Tips on drinking more water

Agley

Well guys,Great discussion and i agree with your reviews.We should be drink water
in more quantity.Because it is the best way to rid of the stomach diseases.It give us
good energy and best for weight loss of the body.According to me that 12-15 glass
are the best in a day....

Jantje

I have a 1l bottle always standing next to my desk and a glass right next to me. The first days you have to "force" yourself and after one week, you get used to drinking regularly, especially if you talk a lot.

Forrester080

I have a 1l bottle always standing next to my desk and a glass right next to me. The first days you have to "force" yourself and after one week, you get used to drinking regularly, especially if you talk a lot.
Jantje, you have a great habit right there. We do not need to talk much to lose water but our body still loses a great amount of water when we sit in an air-conditioned room.

matthewebbert

Jantje, you have a great habit right there. We do not need to talk much to lose water but our body still loses a great amount of water when we sit in an air-conditioned room.
Thanks for sharing it i was not aware with it.. can you please explain it in more detail..

Forrester080

Thanks for sharing it i was not aware with it.. can you please explain it in more detail..
Hi Matthew,

Let's just make it simple as our skin, body has many holes that help the body keep an ideal temperature. However these holes will release the water inside your body as convection to adjust the temperature. When we sit in an air-conditioned room, they will release to cooled down water inside out, so as this water will not decrease your body temperature, to help keep you warm. As it is cool, you will not notice it like sweating, that's why we lose a lot of water that we don't know.

Carmen Loody

Water is the best beverage we should all drink, we cannot survive without water shall we say life is impossible without it. One tip that can help us to drink more water is to have water always at our side, never stock other drinks such as soda at home, when we do physical activities and exercise, we should always have water near us, a bottle of water will do.

Life Coach Pete

Know your outcome (say 8 full bottles) and then schedule it to make it more real for you.

So if you're awake from 6 AM to 10 PM (16 hours), that means you should be finishing a bottle every 2 hours. So every two hours, you should create the habit of asking yourself if you finished the bottle you were supposed to drink.

If yes, great. If no, finish the bottle right then and go refill it.

nonoyyh

We don't drink water just when we thirsty but we should drink water all the time. While you work, be sure to put a bottle of water beside you just that you can reach the water easily. Human is always demand for easy work. So, bring along a bottle of water wherever you go just to remind you to drink water.

MyDigitalpoint

Advisor Member
Remember that we were taught to develop a will power that consists of avoiding rather than to achieve.

When one sets the goal to drink more water, it's commonly to think on how to avoid fall behind the goal rather than figure out out how to achieve it.

And putting oneself a milestone everyday is a sort to play against will power in the wrong way we could conceive it.

So that, I think that the best way to drink more water is simply doing it, without stopping to see how many or how little glasses or bottles of water you have drunk throughout the day.

Tyson Brown

It's funny i found this post because i actually did some research on how much to drink and i found out what works for me and most people is to Take your body weight(in pounds) and divide it by 2 and that’s how many oz to consume for example 200 pounds/2=100 oz of water. I love carrying around a 1L water bottle so i can measure how much i am drinking. If you guys would like to see it i posted a blog post about water.

pipps

Last year all I use to drink was fizzy drinks and I couldn't stand the taste of water. Now, all I drink is water and I couldn't imagine going back to my sugary drinks. The way I did this was simple. I actually made a 30 day chart and at the start of every day I would fill up a 2L bottle with water. I was easily getting through the 2L bottle and each time I did I would put a big 'X' on that day. I reached my 30 day goal easily and although I did have a couple of days were I didn't manage it. It didn't matter. Because now I drink over 2L every day!:)

R

Results Coach Wendi

I always like to carry a bottle around with me throughout the day. I picked up a nice looking 24 ounce container that I only put water in. I freeze water in the container the night before so my water is nice and cold all day. :)

ClutterMind

Habit is definitely key (check out my blog post on habits in my signature!). A good way to form the habit is to track exactly how much water you drink every day somewhere. Don't try to eye-ball it. That way, you have a way of determining exactly when you're drinking enough water, and when you're not. It's also good for holding yourself accountable for when you don't drink enough water.

I would also recommend you get a very large bottle (I used to have a ridiculous looking 1L bottle from 7/11), fill it up with water, and make sure you drink at least two of those a day (I think that's how much water a weightlifter should be drinking, not sure about people who don't weight train). At first, it's going to be a huge change to your usual habits. I would recommend starting off small, and then working your way up. Try filling it just halfway, and making sure you finish one of those everyday, and then gradually increase. Before you know it, it will become a habit.

Even now that I don't have huge bottle with me, I find I drink plenty of water regardless.

Tumbleweed

I used to drink sugar-free soda, since I thought I was basically drinking flavored water. Then, I started reading about all of the negative aspects of the diet soda sweeteners, such as apartame, and the health problems that they cause. I started drinking plain water, but it seemed pretty tastelss after drinking the soda for so long; so I began to add a slice of either lemon or lime into my water, and that was much better. It also saves money when you go out to eat, since almost anything you order to drink in a restaurant is expensive.
However, I still mised the "bite" of a carbonated drink, so I tried drinking seltzer water, also called sparkling water, such as Perrier Water. The generic brand is usually cheaper than regular soda, and once you get used to the taste, it adds a bit of ZIP to your drinking water, but nothing else, so you can still get all the benefits of drinking your needed daily water.
Now, I have transitioned to a Sodastream, and can even make my own carbonated water, right here at home.
I have a water distiller, so I only drink distilled water, unless i am eating out, or somewhere that I have to get regular water.

farja

I think if you keep water in easy access that could help you drink more water. Especially if you are watching TV or reading a book, just keep a water bottle nearby and keep on drinking water. One thing that puts me off drinking water is the tastelessness, so to counter that some lemons or cucumbers can be put in the water. Or maybe mint could also be added. It would give the water a nice flavor and make it easier to drink.

Tumbleweed

There is a wonderful book out that is called "Your Bodies Many Cries for Water" by Dr. Batmangelhj, and he describes all of the things that water helps in our bodies, how we use it, and even the diseases that water can help heal. He also recommends using natural sea salt, and said that since our bodies have much the same composition as seawater, we also need the natural unprocessed sea salt. He explained that salt and the minerals in the salt is what actually hardens in our bones, and keeps them sturdy.
So , while too much processed salt is not good for us, having a bit of sea salt each day will also help to keep our natural water balance.
There are several great videos on you tube of Dr. Batmanghelij's lectures on water and salt.

A

alanasalpi

While drinking water, We have so many healthier benefits are there. Mostly, It will be good for skin and helps to easily digest the food. The person who drinks less amount of water we can easily find his skin is somewhat dry appearance as compared to regular water drinking persons.

dana point spa

jonson

Hi...!
No doubt drinking plenty of water is very important for weight loss.Drinking more water is easy then we think . Here are some tips.
Add some squeeze lemon or lime in water to change the taste . Try to keep a bottle with you specially during walking and exercise. Drink at least two glass of water early in the morning.