Tips on drinking more water

krimsonklein

We all know that water is the lifeblood of the Earth. It is a tasteless, odorless liquid that we all need in order to survive. I have recently been trying to drink more water daily, in order to help me loose weight and become healthier. Does anyone have any tips and recommendations on how to do so?

KingManta

I would say always carry a water bottle with you.
Buy a big plastic or metal bottle, and when you wake up, fill it up.
Whenever you're thirsty, or every once in a while just take a drink.
Instead of drinking sugary juices or pops, drink water.

beingwell

Hi kim! Have you tried drinking warm water first thing in the morning. Drink water before eating anything for breakfast or drinking your coffee. They say it can help people who intend to lose some weight. Also, don't drink the entire glass in one big gulp. Take your time. Drink it as if you're really enjoying it's quenching power.

KingManta

Hi kim! Have you tried drinking warm water first thing in the morning. Drink water before eating anything for breakfast or drinking your coffee. They say it can help people who intend to lose some weight. Also, don't drink the entire glass in one big gulp. Take your time. Drink it as if you're really enjoying it's quenching power.
I agree, this is a really good way to make sure you drink enough water.
Starting to drink it in the early morning can start a good routine as it's the first thing you do before anything else.

zararina

Coaching Member
Yes i do agree that drinking water as much and as frequent as possible is good for the health. It was right to drink every before meal to lessen the possibility of eating too much in each meal. Also better to always bring water whenever it is possible.

canadien

As others have mentioned, simply carrying around a bottle of water will help you start to drink more. Whenever you get thirsty you can just take a sip from the bottle, instead of having to choose if you want juice, pop, or water. This way you'll mostly end up drinking water, which is a much healthier alternative to sugary juices and sodas. Also, if you do drink more water, it'll help you perform better in sports, as the extra hydration will allow you to keep your stamina and also keep your body from cramping up. You gotta love H2O. :)

KingManta

And just to add one more point.
It's important to carry a bottle of water with you, not just to drink the water, but to make sure you don't drink from water fountains.
They are convenient, but those water fountains are homes to many germs and bacteria so they're not good to drink from.

Matt

And just to add one more point.
It's important to carry a bottle of water with you, not just to drink the water, but to make sure you don't drink from water fountains.
They are convenient, but those water fountains are homes to many germs and bacteria so they're not good to drink from.
If you don't touch anything but the water with your mouth, they are pretty safe to drink from. I drink a lot from them and I don't get sick a lot.

wneely

I have the same problem, and I've found that just having a water bottle doesn't really help me. It has to be comfortable and one I enjoy looking at as well as using. For that reason I sprung for a bottle of Voss at Earth Fair, and I keep it refilled with filtered water from my fridge.

Since I've gotten my "fancy" water bottle I've been drinking a lot more water throughout the day, and the kids have each asked for their own Voss bottles.

Cecil Estrera

Well I recommend drinking more and eating less. That means drinking at least 8 glasses of water a day, about 250 mL per glass. I've used this method and I did lose weight upon consuming more water than food. Keeps you hydrated and you'll get the feeling of being full when you follow what I did, and you'll eventually notice that you'll start losing weight and your food cravings decreased.

yurithebest1

My advice to you if you wanna drink more water, is to make a lot of activities per day and especially jogging and working out because when you exercise a lot, you will need a lot of water in order to restore the liquids that your body lost while working out.

radascars

Advisor Member
If you're not used to drink water all the time set schedule and gradually increase your water intake every week to make your body adjust completely in your new routine of drinking water. The best time to drink water if you want to lose weight is in the morning the moment you wake up, before doing anything else try to drink a lot of water as much as you can. That will help you to be more healthy and lose weight gradually. :)

amy005

The easiest way I am able to remember to drink more water is to fill a Nalgene bottle with water the night before and freeze it. That way it is half frozen and plenty cold. This personally encourages me to drink more water because during these summer seasons, I think it is easier to drink water especially if it is ice cold. My Nalgene bottle is about 32 oz so I usually only fill it up again once or twice in the day after that. Then I have that with me instead of the soda or sugary drinks.

DeeNeely

Definitely something I have a problem with. It never seems to quench my thirst no matter how much I drink. I have been drinking more lately, but it doesn't seem to really have an effect on my thirst. A glass of tea will take it down really quick, but I need 2-3 times as much water as I do another substance.

Yolanda

I found out that drinking what is easier for me when I carry it around in a small bottle. When I have a 1.5 liter bottle somehow I won't pour myself a glass as frequent as I would sip on the bottle. The bottle holds more water than the glass as well, so there are less refills necessary. If you want a bit of a taste you can blend it with a bit of fresh fruit juice.

vest007

One of my friends (originally from Russia), went to Australia for a job. In Russia we are not used to drinking large quantities of water, especially since the climate is very cold. I told him to take care of that and drink extra water. But he told me that his workplace is very remote and sometimes he even runs out of drinking water. Even I drink a lot of water whenever I am taking any meditation, so that the toxins doesn't accumulate on the Kidneys.

AmazingP

Advisor Member
Drinking is very, very important because without water we will never be able to survive and we would never be healthy without a good drinking habit. Now having said, it is vital that we take into consideration our source of water as not all sources can be considered to be very healthy. Buying bottled water can be really expensive in the long run so another suggestion would be to buy a filtering system and if you really have the guts to invest in something much better than an alkalizing purifier would be good.

Water is life and we should take water seriously. ;) ;)

clauemi

Like previously said just keep a bottle near you at all times and that way you don't have to get up when you are thirsty. Once you see that pop in the fridge staring back at you it's hard to say no, you just think 'maybe just this once' but you end up drinking more. Also sets good example for your kids, my kids did not like drinking water but once they saw me with a bottle all the time they just started asking me for some.

fancyfingers

I drink water from a decorative travel mug with a lid and straw. I fill it with ice water and a small wedge of lemon first thing in the morning, and refill it throughout the day. Like others have said, keeping the water handy is the key. Try putting a slice of your favorite citrus fruit. It doesn't add many calories and it tastes very good. The lemon wedge is so refreshing in the water. You will be surprised what a difference it will make.