Thoughts on 10x Rule in Life

Hubert Koh

I came across this book by Grant Cordone call the 10x Rule. I think that this rule is really good! What are your thoughts?

Hubert Koh

Its about dreaming big, and doing everything on a 10 times scale!

Hubert Koh

Sometimes, when I write down a plan, let's say earn a million in 5 years, I will purposely add one more zero to make it 10 million. Ironically, this makes me more motivated and work even harder!

Hubert Koh

The 10X Rule unveils the principle of "Massive Action," allowing you to blast through business cliches and risk-aversion while taking concrete steps to reach your dreams. It also demonstrates why people get stuck in the first three actions and how to move into making the 10X Rule a discipline.

Hubert Koh

Chapter 3: What is success?
" The economic events of the past several years should have made it obvious how badly we all underestimated the importance of success- and how essential it is actually to our survival."

Developonlinesuccess

Coaching Member
You say - Sometimes, when I write down a plan, let's say earn a million in 5 years, I will purposely add one more zero to make it 10 million. Ironically, this makes me more motivated and work even harder!

I am an incredibly positive person but I cannot believe adding a nought could help you achieve?! Yes plan big but in a realistic way - that sounds like fairies at the bottom of the garden stuff! You don't explain instances of how it has worked for you.

Hubert Koh

Yea. there is s saying. aim for stars, even if you miss, you will land on the moon. exactly my point!

Developonlinesuccess

Coaching Member
Yes I agree with the essence of your statement, it just sounded too simplistic!
Best wishes

Hubert Koh

Sometimes, simple is the lucky of the irish. :)

Hubert Koh

There is no shortage of success!

"Success for anyone or any group is ultimately a positive contribution to all people and all groups as it provides validation of all the possibilities to all. "

Hubert Koh

Be responsible for your current circumstances and take charges.

" Someone once said, " No matter where I go, there I am"

This little saying suggested to me hat I am both the problem as well as the solution. :)

Scott Harvey

Advisor Member
There are stories of people hitting 100's of millions, even billions in shorter time frames than 5 years. The important thing is to have an end goal that is so unbelievably unrealistic that you're forever going to be dreaming about... Shoot for the stars and you'll hit the moon etc.

On top of that, though, it's important to set short-term achievable goals that cause you to take action. Yes, it's possible to be a multimillionaire in a few months with the right product, but it's not going to achieve that if you don't put the work in and achieve the right short term goals.

The 10x rule is a good idea, but should not be used in isolation of other goal setting methods.