing my morning routine.

Hope these help!

pranaman

Hi, I've been working on myself and improving my life on and off for years now. I have made progress and I have tried many things. I believe that this work is continuous and I am vigilant every day as to how I think and what I focus on and why I do what I do.

MY TOP 3 THINGS that have made the biggest change for me are:
  1. Changing my mind (literally)
  2. Being aware of what I am thinking
  3. Staying in the now
Number 1, I use self hypnosis to re-program my subconscious my mind (pull out old self-limiting beliefs/replace with beneficial ones)
Number 2, I try my very best to not go on auto-pilot
Number 3, I try my very best to stay in my day, and if I go to the past or future I do not dwell there.

I made these changes later in life (I was about 48), and though uncomfortable at times, I still think it is the best work I've ever done.

I do wish you the very best and know that it is possible for you to change your life.
Thank you, very good info. I don't think I got an alert of your reply until I saw the other person's, otherwise I would have replied earlier.

As for self hypnosis, I read a book, and Marissa Peer was mentioned. Found some of her audio works on self hypnosis. You're right, it is important, and I have noticed some things that I've been saying to myself that I didn't even know I was saying, and reprogramming them as I can.

pranaman

Hi there! Recently I've been trying to improve myself too! I think there are a couple of things that have really helped me do that.

The first is mindset: trying to form a growth mindset is key. It's the idea of learning from mistakes and not dwelling on them, instead using them as fuel for continuing. Also I find leaving my ego at the door is also really helpful because it makes me more open to learning.

The second is goal setting: I find setting 3 daily intentions is a great way to keep away from an overwhelming to-do list. It's essentially the 3 things I NEED to have done by the end of the day. I define them by working out which of my tasks that need to be done are the most consequential, and those are the ones I'll choose. I usually set these while eating breakfast or while doing my morning routine.

Hope these help!
Hey, thank you. Working on trimming long lists and prioritizing as well, really good to be reminded.

pranaman

wanted to add more, as "setting 3 daily intentions" is very good for me. I know this, yet, often have many many things I plan to do. Having a 'hard 3' makes it clearer. Working on realizing what one guy said "I keep promises to myself".

rQureshiPS

wanted to add more, as "setting 3 daily intentions" is very good for me. I know this, yet, often have many many things I plan to do. Having a 'hard 3' makes it clearer. Working on realizing what one guy said "I keep promises to myself".
A great way to prioritise which 3 tasks need doing is by assessing how consequential they are! I use this technique a lot and it helps me decide when it seems as if I NEED to get 10 things done in one day. I basically check if a task has short/medium/long-term consequences and based on how valuable/how much they affect me, I then decide if that task is worthy of my daily intentions!

Here's a bit of shameless self-promo: If you want more content on self improvement, similar to what I've mentioned here, feel free to head on over to my website and drop your email! I send out regular content on productivity and it may help! http://www.productivityshark.com/

Thank you, very good info. I don't think I got an alert of your reply until I saw the other person's, otherwise I would have replied earlier.

As for self-hypnosis, I read a book, and Marissa Peer was mentioned. Found some of her audio works on self-hypnosis. You're right, it is important, and I have noticed some things that I've been saying to myself that I didn't even know I was saying, and reprogramming them as I can.
Hi - no worries for the late reply - I wanted to let you know that the self-hypnosis is truly working for me. Since I last wrote to you, I have been reprogramming my subconscious and I have increased my self-esteem. So much so that I've created a blog website called buildupselfesteem.com. LOL. I would NEVER have done this before. I'm even thinking of doing a YouTube channel! How are you getting on now?

pranaman

Hi - no worries for the late reply - I wanted to let you know that the self-hypnosis is truly working for me. Since I last wrote to you, I have been reprogramming my subconscious and I have increased my self-esteem. So much so that I've created a blog website called buildupselfesteem.com. LOL. I would NEVER have done this before. I'm even thinking of doing a YouTube channel! How are you getting on now?
thanks, that's great to hear, congratulations on your site! I've been some more inner work as well. I've been listening to an audiobook, and he recounts help from a hypnotherapist. I've been doing some 3 minute visualizations, and listening to the women he recommended, Marissa Peer. Starting to hold I think.
Do you have specific self-hypnosis tracks you use, and do you do them audibly, or do you read them, or both?